Grehan

lennythistle

Badly bruised ribs are very sore and take a while to heal. It would be sensible to rest him next week.

Agree. There's no real reason Martin should start next week. With the league already won we're not even under any moral obligation to field our strongest team and there's no contracts to be won in a forward position. If he's back in training early enough we can stick him on the bench.

Been out tonight and I'm glad to come home to what appears encouraging news about the lad :thumbsup2:

shaun fraser's first start?

I feel that could work well. I get the impression that starting Fraser isn't something that JMcN or IMcC wanted to do just yet. Being forced into it kinda takes the stress of Shaun a bit. If he starts next week Shaun's not likely to have the added pressure of knowing he'd keeping a fit regular on the bench.

Does a diagnosis of 'concussion' not normally mean they are told to rest up for two weeks as a precaution? In which case we therefore either start with Fraser next week or Stewart up front with Rowson coming back into the midfield.

From the Evening Times today

"But McNamara hopes he will be available for the Raith clash this weekend. He said: “Martin was concussed on Saturday and he took a blow to his ribs as well but he seems to be okay.

“But he was off with sickness yesterday. He might be in contention for Saturday, it is still early in the week so we will see how he responds.

“If he is not better than we will think about resting him. I don’t want him going out there if he is not right.”"

"But McNamara hopes he will be available for the Raith clash this weekend. He said: “Martin was concussed on Saturday and he took a blow to his ribs as well but he seems to be okay.

“But he was off with sickness yesterday. He might be in contention for Saturday, it is still early in the week so we will see how he responds.

“If he is not better than we will think about resting him. I don’t want him going out there if he is not right.”"

I thought, like an earlier poster, that a player suffering concussion had to take time out from the following week's fixture? :unsure:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

The club said that Grehan had bruised ribs. I cannot see the point of risking him on Saturday. It's an ideal opportunity to give Fraser and Burns more first-team experience.

The club said that Grehan had bruised ribs. I cannot see the point of risking him on Saturday. It's an ideal opportunity to give Fraser and Burns more first-team experience.

This.

Fraser first 60/70 minutes at least, with Doolan and Erskine, then Burns on replacing one of them for remainder.

Nice to see Dundee are sticking to their reputation. Just watched the highlights to see their player walk past martin grehan like he wasn't there, when he was unconscious lying on the floor and later had to be stretchered off with a neck brace.

I think that's being incredibly unfair to them. A number of Dundee players checked to see if he was OK and he was also applauded off by the Dundee fans.

he went to his team mate who was involved & also went down injured, nothing wrong with that

I was very impressed by the Dundee fans as Martin Grehan was being carried off. Although the game was back in progress and there was every excuse to ignore activity off the park, there was a healthy ripple of applause taken up by groups in different sections of the stadium as the stretcher party went past-rather like a Mexican Wave of sound as Dundee fans co-operated in maintaining the momentum until finally Martin was "passed over" to the Thistle section of the support. All in all a nice touch.