Rumour

stuthejag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a left field choice, maybe Paul Sheerin?

Employing young unproven managers is always a risk, and sometimes pay dividends, but it's maybe not a risk worth us taking given our situation.

Bit of a contradiction from you I think. Does 1 (granted successful) season with a part time team in the 3rd division make him proven?

Stunned by this, wish McCall well.

I hope youth set-up is not under threat. But with falling gates, who knows. We need Fox to stay and Boyle to re-sign.

Let's get behind Jaggy McN, he could just be the next Coyle!

McCall is part of the reason for the falling gates. It's been a 3-5-year plan every year since he arrived, with some truly awful and prolonged spells of awfulness on the field at times, especially away from home. He's shown very little that would suggest he is somehow a top-notch manager in the making.

Managers, like players, come and go.

Monra Jags.

Looking forward even more to tomorrow's match than I was a couple of hours ago.

Edited to add: there is a problem..."Jackie McNamara's Red and Yellow Army" disnae quite roll off the tongue to easily.

Edited by Jaggernaut

McCall is part of the reason for the falling gates. It's been a 3-5-year plan every year since he arrived, with some truly awful and prolonged spells of awfulness on the field at times, especially away from home. He's shown very little that would suggest he is somehow a top-notch manager in the making.

Monra Jags.

Edited to add: there is a problem..."Jackie McNamara's Red and Yellow Army" disnae quite roll off the tongue to easily.

Jaggy Mac's rednyella army does tho :D

Monra Jags.

Jaggy Mac's Red 'n' yellow army!

If he's talked his way into a better job, good luck to him. I'd be hugely surprised, but pleased for him, if his best managerial years aren't already long gone. His limitations will never let him stray far from First Division level, I think.

Possibly brought through more promising coaches than players during his tenure? :thinking:

As Jaggernaut says, they come and they go. Looking forward to the next manager to profess his deep love for the Jags...

Bit of a contradiction from you I think. Does 1 (granted successful) season with a part time team in the 3rd division make him proven?

It is a bit of a contradiction but I have a good feeling about Sheerin. He'll replace McInnes at St Johnstone when he leaves if nobody appoints him first.

I think even a season of management is a massive difference to stepping in like Jackie is.

It is a bit of a contradiction but I have a good feeling about Sheerin. He'll replace McInnes at St Johnstone when he leaves if nobody appoints him first.

I think even a season of management is a massive difference to stepping in like Jackie is.

Don't want a northener as manager.Remember dick campbell ?we're a glasgow team.Ideally our manager should always be from glasgow and if not from glasgow outside scotland or the uk rather than a northerner/teuchter

Thistle manager with a broad dundoian or aberdeen accent would be awful.Campbell and his fife tones were bad enough.We're a unique club need to history here to understand it.Northerners don't get it

surely if this is the case we are due money or else every club would tell a manager to resign to avoid paying compo

It would probably depend on whether he was on a contract or not. If it was a rolling contract due to finish this summer. McCall and the Board might well have agreed that he can go with immediate effect, so they save some money.

Employing young unproven managers is always a risk, and sometimes pay dividends, but it's maybe not a risk worth us taking given our situation.

Off course it is but we have had some really disappointing experienced mangers come to us Billy Lamont, Benny Rooney, Murdo MacLeod, Dick Campbell all spring to mind

It would probably depend on whether he was on a contract or not. If it was a rolling contract due to finish this summer. McCall and the Board might well have agreed that he can go with immediate effect, so they save some money.

A rolling contract, by definition, has no fixed termination date.

Don't want a northener as manager.Remember dick campbell ?we're a glasgow team.Ideally our manager should always be from glasgow and if not from glasgow outside scotland or the uk rather than a northerner/teuchter

Thistle manager with a broad dundoian or aberdeen accent would be awful.Campbell and his fife tones were bad enough.We're a unique club need to history here to understand it.Northerners don't get it

Fife isn't "northern".

Don't want a northener as manager.we're a glasgow team.Ideally our manager should always be from glasgow and if not from glasgow outside scotland or the uk rather than a northerner/teuchter

Paul Sheerin's from Edinburgh.

Jimmy Nicholl would be my shout. You only have to look what he has achieved at Cowdenbeath this season. He has proved he can get a competitive team on the park with sod all money to work with.

I wish McNamara well for he remainder of the season but, in my opinion we can't afford to appoint a rookie. Our financial position compared to when Britton/Whyte were appointed is completely different. We had the SPL parachute payment and our debt was no where near as high as it is now. Personally, I don't think we can't afford to take another risk like this in the long term.

If it turned out to be another Britton/Whyte mistake I would seriously be worried for the Club.

Edited by northernsoul

Given our financial plight i can only see us getting someone with no or practically no experience. Someone like Jimmy Nicholl or even Gus McPherson would command a larger wage so i would be willing to bet we go for the cheapest but not necessarily the best option

John Robertson is another name to throw in there (if it hasn't been already).

Done a decent job at East Fife this season after taking over around October time when they were looking pretty dire and experienced at this level including winning the division with Inverness.

Robertson is probably on the boards long list.