Mcnamara And Donnelly 'to Be Unveiled Tomorrow'

Buchanan 9

Mac B you say...

Sangs Drinks

A Bee with yellow and black stripes for the Jags and the word Mac on our shirts as Jackie is announced as boss... genius!

PS I notice that Sangs were taken over not that long ago by a company involving an Andy Anderson, 55, who had spent 21 years working for Barrs. Our Andy Anderson per chance?

Edited by Vom Itorium

There is no mention of them being in the playing squad too. Perhaps they are hanging up their boots but it would be useful to have them as back-ups if there is an injury crisis.

That might be right, but it would mean that both would need to stay pretty fit, training at least at part-time level.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Mac B you say...

Sangs Drinks

A Bee with yellow and black stripes for the Jags and the word Mac on our shirts as Jackie is announced as boss... genius!

PS I notice that Sangs were taken over not that long ago by a company involving an Andy Anderson, 55, who had spent 21 years working for Barrs. Our Andy Anderson per chance?

At first glance it would be a strange association, as they're a north-east company. No shortage of teams nearer to where they are that could use sponsorship.

There is no mention of them being in the playing squad too. Perhaps they are hanging up their boots but it would be useful to have them as back-ups if there is an injury crisis.

That might be right, but it would mean that both would need to stay pretty fit, training at least at part-time level.

You really need to keep up, lads. McNamara announced his retirement about 10 days ago. :)

I would imagine Donnelly could still be called upon in a crisis.

I had thought the rumours were that Europa, who Billy Allan is involved with were going to be the new sponsors. I guess though, it was BA who was supposed to have sorted the deal, perhaps he has contacts at macB rather than the sponsorship coming from his own company.

At first glance it would be a strange association, as they're a north-east company.

Perhaps it's another hint towards Billy Allan's influence, as he's Group CEO of ASCO, the Aberdeen-based oil and gas logistics supplier.

Contacts in the north east, brand looking to extend its reach in the central belt, voila.

The Sun reported that Graeme Roberts got interviewed earlier this week, but I have a horrible feeling he got sacked by Clyde....

Yup under some sort of cloud...fall out over some financial issues wi him and Joe Miller was it not?

Thank god he never got the job, was at Ipox last night getting slavered over by their knuckledraggers apparently.

I find it hard to believe that he was even given an interview to be honest. Sacked from Clyde with some terrible rumours coming out afterwards. Out of all the applicants we had, surely he wasnt the stand out from the rest?

Absolutely delighted that Jaggy Mac is getting it :thumbsup2:

Same here.

Just hope we havent all guessed wrong and we find out its Geery Collins with Derek Johnstone as his assistant

Sorry for not being as excited as others but I feel that this is something that the Jags should not be doing at this time. We have tried it before with the Britton/Whyte combination and it never worked. I am not baseing this debate on Britton/Whyte but on the fact that next season in the First Division is going to be even harder than it was than this season. Therefore I believe now is not the time to tinker with inexperienced management.

Dont get me wrong but if it all goes well then I will be the first on here and at the games to heap the praise but if it does go wrong then in the current financial climate and in relation to how bad the crowds have been then it could be disastrous. This seems to be the cheapest option and does this mean that 2 more players wages will be released to the manager seeing as they will now be Manager/Assistant Manager. Last point there is no way that Simon Donnolly should be given another role as a player enough is enough.

I find it hard to believe that he was even given an interview to be honest. Sacked from Clyde with some terrible rumours coming out afterwards. Out of all the applicants we had, surely he wasnt the stand out from the rest?

If he was an example of 'outstanding talent' then it was outstanding in the wrong way. Let's hope he was never really seriuosly considered - or if he was that he didn't get it and the Jaggy MacB story is true.

Ruchillnomore - not quite the same as before as it's not a co-manager gig. Macnamara is the mananger (he has an assistant but has the final say in things).

Also Macnamara and Donnelly have both been working for a while coaching and learning about management. It's not a sudden thing like with Whyte and Britton where they were unprepared and Whyte really was never that interested but just went along for the ride.

Doesn't mean he'll be successful long term, we can't tell for sure. But at the same time no reason to believe he'll be a disaster either and there have been signs that he may become a decent manager. Only time will tell for sure.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Sorry for not being as excited as others but I feel that this is something that the Jags should not be doing at this time. We have tried it before with the Britton/Whyte combination and it never worked. I am not baseing this debate on Britton/Whyte but on the fact that next season in the First Division is going to be even harder than it was than this season. Therefore I believe now is not the time to tinker with inexperienced management.

Dont get me wrong but if it all goes well then I will be the first on here and at the games to heap the praise but if it does go wrong then in the current financial climate and in relation to how bad the crowds have been then it could be disastrous. This seems to be the cheapest option and does this mean that 2 more players wages will be released to the manager seeing as they will now be Manager/Assistant Manager. Last point there is no way that Simon Donnolly should be given another role as a player enough is enough.

You're making some valid points, but realistically: who would be an experienced manager who ( a ) we could afford, ( B ) would want the job, and ( c ) was somebody who hadn't simply been shown the door for failing to do anything significant at their previous clubs? The trend these days is definitely towards younger managers, even rookies, and some of them do have success. JM might just be one of them.

At first glance it would be a strange association, as they're a north-east company. No shortage of teams nearer to where they are that could use sponsorship.

As has now been posted by other people, Billy Allan is from that area & it wouldn't surprise me if he had arranged the deal, if it is indeed that company who will be the shirt sponsors.

You really need to keep up, lads. McNamara announced his retirement about 10 days ago. :)

I would imagine Donnelly could still be called upon in a crisis.

Although McNamara has announced his retirement, I presume should he be needed next season he'll pull on the boots, but only in a real emergency, same for Donnelly.

Whyte and Britton had a bit of a mare no-one can deny that, but they took over an appallingly bad shambles left by Gerry Collins, McNamara is taking over a reasonably settled young team, McNamara is going to be the manager instead of the co-op that W&B had, so apart from their similar level of experience and age, there is a bit of difference.

There's no guarentee an experienced manager will bring success. Look down south, Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, look how well he did aged 32 or something. Then there's the guy at MK Dons, can't remember his name, don't even know that he's 30 yet, got them in play offs.

I'm quietly confident McNamara will be a good appointment for us, and the first step into a successful management career.

Edited to add: anyone else had their armchair celtic fan friends already asking to come along to odd game next season to "support wee jackie" etc. All for that if it gets few extra bums on seat some weeks. He seems very well thought of by the tic didn't know he was so popular.

Edited by chunky jag

Whyte and Britton had a bit of a mare no-one can deny that, but they took over an appallingly bad shambles left by Gerry Collins, McNamara is taking over a reasonably settled young team, McNamara is going to be the manager instead of the co-op that W&B had, so apart from their similar level of experience and age, there is a bit of difference.

There's no guarentee an experienced manager will bring success. Look down south, Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, look how well he did aged 32 or something. Then there's the guy at MK Dons, can't remember his name, don't even know that he's 30 yet, got them in play offs.

I'm quietly confident McNamara will be a good appointment for us, and the first step into a successful management career.

Edited to add: anyone else had their armchair celtic fan friends already asking to come along to odd game next season to "support wee jackie" etc. All for that if it gets few extra bums on seat some weeks. He seems very well thought of by the tic didn't know he was so popular.

Good point.

Our recent, more orange-flavoured managers haven't really resulted in many of those of the other bigoted persuasion exactly flocking to Firhill.