Return Of The 50/50 Draw

Fawlty Towers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

There will be sellers in the usual places on Saturday but, as mentioned in another thread, there is an unusual twist with after the cash prize winner two other winners being selected and they will contest a penalty shoot out. The winner will then compete in a penalty shoot out at half time in the Falkirk game against the winners of the shoot outs at the Livingston & Raith matches for a free season ticket for next season.

Your support for the 50/50 draw this season has been great and if we can keep that up for the final 4 home games then we will have raised an excellent sum for youth development which is such an important area for our club.

Thanks for you support and see you on Saturday.

Tickets will be on sale as usual on Saturday and you still have a chance of winning yourself a free season ticket for the next season:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/march_2012/been_brushing_up_on_your_penalty_skills

We got an excellent response last week and hopefully that will continue on Saturday.

Thanks for your continued support!

Are there often unclaimed second place prizes? Or is it just that someone didn't want to kick the ball in front of a crowd?

Given that there's a fifteen minute queue to get or in some cases not get the pie of your choice, folk in the loo or chatting to their mates in the concourse it's highly likely you could miss the draw. Also I'm not too sure everyone would be that keen to take part. The important thing is the response in terms of sale of 50/50s.

Just as some won't wish to take part there'll be many champing at the bit to have a go. If this is to become a regular or on going event maybe some sort of stand by draw could be made, more money to the Club, rather than Lance picking someone at random?

A half-baked idea: Whenever the Jags win, the feelgood factor might well mean that punters would be willing to throw away gamble another quid or so for the cause. Not sure how to arrange it, but another sale of tickets on the way out, with the draw to be announced on the OS later, might well bring in another couple of hundred quid following every victory.

I also remember a pay-for-each-goal scam scheme (I think at Raith Rovers) where guys pledged a quid for every goal the team scored. I'd even go for that if every month, 2 months, or even at the end of the season there was some kind of prize draw involved. In general, it's always better to give people a chance of winning something half-decent than to ask them simply to donate.

A half-baked idea: Whenever the Jags win, the feelgood factor might well mean that punters would be willing to throw away gamble another quid or so for the cause. Not sure how to arrange it, but another sale of tickets on the way out, with the draw to be announced on the OS later, might well bring in another couple of hundred quid following every victory.

I also remember a pay-for-each-goal scam scheme (I think at Raith Rovers) where guys pledged a quid for every goal the team scored. I'd even go for that if every month, 2 months, or even at the end of the season there was some kind of prize draw involved. In general, it's always better to give people a chance of winning something half-decent than to ask them simply to donate.

Not sure about the logistics of selling after games but the PAYE (Pay As You Enjoy) scheme that Raith Rovers have used is one that I did suggest to the club under a previous regime. Basically people pledge to pay a minimum of £1 per league goal scored (they can pay more if they wish or pay for an individaul player scoring, eg £5 for every Rowson goal) and the amount raised over the season goes to the transfer budget for next season. If 50 people took part and 50 goals were scored over the season then you are looking at £2,500 being raised and the people who take part can be entered in a draw for some prize at the end of the season.

Not sure about the logistics of selling after games but the PAYE (Pay As You Enjoy) scheme that Raith Rovers have used is one that I did suggest to the club under a previous regime. Basically people pledge to pay a minimum of £1 per league goal scored (they can pay more if they wish or pay for an individaul player scoring, eg £5 for every Rowson goal) and the amount raised over the season goes to the transfer budget for next season. If 50 people took part and 50 goals were scored over the season then you are looking at £2,500 being raised and the people who take part can be entered in a draw for some prize at the end of the season.

Sounds good to me.

How much for a Tommy Stewart goal?

A late call off meant we were a seller down but with your support we still managed to generate a prize of £320 - thanks to everyone who had purchased a ticket.

Congratulations to the winner of the penalty shoot out and good luck to all 3 guys in the final.

Missed the winning numbers on Saturday and can't see them on official site.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Saturday is the final chance you have this season of winning a good cash prize in the 50/50 halftime draw and with it being the last home game of the season (as well as Archie's 400th appearance) we are hoping to make it a large prize. If you don't normally purchase a ticket then please consider doing so as that 50p investment could give you a big enough return to buy your season ticket with cash remaining!

The support we have received this season has really been excellent and we are looking for one final push on Saturday. Remember as well that you can still get yourself involved in the penalty shootout at haltime on Saturday:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/april_2012/50-50_draw_shoot_out_finale

Thanks again for your support!

Thanks to your superb efforts today we got our highest cash prize of the season - £455. Thank you on behalf of all the sellers to everyone who has purchased tickets over the course of the season as your support is really appreciated. By my reckoning we have generated £7,712 for youth development at the club this season and that is a great effort.

Congratulations to the gentleman who won the penalty shoot out and a free season ticket.

We will be going away over the summer and thinking about things that we could do to further increase how much we generate for the club so if you have any ideas please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again for your support!

Congratulations to the gentleman who won the penalty shoot out and a free season ticket.

Not at all! I think that at least one work colleague came to the game because I was in the final, while another congratulated me on Facebook. Ryan Scully must hate me now! :D After all, I've put 4 past him in about 20 minutes - although the Dundee mob couldn't put 1 past him in 90.

By the way, a colleague did suggest that being half-German would win it for me. Maybe there is something in that.....

Edited by Fearchar

Whoop-Dee-Do....Lady Skwerr had today's winning ticket! :frantic:

We went round to the main office after the game (as, I think, Lance, said to do) and there was no-one home, so we were left standing around, pressing the unanswered doorbell.

Will be down at their door first thing Monday Morning to scoop up the hard-won gains.

That's my season ticket sorted. :thumbsup2: (if I'm nice to her :innocent2: )