Slovenian Midfielder?

Firhillista

So, apart from sarky and smart-arse comments, no-one's got anything to say. Thanks, guys. I'll no' bother in future....

I couldn't agree with you more. Many people post on here only to be shot down by childish comments which wastes our time reading them only to find out they're complete drivel

I will be slated again for stating this but Jim McIntyre has told Pat Clarke he is free to find another club, we really should be putting in a bid for him. Yes I am aware we have plenty of strikers on our books but far from convinced about some of them

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/16194/pat-clarke-not-ready-to-call-time-on-dunfermline-career-just-yet.html

You should just get a room with him and be done with it..

I will be slated again for stating this but Jim McIntyre has told Pat Clarke he is free to find another club, we really should be putting in a bid for him. Yes I am aware we have plenty of strikers on our books but far from convinced about some of them

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/16194/pat-clarke-not-ready-to-call-time-on-dunfermline-career-just-yet.html

The very good reason you`re not convinced by them is that (apart from two) they`re youngsters of unknown and untested ability or they are simply crap. Irrespective of the continuing and never ending claims of abject penury, to start a season with our exisiting forwardline is a declaration that the club HOPE not to be involved in the relegation fight. That`s the sum of their ambition.

The very good reason you`re not convinced by them is that (apart from two) they`re youngsters of unknown and untested ability or they are simply crap. Irrespective of the continuing and never ending claims of abject penury, to start a season with our exisiting forwardline is a declaration that the club HOPE not to be involved in the relegation fight. That`s the sum of their ambition.

Is it two(2) now?

Last week it was three(3).

The way I read that about Clarke was he's happy to stay at Dunfermline and take his wages, which even if he's still on the Pars SFL rate will be considerably more than we'll be paying Stewart or Doolan. Can't blame the guy but even if we miraculously found the dosh to match his wage and signed him we wouldn't imo be getting value for money.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarke back at Dundee or joining Hamilton before the month's out but I still wouldn't feel we missed out.

SIGN HIM!!! C'mon Jags fans, don't you see? We need foreign players, if they are good or not is not the main issue here, we just need foreign players. Scottish football is absolutely rubbish, and I can tell this guy will be amazing without even knowing anything about him.

Be honest, who would you rather - Martin Grehan or Viterslav Mooc?

(He better be a stereotypical Slovenian though! 6ft 4" with a name like Vlad, and not 5ft"7 a name like John!)

Spot on. :thumbsup2:

The example that always makes me laugh, and correct me if I don't get the detail quite right, is when Dundee United signed the wrong player, an Argentinian was it? Was he even a footballer at all? Hadn't they seen him on video or something, then got his cousin?

This guy might be good but let's not be like the old firm and abuse any home grown players who are less than fantastic and assume that because other players are from abroad that they must be good. Look what they did to Charlie Adam. Who's sorry now? haw haw.

Is it two(2) now?

Last week it was three(3).

No, like the happy optimist I am, I was giving Erskine the benifit of the doubt but as you obviously take a keen interest in my posts I`m sure you will recall that I did say exactly that. It seems given recent reports that my misgivings about the player were well founded.

I presume you`re one of those who simply count numbers and think we are actualy well covered up front

The way I read that about Clarke was he's happy to stay at Dunfermline and take his wages, which even if he's still on the Pars SFL rate will be considerably more than we'll be paying Stewart or Doolan. Can't blame the guy but even if we miraculously found the dosh to match his wage and signed him we wouldn't imo be getting value for money.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarke back at Dundee or joining Hamilton before the month's out but I still wouldn't feel we missed out.

Sorry, normally agree with much of you`re posts but we have a team without a recognised striker. Taylor prefers to come in from wide positions and Doolan has always seemed happier (IMO) in supporting the striker. Erskine does`nt know what position he plays. Given the alternatives that`s the sum total of our forwardline so how could`nt you feel you`ve missed out if Clarke goes to an opposing SFL team.

Argue if you will about the positions of the two first mentioned but to start a league season with what we have up front is somewhere between flying the white flag and irrational optimism

We do have the cover in numbers, as I discussed with you last week. But I would still prefer 1 striker in to replace Grehan, no disrespect to the boy, but he's just not 1st division standard.

Sorry to go on but if the cover`s not good enough, it`s not cover. Out of all the front players we have in the squad just how many would you be happy to start with against Dundee on Saturday....that`s the acid test. At the moment I`d say TWO.

Sorry to go on but if the cover`s not good enough, it`s not cover. Out of all the front players we have in the squad just how many would you be happy to start with against Dundee on Saturday....that`s the acid test. At the moment I`d say TWO.

Yup, 2.... But I would be playing a 4-4-2 with Erskine wide left and Flanagan on the right of midfield.

Sorry, normally agree with much of you`re posts but we have a team without a recognised striker. Taylor prefers to come in from wide positions and Doolan has always seemed happier (IMO) in supporting the striker. Erskine does`nt know what position he plays. Given the alternatives that`s the sum total of our forwardline so how could`nt you feel you`ve missed out if Clarke goes to an opposing SFL team.

Argue if you will about the positions of the two first mentioned but to start a league season with what we have up front is somewhere between flying the white flag and irrational optimism

How can you say Doolan is not recognised striker? He needs the ball in the box, if we do that I think he will be top scorer in this league.

HJ, even if I agreed with you re a recognised striker priority I am saying that I don't think Pat Clarke would offer value for money. That's based on the assumption he wouldn't take a wage cut on what I surmise he'll be on if he sees out his contract at E End Pk.

In other words I don't particularly rate Clarke. A few seasons ago Danny Lennon told me we should sign him from Clyde as he had a great partnership with Buchanan at Cowdenbeath. Clarke was one player McCall said he wanted to sign to take the Jags into a promotion race. But that was then. Clarke hasn't done that much since and even the partnership with Buchanan is no longer valued, well by McIntyre at least.

HJ, even if I agreed with you re a recognised striker priority I am saying that I don't think Pat Clarke would offer value for money. That's based on the assumption he wouldn't take a wage cut on what I surmise he'll be on if he sees out his contract at E End Pk.

In other words I don't particularly rate Clarke. A few seasons ago Danny Lennon told me we should sign him from Clyde as he had a great partnership with Buchanan at Cowdenbeath. Clarke was one player McCall said he wanted to sign to take the Jags into a promotion race. But that was then. Clarke hasn't done that much since and even the partnership with Buchanan is no longer valued, well by McIntyre at least.

If he is moved on he would have to take a wage cut otherwise no team in the first divison would be able to match what he would have been on at Dunfermline I presume.

Like a lot of players he wasnt given much of a chance at Dundee and reading at the Dunfermline fans view points he was their second top goalscorer last season and some even rate him higher than Kirk (though personally I wouldnt go as far as that)

How can you say Doolan is not recognised striker? He needs the ball in the box, if we do that I think he will be top scorer in this league.

I did say this was open to argument. In my opinion Doolan is not a natural striker and prefers to play up front in support of someone else.

I also think it is an incredible leap of faith to think that Doolan will even score the number of goals he did last year.

You`re possibly right about Clark, I have`nt seen enough of him to argue authoratively but now that McMenamin`s away to a big club with ambition then I can`t come up with another available striker within our admittedly meagre resources.

We`ll have to find money or there`s a good chance we`ll get relegated and then we`ll know what having no money realy means.

Really? What exactly is the difference...genuine question. Away fans numbers at Firhill are dwindling in the 1st Division, home fans hovering near to or worse than the last time we were in the second division (apart from the end of the season when we were about to win the league).

It's not like the diference between the SPL and the 1st Division after all...

Really? What exactly is the difference...genuine question. Away fans numbers at Firhill are dwindling in the 1st Division, home fans hovering near to or worse than the last time we were in the second division (apart from the end of the season when we were about to win the league).

It's not like the diference between the SPL and the 1st Division after all...

You`re probably quite right in many respects but I don`t think we`ve reached the bottom of things just yet. If nothing else media coverage and consequently sponsorship money will be of entirely different magnitudes in the lower division.