H U N S Withdraw All Co-Operation With Bbc

kni

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait a minute wouldn't they have to start off at division 3 again i didn't think you could just reinstate yourself under a new guise right back in the same league correct me if i'm incorrect but thats what i've always assumed :unsure:

Ah but the SPL require 11 votes out of 12 (or I suppose it would be 10 out of 11 in this case) to do anything as drastic. I can't see them risking their precious TV deals.

Coming to think of it they probably wouldn't deduct too many points either. What would be the point of the daft split if rangers ended up in the bottom half? I could envisage a reconstituted Rangers disUnited being "invited" into the SPL. For the greater good of Scottish football, you understand.

Ah but the SPL require 11 votes out of 12 (or I suppose it would be 10 out of 11 in this case) to do anything as drastic. I can't see them risking their precious TV deals.

Coming to think of it they probably wouldn't deduct too many points either. What would be the point of the daft split if rangers ended up in the bottom half? I could envisage a reconstituted Rangers disUnited being "invited" into the SPL. For the greater good of Scottish football, you understand.

Cue everyone trying to finish in the bottom six along with them...

Even with a 15 point penalty every season they would finish easily in the top half. In fact, the entire SPL is so pish this season that a pish Rangers team would win the league with a 15 point deduction.

The bumping a team down to the SFL3 was handed out to Gretna and Livi, teams who were in the SFL at the time of the decision. Rangers face the money-grabbing SPL who will do whatever they can to keep them should it happen, which it won't.

Even with a 15 point penalty every season they would finish easily in the top half. In fact, the entire SPL is so pish this season that a pish Rangers team would win the league with a 15 point deduction.

The bumping a team down to the SFL3 was handed out to Gretna and Livi, teams who were in the SFL at the time of the decision. Rangers face the money-grabbing SPL who will do whatever they can to keep them should it happen, which it won't.

despite being financially screwed gretna were technically in the spl at the time of the relegation but your right the spl wouldn't bump them(rangers) down withought a major reason(major of course being currently unknown) :thinking:

Edited by thistle4tw

Would it be possible, should Rangers go to the wall, for them to "do an Airdrie" and buy another, even more ailing team's place in the league? Let's face it, there is plenty to chose from.

Of course, and without giving away the most obvious candidate for co-ugly sisterdom, the new entity would be justifiably and officially known as Hundee FC.

That scenario offers up no end of antics the joint enterprise could indulge in without breaking from either's tradition. I might even find it within myself to loathe this Frankenstein-type creation even more than I do the sum of its parts. :puke:

I just don't see anything coming from all this, or with the situation with Hearts.

It's the SPL we're talking about here. Should the "worst" happen, they will all just get in behind closed doors and revamp the rules and pretend nothing happened.

There's little arguing with that, Lenny. With Rangers, the SPL piggies aren't going to bite the teat. Can you imagine the sh*tstorm if the television companies don't get their four helpings of witty banter and Christian brotherhood? Not going to happen.

I suspect this'll be the same as the Falkirk situation earlier in the summer, only with added spice.

I'll be interested to see what happens when Rangers go into administration - will there be a domino effect?

There - fixed that for you.

I'm already looking forward to the excuses trotted out by the media for not reporting this to the best of their ability. The role of the sports press will be under the microscope in the not too distant future. They know the scoop - they're just not sharing it <_<