Team V Ayr

Alan Murray

I'm more concerned with putting a bit of daylight between us and the bottom of the league.

Spot on! We must beat Livingston on Saturday and get a result against Morton. If not, the games at home to Rovers and Queens will be 6 pointers in a relegation battle.

Four unbeaten away from home. Sounds like the shooting boots were left on the team coach again. Ah well, clean sheet and a winnable game at home on Saturday. Hopefully we'll put in a winning performance before apathy overcomes me totally, meh.

F.T. 0-0 Two goals in the last five away games. Not very good is it ? :thumbdown:

The goals have dried up (about the only thing that is dry at the moment) but we have tightened up at the back away from home. Was worried about the game after playing in the terrible conditions on Saturday whilst Ayr had a free weekend plus Rowson being out so I suppose a point is okay - assuming of course we pick up the victories at home in December.

Spot on! We must beat Livingston on Saturday and get a result against Morton. If not, the games at home to Rovers and Queens will be 6 pointers in a relegation battle.

Bring it on. 4 v Culter equates to 0 v any league side. So it's PT 0 Livingston ???. But I'll be there. God knows why.

Edited by Albert's Ghost

Four unbeaten away from home.

This. It's an improvement, though we should be looking for full points against Ayr home or away. No disrespect to them but they are the newly promoted side. The away form is a massive improvement on our early season form, so at least we're more difficult to beat. Going by the live updates, it is our finishing once again that is the worry as you say.

I'd never take a nil-nil. If that's something we can be happy with from our away games, the club might as well stop playing football. Two nil nil draws from 2 away games against the two worst sides in the division. So glad I didn't bother tonight.

Definitely the 2 worst sides in the division, and having been at both games I can say that we were more than capable of winning both of them.

atrocious weather conditions made it impossible to play any football , however why do our forwards try and walk ball into the net, shooting practice a must in training for our forwards

From the managers comments, it's not the shooting that's the problem. He talks about players making wrong decisions - the wrong pass or passing when they should shoot, passing a bit more sharply and quickly. Worrying thing is that he's said this a few times. Is the fact it doesn't seem to be getting through down to the players or does he need to do more to get the messsage through?

Definitely the 2 worst sides in the division, and having been at both games I can say that we were more than capable of winning both of them.

I know what you mean, but the final results suggest in fact that we are not more than capable. It sounds as if we have Fox to thank for coming away with a miserable point last night.

We are, in a word, rank. Looking forward to Saturday, though!

I know what you mean, but the final results suggest in fact that we are not more than capable. It sounds as if we have Fox to thank for coming away with a miserable point last night.

God, real inspiring stuff ahead of Saturday, cant wait now for my 2 hour drive from the NE on Saturday ahead of the Livi game. Maybe I will take the boy Xmas shopping instead! Nah....I be will there. We really need the points now but the goals have dried up and confidence still seems low from what I have seen. Looks like another mid table season at best after high hopes in October!

Maybe time to shake the team up - seems to be too many 'shoe - ins' - whats the news with any potential signings in Jan window??

Cheers to all!

That's not true though, because we have already beaten both of them THIS SEASON!

We absolutely destroyed Ayr at home and comfortably beat queens when not playing well. So we very much ARE capable of beating them with the squad we've got.

That's not true though, because we have already beaten both of them THIS SEASON!

We absolutely destroyed Ayr at home and comfortably beat queens when not playing well. So we very much ARE capable of beating them with the squad we've got.

Point taken.

But the I wonder why didn't we beat them this time? Bad luck? "Strikers forgot their shooting boots."? etc etc. We seem to be having a hell of a lot of "could have/should have" won stories this season when we've come away with either nothing or at best one point. Other teams are getting more points, and on a regular basis, which is why we're nearer the bottom of the league than the top. So something is wrong, but what?

Is it just down to luck?