Hall Of Fame Dinner

twinny

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you nominate to be inducted in the Partick Thistle Hall of Fame?

• Danny Lennon
    • Gerry Britton
    • Mo Johnstone
    • Alan Hansen
    • Chic Charnley
    • Andy Anderson
    • Jackie Campbell
    • Alex Forsyth
    • Kenny Arthur
    • Steve Maskrey
    • Donnie McKinnon
    • Jimmy Davidson
    • Alan Archibald
    • Brian Whittaker
    • Molly Stallan
    • Alan Rough
    • John Hansen
    • Joe Craig
    • George Niven

Partick Thistle Hall of Fame - Official Site

Well, as it says on the tin really, who would get your vote? I've already sent an email to the Clown in support of Danny Lennon, as a double championship winning captain he is one of the most successful club captains we have had. He really pulled the strings in that squad and is my favourite player since I started going in 1997.

Who else could be nominated? How about Gerry Britton?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as it says on the tin really, who would get your vote? I've already sent an email to the Clown in support of Danny Lennon, as a double championship winning captain he is one of the most successful club captains we have had. He really pulled the strings in that squad and is my favourite player since I started going in 1997.

Totally agree about Danny Lennon. I can't remember who is all in already to be honest, I assume Lambie must be, but if not he should be.

I have 2 probably controversial nominations, but they both went to be 2 of the most successful ex-Jags ever, Maurice Johnston & Alan Hansen.

I to will be voting for Super Danny Lennon.

I don't think Chic is in, so if that is the case then, Chic.

Also, given 40th anniversary, is Jackie Campbell in (yeah i know the team is, as are some of the team in their own right). Jackie should be in on his own right.

Totally agree about Danny Lennon. I can't remember who is all in already to be honest, I assume Lambie must be, but if not he should be.

I have 2 probably controversial nominations, but they both went to be 2 of the most successful ex-Jags ever, Maurice Johnston & Alan Hansen.

Lambie is in.

Mo was my first fav player at Firhill. I'd say, however, as much as i like them, Mo and Alan's success was away from Firhill and thus not relevant to Hall of Fame.

No, neither was with us long enough to rate that, no matter how successful they were later with other clubs.

If you want to go that direction, better suggestions would be someone like Alex Forsyth (member of 71 cup final team and later of Man U and Scotland.

Personnally I'd go for someone who was a bit special to the team (not necessarily going on to greater things) and was with us for a few seasons.

Or how about this for a weird one ... the Thistle 1921 cup winning team. OK none of them could turn up but it's worth thinking about. It would save money on food and drink for one thing.

Edited by Mr Bunny

No, neither was with us long enough to rate that, no matter how successful they were later with other clubs.

If you want to go that direction, better suggestions would be someone like Alex Forsyth (member of 71 cup final team and later of Man U and Scotland.

Personnally I'd go for someone who was a bit special to the team (not necessarily going on to greater things) and was with us for a few seasons.

Or how about this for a weird one ... the Thistle 1921 cup winning team. OK none of them could turn up but it's worth thinking about. It would save money on food and drink for one thing.

Thistle 1921 cup winning team are already in the Hall of Fame. Yeah none of them could turn up, but their offspring did.

Thistle 1921 cup winning team are already in the Hall of Fame. Yeah none of them could turn up, but their offspring did.

Just shows I haven't been paying attention. Us rabbits have short attention spans. They should maybe give a list of everyone that's in it so far, to save us making mistakes like that. (I know they mention previous members but I'm sure they don't provide a complete list).

Two excellent nominations there.

Is Andy Anderson in already? A real stalwart from the 70s and part of one of Thistle's best ever central defensive partnerships with Jackie Campbell.I don't ever remember him playing with any other team.

Andy is in under the 71 LCF side....he seemingly came on as a sub in a game. Well I was at every LC game that season, home and away and I dont remember him playing and I know Andy has no recollection of the game. Agreed, he deserves a place under his own name and not as part of a team. Never played for another club and gave 12 years great service to the club

Andy is in under the 71 LCF side....he seemingly came on as a sub in a game. Well I was at every LC game that season, home and away and I dont remember him playing and I know Andy has no recollection of the game. Agreed, he deserves a place under his own name and not as part of a team. Never played for another club and gave 12 years great service to the club

We had already won our League Cup Section so we played virtually a reserve side in the final game against Raith Rovers - it was a midweek game at Firhill and we won 5-0. The Stadium Announcer mentioned that he was looking forward to seeing our young substitute, Andy Anderson, make his first team debut as he had heard great things about him.

Andy came on in that game for Jackie Campbell, the other central defender was Donnie MacKinnon. All three worthy of Hall of Fame status in their own right.

Ian Dick played in goal, the right back was Logan and Jimmy Mullin was up front in that game - I only have a hazy memory of them but presumably they are all in the Hall of Fame too.