Catering At Firhill

clarencegarter

Left my seat 2 mins before the halftime whistle and stood in the vomitry till the whistle. I joined the queue for a nice pie and coke and was about 10 ppl in front of me. Got to the front to be told there were no scotch pies left and asked if she was joking which didnt go down well. So payed a bit extra for a steak pie that was burnt to a crisp. Also when I left with my burnt pie and "coke" realised she had given me fanta. F*****g joke!

It now seems a bit trivial now since we lost to a ridiculous penalty decision but what football stadium has no scotch pies at half time!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left my seat 2 mins before the halftime whistle and stood in the vomitry till the whistle. I joined the queue for a nice pie and coke and was about 10 ppl in front of me. Got to the front to be told there were no scotch pies left and asked if she was joking which didnt go down well. So payed a bit extra for a steak pie that was burnt to a crisp. Also when I left with my burnt pie and "coke" realised she had given me fanta. F*****g joke!

It now seems a bit trivial now since we lost to a ridiculous penalty decision but what football stadium has no scotch pies at half time!!

Is it the Sporting Solutions people who are dealing with matchday hospitality that are now doing the catering? If so I would contact the club and they can put you in touch with them so you can give them feedback and they can improve their service.

I find it strange that we are sponsored by a water firm, but there is no water on sale at the stadium. :unsure:

Unless they release their water in a carton (or similar), it would presumably involve the people selling food & drink to open a bottle & pour it into 1 of those coke cups, which will no doubt add to the waiting time.

Unless they release their water in a carton (or similar), it would presumably involve the people selling food & drink to open a bottle & pour it into 1 of those coke cups, which will no doubt add to the waiting time.

Same length of time that it takes to fill a cup with coke or fanta.

Same length of time that it takes to fill a cup with coke or fanta.

Surely water can be dispensed through a 'gun' into a cup efficently as suggested. Still dont understand why plastic bottles cant be issued. As a regular visitor to Old Trafford it is noticeable that they sell soft drinks and beer in plastic bottles. However what irritates and I dont understand is that they confiscate the lids on purchase resulting in spillages when the bottle is situated at your feet :angry:

The catering is a shamles. About 10 mins before half time 'a pie, a hot dog and 2 cokes' The reply.........'nane, only steak ur curry wans'

The only loosers here will bethe club as people decide not to bother buying anything. Sort it out, how hard can it be?

The losers will be the caterers as it is outsourced as far as I know.

Joined the queue at half time, waited in line til after the whistle blew for the second only to be told there was no pies left. My queue was was about 20 people long, but the next kiosk had a queue twice as long at that time. Slower than our defense! Total waste of time.

Can only reiterate what others have suggested and that those who are unhappy at the service contact the club to voice their concerns.

Don’t actually go to the pie stall at half time but take a stroll up and down.

I’ve noticed that when someone’s order is taken they don’t sort of move along to let those following behind them get served. And those behind the one whose order has been taken don’t pass by to get served themself. The result is there are three or four servers waiting for one customer to move on for the next customer to appear in front of them. With just a little bit of organisation at least three customers could be served at one time.

Dead simple. Bad management.

the servers should be told to shout "next, move along please"

Edited by wee jim

Don’t actually go to the pie stall at half time but take a stroll up and down.

I’ve noticed that when someone’s order is taken they don’t sort of move along to let those following behind them get served. And those behind the one whose order has been taken don’t pass by to get served themself. The result is there are three or four servers waiting for one customer to move on for the next customer to appear in front of them. With just a little bit of organisation at least three customers could be served at one time.

Dead simple. Bad management.

the servers should be told to shout "next, move along please"

They seem to be operating a new system where one person operates the till whilst everyone else just serves. It should mean that things move faster but in reality it just means there's congestion at the end with people waiting to pay and explaining their orders again. Undoubtedly things would move faster if everyone moved along in unison (I get the same feeling at traffic lights - if we all moved off together at a green light it would be better than everyone waiting in turn to move off) but the bottom line is that they massively underestimated the products they would need and were far too slow to deal with the lines. Crap.

If it is new people in control of the catering then maybe it will take them a few games to get the stock levels right. They won't want to be getting left with lots of leftover stock and with the gate going from just over 1000 to 3000 maybe they've just not thought it through yesterday.

In saying that the till process does seem to be slowing things up rather than speeding them up. I went for a drink with the players just coming out for the second half and the queues were still nonsense so just gave it a miss.

My main gripe is the lack of pace that staff move at. I realise that kinda comes over a bit yours, angry, Tunbridge Wells but the service is very slow in comparison to many other grounds.

I go shortly before half time and won't join the queue if there's maybe into double figures in line waiting to get served. So my only experience is of very short queues, which are still an annoyingly long wait. It's hardly surprising if takes so long for me to get served with only a handful of folk in front that those that venture along at half time spend so long queuing.

Whoever is doing the catering must be losing out as I can only imagine a lot of folk will just give it a miss when they see the size of the queue.

Catering is a shambles now - If they dont want stock left over, why introduce two new pies - a cheesy bean one and a curry one? Surely having an acceptable reduced menu would be favorable. Most people want either a scotch pie or a steak pie and most kids want the hot dogs - its not rocket science.

I queued right on half time and was served after about 10 minutes - I don't have a problem with the waiting time. I can accept that if i go for something during the second half, my options might be limited, but at half time?

Crowd was decent yesterday - if they want more people to come along they'd better quickly work out how they are going to sort this out as it makes us look amateur. If they are left with stock - tough.

Who is best to contact about this?

Why do we need catering at an event that lasts for a mere two hours? In all the years I've attended football matches I've always wondered why people miss part of the game to buy food. Have lunch before you go, and that'll be one less thing to moan about.

Why do we need catering at an event that lasts for a mere two hours? In all the years I've attended football matches I've always wondered why people miss part of the game to buy food. Have lunch before you go, and that'll be one less thing to moan about.

possibly because they are traveling or feel that the "pie and boveril" is part of the experiance :thinking:

How about we just get rid of catering since it suits you. :thumbsup2:

Agree with the others. The choice is crap, hot food is simply limited to "Pies" now and the pies on offer are usually rock hard and burnt or the arse falls out the pastry when you lift it from the tray.

What is there to miss at half time?

Probably because standing in a queue is less tedious than having to watch the fare on the pitch.

I'm with you, Afghan. Some people just look for any excuse to cram some calorie-laden concoction down their gub. There seems to be an increasing number of fat bassas in our support (I thought we were supposed to be the alternative to the OF, FFS!) who would probably benefit from skipping the occasional pie.

Personally, aside from the matchday programme, I save my money for some nice, healthy post-match beer. :thumbsup2:

Plain and simple mate, when the human body has been subjected to stress for 45-mins then pastry and offal washed down by a beef-related beverage is needed to lift the spirits. It is an age old cure that goes back to the Roman days. Folk talk about how great Italian cuisine is but really they're to blame.

But as a protest, we could all bring lunch-boxes and have a picnic at half-time; thus reinforcing the notion that we are in touch with what the working man's game is all about. That way we miss none of the action an d even get to wonder at who might win the 50 - 50 draw and mystery prize that should be a free ticket to come back next week. The prize of a football as 'mystery' prize sends out the wrong message.

P.S. Do the rugger types moan about the catering or do they get decent pies etc?

Plain and simple mate, when the human body has been subjected to stress for 45-mins then pastry and offal washed down by a beef-related beverage is needed to lift the spirits. It is an age old cure that goes back to the Roman days. Folk talk about how great Italian cuisine is but really they're to blame.

But as a protest, we could all bring lunch-boxes and have a picnic at half-time; thus reinforcing the notion that we are in touch with what the working man's game is all about. That way we miss none of the action an d even get to wonder at who might win the 50 - 50 draw and mystery prize that should be a free ticket to come back next week. The prize of a football as 'mystery' prize sends out the wrong message.

P.S. Do the rugger types moan about the catering or do they get decent pies etc?

Barbie On The Bing ?