Professionally Done

Dark Passenger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not very often you'll think your team will play that mince in a 4-0 victory. Culter couldn't be faulted for effort, but yes, the gulf was quite clear. I dread to think just how poor we actually were last Saturday.

Good to see McNamara set the team up to go out and immediately start an attack from the off; getting a goal from it was even better. But yes, it wasn't brilliant, was it?

Yes, but it's a good example of the lack of heart in this team: the gulf in standards was obvious, but wasn't reflected in goals. Scoring just one in the second half, in particular, against part-time opposition that was tiring while facing a gale, is sub-standard. Bare pass marks.

We won. We're through to the next round. Dry yer eyes.

We won. We're through to the next round. Dry yer eyes.

S'pose so.The team were on a hiding to nothing today,very difficult to perform in those conditions and the game was over by half time.

Have to say though ,our finishing is woeful at times, especially from the forwards and Paul Paton at Centre Half????

Very comfortable. Elliot really should have had a hat-trick within the first 5 or so minutes and Cairney was unlucky with that free-kick hitting the crossbar to deny his own.

Paton had quite a good game at right centre-back all things considered. Main negative would have been Tommy Stewart and David Rowson having poor games and we wouldn't have got away with Archie and Robertson being that slow against 1st Division opposition.

All in all though, never in any real danger and through to the next round. Satisfied.

4th goal went in we took the foot off the gas and quite rightly so.

Really? That was at 46 mins according to the text updates on the official site. Should we have all just buggered off home as soon as we had stop applauding? I do think the team does have the obligation to entertain, or try to, at least. Maybe they should have let Culter score three; then at least we'd have something to shout about.

Personally I think we should have hauled Doolan and Dargo on at half-time, to at least see what they could do up front. I don't think Dargo had enough time on the park, and barely any service when he was on.

Tommy Stewart was diabolical.

Hmm. Have to disagree.

Wait until you see the highlights, made great runs to take the markers away. There's more to playing as a striker than scoring goals, which he is severely lacking in. All of this is fact.

What cannot be considered as fact is that, in my opinion, he showed great dig. When he lost the ball, he fought to get it back.

• Members

Stewart diabolical??? Great leap to nod the ball onto Elliot for the first determined play to win the ball back in the lead up to the second and general good hold up play throughout till he was shunted out to the left to accommodate Dargo. A bit harsh on the guy I think.

Stewart diabolical??? Great leap to nod the ball onto Elliot for the first determined play to win the ball back in the lead up to the second and general ggod hold up play throughout till he was shunted out to the left to accommodate Dargo. A bit harsh on the guy I think.

Thats pretty much how i saw it too.

Easy enuff win could and should have been all over in the first 5 mins.

Win on Wed night an we go 4th

Edited by Jaggyman

Sorry but I thought we were poor. If we regularly finish like that, we'll get relegated. We could have scored well over 10 goals today with the clear cut chances created.

Cairney was the only player to really shine (and even he missed at least 2 easy chances) Thought Tommy Stewart did well as did Paton. The rest should have extra shooting practice in training all week. Erskine was in a league of his own of uselessness.

Could someone please explain to me how Robertson missed his header when their goalie was on the deck somewhere outside the 6 yard box.

In cup football it doesn't matter how you win...as long as you do.

On the day we could have won by 9 or 10 goals, I recall us missing 3 or 4 good chances in the opening 15mins.

Erskine couldn't seem to get a pass to one of his team-mates, but the horrid conditions did not help.

We are safely through to the next round and we scored one of the fastest goals in Scottish Cup history. Really couldn't have asked for more. Well done lads, now keep it up for Wednesday.

C'mon The Jags. :fan:

Can't argue with most of what has been written. Professionally done, in what were clearly very difficult conditions.

All of the goals were terrific, especially Erskine's. Cairney, as usual, was really good. I thought Stewart had a decent game too - a lot of running and nice wee flicks and passes around the box. I was willing him to get a goal but it wisnae to be!

I know it's all if's and but's, but, if we had played like that against a first division today we could well have been facing another defeat.

Having said that, if it was a case of McNamara instructing the players to take the foot off the pedal then I can understand it.

Personally, I wanted the players to hammer Culter to give the fans something back after last week.

I know it's all if's and but's, but, if we had played like that against a first division today we could well have been facing another defeat.

Having said that, if it was a case of McNamara instructing the players to take the foot off the pedal then I can understand it.

Personally, I wanted the players to hammer Culter to give the fans something back after last week.

All may well be revealed in the after match reaction on the official site. I'm not happy tonight. I thought we were sloppy all over the park.