Next Hall Of Fame Inductee's

Lindau

According to todays Record a certain Mr James Charnley will be one of the new "entrants" to the HOF!

Excuse me for being a stuck record but if Jackie Campbell doesn't get in then I'm going to start getting a bit p*ssed off, and I won't take the Hall Of Fame seriously until he is.

There. Rant over again, for now. I've said my piece! :blink:

Excuse me for being a stuck record but if Jackie Campbell doesn't get in then I'm going to start getting a bit p*ssed off, and I won't take the Hall Of Fame seriously until he is.

There. Rant over again, for now. I've said my piece! :blink:

Jackie Campbell is in the Hall of Fame - he went in a couple of years ago with the rest of the 71 team

Jackie Campbell is in the Hall of Fame - he went in a couple of years ago with the rest of the 71 team

I would think that some truly outstanding servants deserve to go in on their own merits, not only as part of a team. For that reason Alan Rough and Jackie Campbell certainly deserve their own place in the HoF.

I would think that some truly outstanding servants deserve to go in on their own merits, not only as part of a team. For that reason Alan Rough and Jackie Campbell certainly deserve their own place in the HoF.

Agree but perhaps there is a case in delaying their induction seeing they've a wee share already. :unsure:

With that in mind I'd prefer to see Donnie McK and George Niven go in ahead of Jackie & Alan.

I assume all this Hall of Fame guff is aimed at the more mature supporter. Been watching Thistle for the last 21 years and can barely think of a standout player who you'd put in a Hall of Fame. Sure we have the odd good player every year or so but it's all a bit cringeworthy if you ask me. Stuggle to see how we can have a Hall of Fame when most players never hang around much more than 2 or 3 seasons and we win bugger all.

Edited by The Legend Blows

I assume all this Hall of Fame guff is aimed at the more mature supporter. Been watching Thistle for the last 21 years and can barely think of a standout player who you'd put in a Hall of Fame. Sure we have the odd good player every year or so but it's all a bit cringeworthy if you ask me. Stuggle to see how we can have a Hall of Fame when most players never hang around much more than 2 or 3 seasons and we win bugger all.

That's very valid. We should mind that many of the present or potential inductees may not have hung around at Firhill had there been freedom of contract. Others may of course had stayed with us if the Club hadn't punted them for transfer money when they had no intentions of leaving.

Looking at it from another way I could make a case for Rowson once he's chucked it to be included in the H o F. He's played to a consistently high standard for us, always gets tore in, an excellent example to younger players and in today's climate has been loyal to the Club. He's everything I would want in character to be inducted but I fear he'll be well down the pecking order as he's played at a time when we've been at best mediocre. I doubt many folk will look back on the era when he first joined us to when he hangs up his boots with nostalgic fondness.

Agree but perhaps there is a case in delaying their induction seeing they've a wee share already. :unsure:

With that in mind I'd prefer to see Donnie McK and George Niven go in ahead of Jackie & Alan.

I'd go along with that. But actually, isn't Donnie McK also there as a member of the League Cup winning squad? (He might have played in some earlier rounds?)

That's very valid. We should mind that many of the present or potential inductees may not have hung around at Firhill had there been freedom of contract. Others may of course had stayed with us if the Club hadn't punted them for transfer money when they had no intentions of leaving.

Looking at it from another way I could make a case for Rowson once he's chucked it to be included in the H o F. He's played to a consistently high standard for us, always gets tore in, an excellent example to younger players and in today's climate has been loyal to the Club. He's everything I would want in character to be inducted but I fear he'll be well down the pecking order as he's played at a time when we've been at best mediocre. I doubt many folk will look back on the era when he first joined us to when he hangs up his boots with nostalgic fondness.

Rowser will definitely make it there one day. How about Archie, is he already an inductee?

thanks for the list, but when did Frank McGarvey play for us???? :rolleyes:

also, Chic's not inducted yet

McGarvey played 1 game, scoring 1 goal in a 3-1 win over Queeen's Park at Firhill - 4th December 1991, Reserve League West.

matter of time with Chic....

McGarvey played 1 game, scoring 1 goal in a 3-1 win over Queeen's Park at Firhill - 4th December 1991, Reserve League West.

matter of time with Chic....

really? I don't remember that at all with McGarvey, but I take your word for it.

Chic, yes I know!!!