Rumour

stuthejag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Club anticipate making an announcement regarding the football side of the Club's affairs within the next hour or so.

Please check back here at www.ptfc.co.uk later this afternoon.

Have they decided we are going part time? :thinking:

I will guess it's about the hole in the player budget for next year.

In a cost cutting measure, Partick Thistle will no longer run a football team. This will save the most significant part of our expenditure, and preserve the quality of the playing surface.

It is hoped that this announcement will help to demonstrate our commitment to the long term future and that fans will demonstrate their support by continuing to buy season tickets.

Seriously pissed off.

I'm at hospitality tomorrow - might start up a chant of Sack The Board during the main course!

Edited to add - I wait with interest to hear the background to this. The continuation of my £30 per month to the Centenary Fund and my season ticket for next season will be riding on it.

Edited by Allan Heron

If it's not Killie then I think it may be that he has been told the playing budget is being cut even more so than expected and he has decided that enough is enough.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think that McCall can afford to give up his Jags salary with no job lined up. My money would be on him going to Killie.

Edited by kni

Gutted if he has gone, have backed him even when we had our bad spell. Honestly believe he could have taken us to the SPL next season. I'm actually kind of hoping he's taking the Killie job, as if he's not, you have to ask why he's leaving. What is going on behind the scenes to make him leave? (If he's not taking another job).

If it's not Killie then I think it may be that he has been told the playing budget is being cut even more so than expected and he has decided that enough is enough.

He's already signed up most of the players he said he wanted for next season including a few of the better players on 2 year deals. A very strange thing to do without knowing his budget for next season already.

I just feel sorry for whoever comes rushing in here in about four hours' time and starts a McCALL GONE!!! thread.

And about four hours and one second we'll be taking that forensic look at the club's operations so beloved of you and I. ;)

Edited by McKennan