Promotional Film On Official Site

Jaggernaut

What big match atmosphere? :P Do these videos serve any purpose as the club struggles to stay in business?

It's an inexpensive video brochure to sell commercial sponsorship. We need all the money we can get. I am pleased that the club is making the effort.

It's an inexpensive video brochure to sell commercial sponsorship. We need all the money we can get. I am pleased that the club is making the effort.

No argument with you. I can't work out why it's been done with four home games left of the season. Perhaps it's been done with an eye on the next one? Aside from the club website, I wonder where else it will be seen.

No argument with you. I can't work out why it's been done with four home games left of the season. Perhaps it's been done with an eye on the next one? Aside from the club website, I wonder where else it will be seen.

Fans should post it on their Facebook pages.

I’d also like to know where else this will be shown?

Produced for free? I hope so! I showed it to somebody impartial – they laughed.

I’ve recently enjoyed using the official site more frequently because of its simplicity. It has come on a long way. However, those crappy embedded videos which take up half a page deter a lot of customers from searching websites. Just wondering who they are targeting via the website with this guff?

I’ve recently enjoyed using the official site more frequently because of its simplicity. It has come on a long way. However, those crappy embedded videos which take up half a page deter a lot of customers from searching websites. Just wondering who they are targeting via the website with this guff?

I presume it will be sent to potential clients, or people who currently have hospitality/sponsorship packages, who will then hopefully send it to business pals etc. I don't see how it can do any harm.

Don't you think that constructive criticism would be more useful than simply destructive criticism? In other words, can you suggest something that you know would be better?

I presume it will be sent to potential clients, or people who currently have hospitality/sponsorship packages, who will then hopefully send it to business pals etc. I don't see how it can do any harm.

Much as I see it. In my experience only hard hitting promotion videos can backfire as they tend to head OTT. Something soft and sanitized like this is harmless and just could be effective in a small(npi) way.

Often the guys that pull the marketing budget strings are London based and want some sort of tangible evidence where their lads are spending the company money. Many moons ago when I was asked for sponsorship or to take up hospitality packages etc my stock answer was "I'll think about it but first send me a brochure". This video is just a modern equivalent of a brochure and thus totally harmless.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It appears to be the old "dammed if you do, dammed if you don't" scenario. The club are criticised for not advertising but when they do what happens - they get criticism for what they put out! To me it seems a perfectable acceptable effort which, as has been said, won't have cost us anything and if it brings in any additional money will have served its purpose.

It appears to be the old "dammed if you do, dammed if you don't" scenario. The club are criticised for not advertising but when they do what happens - they get criticism for what they put out! To me it seems a perfectable acceptable effort which, as has been said, won't have cost us anything and if it brings in any additional money will have served its purpose.

agree entirely,at least it is an attempt to raise awareness of what is on offer,i presume the detractors will come forward with their own effort

What is wrong with getting a gorgeous looking lassie like Ami to a bit of promotional work for the club. Not only does she look good but sounds it too.

Someone said their friend laughed at it. Laughed at it! Good god why on earth would they want to do that. Even more, why would he want to tell us.

Well done Ami.

I must admit I'm guessing here but i think it probably has more to do with raising awareness with next season in mind. I can't see much point in it with only 4 homes games left and one of them is being taken up with the offer for CF members, plus one game is midweek with no hospitality available.

Don't have any issue with how it was done. It looked quite professional and it is aimed at a certain type of clientele. We have to tap into any additional source of revenue so no time like the present to get the ball rolling.

Don't you think that constructive criticism would be more useful than simply destructive criticism? In other words, can you suggest something that you know would be better?

Have it in the Commercial section of the site instead of the homepage. What's wrong with just a link on the front page?

The homepage previously looked great - really tidy, discreet use of sponsors advertising and recent news available as soon as the homepage loads. Well done to those who update it regularly with the reports, photos, previews. Ive been using it much more than ever before but this latest "enhancement" looks amateur and brings the homepage down.

Seems to me like someone is just desperate to get their mug on the homepage.

Have it in the Commercial section of the site instead of the homepage. What's wrong with just a link on the front page?

See you can be critical and constructive when you want :thumbsup2: ,

It's a decent point you make. Personally I feel it's fine where it is for a short while (a couple of weeks maybe) then it should, as I'm sure it will, be moved to the commercial section.

See you can be critical and constructive when you want :thumbsup2: ,

It's a decent point you make. Personally I feel it's fine where it is for a short while (a couple of weeks maybe) then it should, as I'm sure it will, be moved to the commercial section.

Agreed.

And with all due respect, M'Lady, I'd rather see Ami's smiling face than the coupon of your avatar....

And with all due respect, M'Lady, I'd rather see Ami's smiling face than the coupon of your avatar....

Aye that maybe so but I can just imagine if you had an avatar who we'd be subjected to. No doubt it would be the chairperson of the Apostrophe Protection Society or Gyles Brandreth from Dictionary Corner.

:D