Culter

Firhillista

Check out Culter's ground on Google maps. It's a pitch with, as far as I can see, no provision for a crowd of any reasonable size. Surely we shouldn't be expected to play there? I can't imagine the local polis are going to be too pleased.

Why not, would it not add to the "glamour" of the Scottish cup? A good few go on and on about lack of atmosphere at modern football, sure this would be as basic at it gets and could lead to a cracking atmosphere at the match.

What annoys me about the whole situation is that the SFA won't make a ruling on who we are playing until the week before the match. This gives supporters very little time to make travel arrangements. I'm sure the club will prepare the best they can but surely the SFA could make a decision a great deal quicker.

Why not, would it not add to the "glamour" of the Scottish cup? A good few go on and on about lack of atmosphere at modern football, sure this would be as basic at it gets and could lead to a cracking atmosphere at the match.

Totally agree - we're too mollycoddled as a whole these days - this is what makes the scottish cup great and adds a wee bit of romance as well

I've always tried to get out and see a couple of games in the earlier rounds over the years and this year was no different - went to garscube for the glasgow uni first round tie (pumped by cove) and went to see auchinleck destroy threave rovers in the 2nd round and i survived both experiences again funnily enough!

culter or spartans - lovely jubbly! :thumbsup2:

Edited by gianlucatoni

What annoys me about the whole situation is that the SFA won't make a ruling on who we are playing until the week before the match. This gives supporters very little time to make travel arrangements. I'm sure the club will prepare the best they can but surely the SFA could make a decision a great deal quicker.

Agreed. I'm sure their capacity of '2000' will be more than sufficient.

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/region/north/northpremier.htm

Edited by One t in Scotland

I only discovered last night it's pronounced 'Cooter'.

It's certainly a 'coot' o' a place to get to - 45mins to an hour on a bus from Aiberdeen city centre according to nonleaguescotland.co.uk

Train from Q St. to Waverley then a bus down Ferry Rd. is much more convenient, so I hope it's Spartans.

Thought there might be a direct bus from Stonehaven but doesn't appear to be.

I see Aberdeen are at home to Motherwell that day. Don't know how many 'Well fans travel these days.

Peterculter(As thats the actual name of the town) is a very nice and quite affluent place.It isnt that difficult to get to from Aberdeen City Centre. A very regular bus service no. 19 runs to Culter. The ground is a bit tight, but they are juniors. It will be a fine day out for the Jags.

Spoke to ex president of the SFL last night and he says Spartans are a certainty to be kicked out.

harsh punishment as the player in question has been with spartans for 10 years - his contract renewal has been dated once instead of the required twice (according to the herald sports section today) and if this is the case then surely the a*seholes at hampden should be ensuring all paperwork is correct when they get it in instead of firing off ridiculous exulsions from the cup for a missing date several months later ffs

maybe spartans should hire FC Sions lawyer (the guy that fought for the bosman ruling) as UEFA have opened up negotiations with their lawyer to get them back into the europa league ahead of a hearing at the court of arbitration for sport

like sion, spartans won the tie and should be allowed to progress - maybe Regan at the SFA needs to speed up his reforms as rules like these make them look like football isnt the winner

Wouldn't mind a wee jaunt up to Culter. The name "Crombie" in Crombie Park rings a bell. I think I used to play against their local primary school on Saturday mornings way back in P4-5 on the small pitches beside the main one. I seem to recall a rather miserable 6-1 drubbing.

With the clocks going back the sun will be setting a good bit earlier from now on. Given they don't have floodlights I'm guessing the game will either have a 1 or 2pm kick off or get played elsewhere.

Being a cup tie we get half the gate so we would be cheating ourselves

Skipping in is simply one of life's wee challenges. If I was able to go, I'd happily skip in and give the Jags the fiver (based on an assumption of a tenner to get in) in the form of half time draw tickets the next time I'm up.

This fetish for skipping in started at an early age and to date, I can count the following grounds as ones I've found a way into, by-passing the turnstiles: Stranraer, Arbroath, Cappielow (), Albion Rovers, Stenny and one or two more which I forget at the moment. This small list doesn't include grounds I've had a lift-over at; that runs into several more, including my very young days at Firhill ( :blush: ).

I should point out that I gave this hobby up many years ago - about six years ago, at least.

Skipping in is simply one of life's wee challenges. If I was able to go, I'd happily skip in and give the Jags the fiver (based on an assumption of a tenner to get in) in the form of half time draw tickets the next time I'm up.

This fetish for skipping in started at an early age and to date, I can count the following grounds as ones I've found a way into, by-passing the turnstiles: Stranraer, Arbroath, Cappielow (), Albion Rovers, Stenny and one or two more which I forget at the moment. This small list doesn't include grounds I've had a lift-over at; that runs into several more, including my very young days at Firhill ( :blush: ).

I should point out that I gave this hobby up many years ago - about six years ago, at least.

You must be getting to old to have fetishes!!! :lol:

kind of agree but we will have to effectivelly watch from the car park by the looks of it and with no seating a large section of our elderly support( which is quite a lot) most likely won't make the trip :help::no: