Just In

Camallain

A disgrace to football.

Jackie mate sorry, but that was ******* mince, that mob were pants and played us off the park in the second half. Get it sorted or get to ****, I love Thistle, but I absolutely grudge paying 17 quid for the heap of shite.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all - he wasn't within sniffing distance of that ball and probably shouldn't have come out at all. Terrible judgement that's 100% down to the keeper

He's the new Dougie McNab. Each ****-up will eat away at his confidence and he'll end up a wreck between the sticks.

Actually think you're wrong. After he made the mistake he came out several times to claim high balls and dealt with a few things that showed he hadn't let the blunder destroy his confidence. What we saw maybe showed some folk have over-estimated how good he is but he's still a decent keeper.

Our defence is a problem though and has been since the start of the season. Paton is fine - Sinclair is OK but shows he has a lot to learn but Archie looks like it's maybe one season too far for him and Balatoni looks like he's gone backwards and is like the young raw guy that first arrived last season. I almost wonder if we should go back to a 3-5-2. I really wish we could have held on to John Robertson.

Edited by Mr Bunny

A disgrace to football.

Get it sorted or get to ****, I love Thistle, but I absolutely grudge paying 17 quid for the heap of shite.

\OTT - We all all know that type of performance is not good enough, but let's try and not hit the panic button yet. Your 'get to' comment is both a little offensive and a bit premature!

May be a poor start but we are a point better off than we were after 7 games last season.

To echo most of the previous posts, that was bloody brutal to watch.

We didn't seem to operate in any sort of shape and, as such, were susceptible whenever Queens went forward, in my opinion. Queen's centre halves, Campbell and Higgins, are good in the air but pretty slow on the ground so the logical tactics would have been to get the ball in behind them for the pacier Elliot and Doolan to run onto; however, we decided to punt aimless high balls forward which the defence won with relative ease.

As with last week, it's a blatant error from Fox. Only he knows why he felt the need to come that far off his line to claim a largely unthreatening cross. I didn't think he was as shaky as he was last week; his kicking, for example, was much improved. His cross taking was questionable after he lost the goal and, on one occasion, he punched the ball when it was right on top of him with no Queens players around. However, we all know what a good keeper he can be and, as I said last week, if he was capable of keeping up that sort of consistency, he wouldn't be playing at this level.

I missed the first couple of games of the season so have yet to see the fuss about Sinclair. Yes, it's apparent that he has potential but, from the games I've seen, he still has a long way to go; talk of him being off at the end of the season to bigger things is extremely premature. He doesn't look 100% fit yet which is understandable coming from part-time football so hopefully once he finds his feet, he'll come onto the game that a lot of people seem to think he is capable of. Going forward, he's decent; doesn't get to the byline enough for me and doesn't overlap often enough but that will hopefully come with more fitness. Defensively, again he's decent and his pace will compensate for any minor mistakes he makes. I read a couple of comments in the last few weeks from people saying they prefer Sinclair to Twaddle or Boyle. Fair enough, everybody is entitled to their opinion but, for me, he's still a good bit behind the two of them.

It seems that big Robertson is becoming somewhat of a scapegoat for some people which I think is pretty unfair. He's not a world beater but I think he's competent enough. I agree that he probably doesn't offer enough to play in the middle of the park but I wouldn't mind seeing him play at centre-half on a more regular basis. He has to become a wee bit more aggressive though because he's got the physique to be a big, dominating player. He's only 23 and he's got plenty of time to develop. I don't mind the big guy at all.

Cairney is playing well but I tend to think he is wasted on the left. Would rather see him in the middle, getting forward and into goal scoring positions. Flannigan had another decent game today and Rowson was his usual consistent self. Doolan took his goal well, not that he had a lot to do, but he seemed to drift wide a lot.

I would have had Elliot off after an hour because he looked burst, and rightly so after not training all week, but he stuck at it and got his reward. He is very direct; once he has the ball, he's going for goal, screw everybody else. That could be a benefit but on a few occasions today, he had options to pass to players in better positions and lost the ball. He's raw but he appears to have the knack of scoring goals so I won't be complaining. Looking forward to seeing him once he has got up to a better level of fitness.

Not a great performance but three points is three points. Queens looked ropey, lacking in any sort of creativity and could be in trouble this season.

As an aside, one thing that pisses me off about us, and Scottish football in general, is the substitute's routine at half-time. I've been watching football for a long time and have yet to see a situation in a game where four players and the goalkeeper stand in a circle and play keepy-ups. For example, Hamilton had two coaches out at the break last week, one doing drills with the goalkeeper and the other orchestrating a pass-and-move drill with the outfield subs. I just think it would be far more beneficial to have some sort of structure to the warm-up rather than either playing the aforementioned keepy-ups or blootering balls in a straight line to one another.

Also, get that useless, attention seeking, keepy-up dobber to feck.

Ditto the above. Rotten game, heart attack moments then a jammy win?! Outrageous. There's not much credit going Paton's way. Maybe I'm mental but I thought Paton was the MOTM simply because he wasn't having a bombscare like nearly every player on the park (including the QOS ones as well).

Certainly the worst game of the season, both sides were rubbish.

First goal, Elliot chased a long ball over the top - his pace forced the keeper to come out of his box and his clearence hit Elliot and fell to Doolan who rolled it into an empty net.

Nothing of note for rest of the half

2nd halh, elliot had a one on one with their keeper but a good save, then Doolan had a header clered off the line - should have been game over.

Fox needlesly came for a cross ball at the edge of the box but was beaten to it and headed into an open goal.

Erskine came on, beat two men, got into the box and was brought down but no penalty. Queens had a great shot come back off the post before we broke, Stewart played Rowson through who squared it to elliot to slot home.

all Queens for last 5 mins.

Best players - Cairney, Paton, Rowson, though the defence was really dodgy but good to get three points

I wasn't at the game, but your report tells me everything I think I need to know about it. Cheers!

It was a game when events evened themselves out over the course of the game rather than the whole season. Two goals from goalkeeper errors, two stonewall penalties denied, two sitters missed. Dreadful game but hey ho we won. I've never felt so downbeat after a win though - it was terrible to watch for the 90.

I got the impression yesterday that Sinclair had been told to stay in defence and let the midfield do the running. He just didn't overlap or start a move from his own initiative. Central defence was shocking and this might be why he was told to stay put.

Anyway, it's three points and other results keep the league tighter than it could have been. Onwards and upwards - just hope we dont have to witness anything like that too often this season. I'm willing to blame Gus Macpherson.

Worst performance of the season so far and an absolute shambles at times. The midfield were winning nothing, the defence were shitting themselves and the front line were getting high balls pumped at them that their centre-halves were sweeping up with ease.

Utterly turgid stuff BUT three points in the bag. It kinda makes up for our hard luck stories so far this season but a few more performances like that and the crowds will dwindle even more and I may ven struggle to find the motivation to part with £17 myself. The defence has gone from looking solid as a rock in the first few games to Keystone Cops like. Jackie really needs to find a shape that works quick.

And while I'm at it, what's happened to Bannigan? What's happened to any of our youngsters in fact, even Campbell never made the bench yesterday!

And while I'm at it, what's happened to Bannigan? What's happened to any of our youngsters in fact, even Campbell never made the bench yesterday!

Agreed, I understand wanting to get the new guy O'Donnell involved, but having a RB & LB (Lindsay) on the bench was a total waste, imo.

Lindsay hasn't done anything wrong to merit not being on the bench, but we can't have 2 full-backs on the bench, especially when we have other players who can cover a number of positions & who have shown they have what it takes to play in the 1st team (Campbell, Bannigan).

A disgrace to football.

Jackie mate sorry, but that was ******* mince, that mob were pants and played us off the park in the second half. Get it sorted or get to ****, I love Thistle, but I absolutely grudge paying 17 quid for the heap of shite.

i think the point is ALL the teams are mince, we have the team we have (average) but have some players who on there day can do something special and thats the problem, we want them to do it every weekend when they maybe are not good enough.

as for jackie, he picks a team on what he see in training, once they go on the pitch (apart from subs) it is what archie and the team do that counts.

thought that taking conrad off for a striker was brave and made the difference for the goal as robertson was doing nothing in midfield

Worst performance of the season so far and an absolute shambles at times. The midfield were winning nothing, the defence were shitting themselves and the front line were getting high balls pumped at them that their centre-halves were sweeping up with ease.

Utterly turgid stuff BUT three points in the bag. It kinda makes up for our hard luck stories so far this season but a few more performances like that and the crowds will dwindle even more and I may ven struggle to find the motivation to part with £17 myself. The defence has gone from looking solid as a rock in the first few games to Keystone Cops like. Jackie really needs to find a shape that works quick.

He's rubbish. McNamara would play them if they were any good.

I can understand people expressing their concerns over certain aspects of the performance, but we have the usual suspects moaning just for the sake of it. Some even questioning the manager. İt's absolutely pathetic.

There was plenty of whinging on here when Dundee won 3 points they arguably didn't deserve a few weeks back, so why not just enjoy it now that the tables have turned.

There's nae pleasing some folk.

3 home games in the league and 2 decent performances resulting in 1 point and 1 poor performance (which the manager did not hide from in his post match comments) resulting in 3 points!

We have more points after 4 games this season than we did after 7 games last season if memory serves me correctly so lets stop talking ourselves down, get right behind Jackie & the team and who knows what might happen as there does not appear to be much between all the teams this season.

I can understand people expressing their concerns over certain aspects of the performance, but we have the usual suspects moaning just for the sake of it. Some even questioning the manager. İt's absolutely pathetic.

There was plenty of whinging on here when Dundee won 3 points they arguably didn't deserve a few weeks back, so why not just enjoy it now that the tables have turned.

There's nae pleasing some folk.

Right, I'm happy to accept in football you often don't get what you deserve and swings and roundabouts etc, but we didn't play well against Dundee. it was two poor teams cancelling each other out and we got done by a dodgy penalty decision, yesterday we played poor, but luck was on our side and we got the win. Over the course of every game I've been at we've been at best above average (Hamilton) to below average and rank rotten. Its not like aside from yesterday theres overwhelming evidence we are a good team.

3 home games in the league and 2 decent performances resulting in 1 point and 1 poor performance (which the manager did not hide from in his post match comments) resulting in 3 points!

We have more points after 4 games this season than we did after 7 games last season if memory serves me correctly so lets stop talking ourselves down, get right behind Jackie & the team and who knows what might happen as there does not appear to be much between all the teams this season.

Perfect summary. We certainly had an off day yesterday, and as you say we've seen nothing so far to suggest that there is a team capable of running away with this league this season. If we can get a settled defence and sort the midfield shape out we'll have as good a chance as anyone.

Right, I'm happy to accept in football you often don't get what you deserve and swings and roundabouts etc, but we didn't play well against Dundee. it was two poor teams cancelling each other out and we got done by a dodgy penalty decision, yesterday we played poor, but luck was on our side and we got the win. Over the course of every game I've been at we've been at best above average (Hamilton) to below average and rank rotten. Its not like aside from yesterday theres overwhelming evidence we are a good team.

Apart from the bit about playing poorly yesterday I cannot agree with anything else you have said but everyone is entitled to their opinion.