Torres...worst Miss Of All Time?

Lindau

probably not, but he is gonna get dogs abuse for it, and its probably in the top 10 misses of all time. Obviously no link yet but its unbelievable!! Sad thing for him is that he has probably had his best game ever in a Chelsea shirt

Yip.scored a good goal as well.now all the talk will b about the miss.

£50 million?dear oh dear!

wouldnt say it was the worst miss of all time, but you could give a striker the benefit of the doubt if for example he was a regular goal scorer for the club, however i think hes scored only 2 or 3 goals for his club & costing £50 mill then theres no excuse for him not to bury that especially with the fact hes had chance after chance.

even berbatovs miss rooney played the ball too far n fast.

sturridge's miss in the first half he should have burried too however fine save from de gea

Watching Torres there, it's clear he didn't actually know where the goal was and assumed it was in front of him. When you see it in slow mo from the side you can see that he is only looking at the ball, and only looks up to see where the goal is AFTER he hit it. Good strikers can hit the ball well without having to look at where the goal it as it becomes instinct, Torres has been shit for so long he's lost that and not even realised.

Everything`s secong to Iwelumo`s. There are no other contenders

Agreed, what a clown.

Nonsense. A ball coming across your body is 'harder' to take than a ball rolling in front of you (especially after your own touch).

NB - I know both chances are easy but I'm just explaining why one is slightly harder than the other.

I agree, Iwulemo's attempt takes some beating but close contenders include Roy Aitken (Scotland vs Uraguay, can't remember which World Cup) or Billy Bremner (Scotland vs Brazil, 1974 World Cup).

I think it was Stevie Nichol that had the miss against Uruguay.

Bremner's miss was imo the type you'll see often enough at our level. Bremner scoring would undoubtedly have been crucial but it wasn't the type of miss that held him to ridicule for the rest of his career.

The Torres miss was worse than Iwelumo's. Straightforward. Direction of the ball, pace of the ball, the lot. The fact Torres had the previous touch instead of receiving a pass makes it a non-argument, as much as I feel sorry for any player who has a nightmare like that, Torres' miss was worse.