E-Mail From Ptfc

Butters

Received this from Ami today in an email shot. Seems like a great idea from the club.

With all the negativity surrounding Scottish Football at the moment, with Glasgow clubs in particular in the news, PTFC have a fantastic offer to get families back watching football in a friendly, fun environment.

For our game v Livingston on Saturday 3rd December we are offering the chance for adults bringing 2 or more kids to the game to get in for £10.

Yes £10 in total for an Adult with 2 kids.

All we would ask is that you register at www.ptfc.co.uk (so that we can inform you of all the great kid friendly activity we'll be having over the rest of the season) by filling in and printing one form per child or printing it out blank forms to fill in later, take it to Firhill and exchange for a £10 Adult ticket. The forms received will go into a half time draw with some amazing prizes up for grabs.

On the day there will be face painting, giant slides, PTFC Balloons, and our Stadium slingshot will be firing PTFC Merchandise into the crowd at half time.

So let's put the fun back into football and get kids to Firhill. If your a member of a local football team, BB Company, Scout Group, Primary: Secondary School, Girl Guides or any other group why not all get together and come along to Firhill on Saturday 3d December.

You'll have a great day out and might even win a fantastic prize.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for that!!!! I'll get my BB boys along I think...

Great, but probably need to get their faithers along as well.

The problem with having to register beforehand and then find two weans to bring is that this laudable offer is probably only going to be taken up by regular Jags fans, and a (very) few others who get told about it. It's of no interest to season-ticket holders either.

But it's definitely a good offer in the current climate, so a kind of reward for Jags fans who pay at the gate.

Excellent initiative, but (there's always a but) what's with the dig at the Old Firm in the opening paragraph?

C'mon, it's a piece of official communication from the club. There's no need for it. It leaves us open to similar sniping, particularly in light of the Culter video.

Rise above it, Partick Thistle.

Edited by Dark Passenger

Who sees a dig at the OF in particular? The only Glasgow club that is named anywhere near the negativity that gets mentioned is PTFC, whose failure to beat a junior team is widely seen as negative publicity.

And anyway, one should never rise above even the tiniest opportunity to snipe at the auld filth.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Good initiative and if we were mounting a decent promotion challenge we could possibly woo some neutral fans/ malcontent of armchair surfers.

I agree with what is said by Ami, it's hardly libellous, but we won't have a better chance to turn children away from the dark side, imo.

I think it's an excellent email and the club are quite right to use the negative publicity surrounding our disgusting neighbours to good effect.

My only gripe is I dont appear to be on their email database :lol:

Simply write your details in green crayon on an old Greggs paper bag and leave it on the floor of the JHS bogs. It worked for me.

I agree with what is said by Ami, it's hardly libellous, but we won't have a better chance to turn children away from the dark side, imo.

I didn't say it was libellous. It's an unneccesary dig at two other clubs (one of which has sent a player on loan to the club) at a time when others are of the opinion that our fans haven't covered themselves in glory.

Fair enough, package it up as a tonic to economic woes, an early Christmas present, recognition that the fans will have an extra game to shell out for due to the team's failure to beat a junior outfit, but lay off the sly comments.

I think it's an excellent email and the club are quite right to use the negative publicity surrounding our disgusting neighbours to good effect.

My only gripe is I dont appear to be on their email database :lol:

I think they got mine when I did the fan survey over the summer. Also been notified about morton and county hospitality and hall of fame and 71 night.

I think they got mine when I did the fan survey over the summer. Also been notified about morton and county hospitality and hall of fame and 71 night.

I did all the survey's and marketing stuff. I've also been in hospitality a couple of times this season. Either they aren't very good at capturing email adresses or they don't like me :lol: (there's an open goal for someone...)

So my season ticket devalued comsidering I bring my 2 boys to the game every week and they get in for nothing being under 16?

Nice offer but not fully thought through for peoplke like myself.

Fair point, loyal fans often don't benefit from initiatives to attract new support. Maybe get a mate to bring his kids? At least someone you know gets a turn?

Looks like a good initiative from the Club. :thumbsup2:

btw Dark Passenger is quite right in what he says tho' it's really a minor matter. It's not much more than a rule of thumb but you shouldn't sell on the back of a negative (think only the car trade and newspaper sales are exceptions). Anyway it's certainly not something the Club are usually at fault with and hardly worthy of re-hashing.

Anyone know if it is open to away fans on that date? Might get a few more away fans through the gate if it is and its extra cash to us hopefully.

Personally, I hope not.

When have Livi offered any incentive to Jags fans to attend games at Almondvale? We already give them enough through u16's for free as it is.

Personally, I hope not.

When have Livi offered any incentive to Jags fans to attend games at Almondvale? We already give them enough through u16's for free as it is.

I received confirmation from the club it is open to home and away fans. I can see your point Grant but I guess theres a chance the club could make slightly more much needed cash though perhaps not a large amount.

I received confirmation from the club it is open to home and away fans. I can see your point Grant but I guess theres a chance the club could make slightly more much needed cash though perhaps not a large amount.

I've never seen any confirmation but I believe you can't differentiate with pay at the gate offers.

In any case and I realise Livinghell are a poor example but if away fans heard of an offer that excluded them then I can imagine many could take the huff and stay away. So whether it's the rules or not it's just as well to offer this to away fans.

I've never seen any confirmation but I believe you can't differentiate with pay at the gate offers.

In any case and I realise Livinghell are a poor example but if away fans heard of an offer that excluded them then I can imagine many could take the huff and stay away. So whether it's the rules or not it's just as well to offer this to away fans.

I sent an email to the club mate and they sent a prompt response saying that it did cover away fans as well