Just In

Lindau

Wha-hey this is my first "just in" topic. Deserved to win, Rowsers goal was a peach and good to see Dools get back on the scoresheet. Think we are gonna miss Hutton big time...thought he was majestic today. Although I cant see it, would be great if we could get him back in January. Not a great game but a great 3 points!! Now its off to the pub to celebrate!

Edited by Lindau

I too thought Hutton had a great game as did Paton and Balatoni. Huttons poor clearance led to their goal but that apart he had a great game to say bye bye. Rowsons goal had the WOW factor and was good to see Doolan get a goal. Thought we totally outplayed Morton for the most part and if truth be told im at a loss wondering how on earth they were top of the league a while back. Great 3 points and with 2 home games coming up a chance to maybe open up a lil gap on the teams below and close in on the teams above

I too thought Hutton had a great game as did Paton and Balatoni. Huttons poor clearance led to their goal but that apart he had a great game to say bye bye. Rowsons goal had the WOW factor and was good to see Doolan get a goal. Thought we totally outplayed Morton for the most part and if truth be told im at a loss wondering how on earth they were top of the league a while back. Great 3 points and with 2 home games coming up a chance to maybe open up a lil gap on the teams below and close in on the teams above

Didnt think hutton was that great. Paton had a great game and whilst there were some moans about Sinckair and O'Donnell not getting forward as much, I understood that the defending was more important. We cobtrolled the game for long periods and Morton didnt look dangerous. Huttons "clearance" just showed the inoortance of not pissing about at that end of the park - something we can be guilty of

Didnt think hutton was that great. Paton had a great game

Agree about PP, he is looking a completely different class in his new role, however your comment on Hutton beggers belief imo...but hey as we all know, people at the same game can see things differently. We have had so many duds on loan over the last few years, its been great to get a young guy from Rangers, who obviously doesnt have a Billy Bigtime attitude and has just knuckled down and done a great job on the pitch. Think we will only realise when he is gone, what a great job he has actually done for the club

Edited by Lindau

Agree Paton and Balotoni were top performers today.

I think Hutton will be difficult to replace but didnt think he had his best game today. Slack passing through out, highlighted by their goal, and I didnt think his work rate was up to usual standards. Overall has made an excellent contribution to thistle for the past few months - Thanks for your efforts Kyle!

I would just like to see us utilise the speed of the fullbacks more when attacking. We take too long to shift it across the park. But agreed in the 2nd half especially they concentrated on defending more....that said sinclair set up the goal with his ball across.

Great to get the away win and thought we deserved it, despite 1 or 2 performances being below par.

Best away performance of the season, though given it's only our second away win that may not say a lot. any other day the MoM award would go to a goalscorer particularly a strike that was as good as Rowers's - the net did it's job well! However over the 90 mins the stand out for me was Paul Paton, probably the best performance ever in a Jags jersey. Delighted for him as he was the brunt of a bit of stick earlier in the season and ha now found a position in the team that is working both for him but also for us as a team.

Good to see Dools find the way to goal again, hopefully the start of a run of goals for the strikers. Finally as already stated above all the best to Kyle, at fault for the goal but other than that had a very good game. As for the mistake if it been a dallying on the ball one I'd not have been too happy, however the fault came from him fighting to win the ball and muffing the clearance. He tries to play the game the right way and overall thought his positives far outweighed the odd mistake.

Good three points and with two very winnable homes games coming up this is our chance to get on a run for the first time this season.

Fantastic game today, taking into account the conditions. Never been so glad to be under cover at Crappielow. 10 minutes to go and considering our history there, I (and quite a few others) would have taken the draw. Every player gets pass marks and more today, but special mentions for Paton, Dargo and Balatoni who didn't waste a ball all day. I can't speak highly enough of Paton today - composed, talking to the players around him and when that wee arseh()le (Jackson?) went through him, he could have easily and quite righteously retaliated - he didn't. Totally professional. More of he same Paul!

Great performance. Paton had a fantastic game. Hutton: very composed too except for his "rush of blood to the head" moment that cost us a goal. Balatoni put in a great shift and handled Wetherson pretty well - which was a real test. Rowsons goal was a cracker - I must say I thought the chances were that was going in the clyde but for once he hit that target!

Morton looked pretty short of ideas. I think the game was won in midfield.

The ref was pretty average I thought. He made a few baffling decisons but at least he didn't pander to the likes of Jackson who must be the easiest guy to push over. Ever.

over the 90 mins the stand out for me was Paul Paton, probably the best performance ever in a Jags jersey.

I'd maybe put "his" rather than "the" in the above, but yeh, that was a real class performance. He was absolutely cracking.

Lost count of the number of times he broke up Morton's attacks, he was always able to find a yard when he had the ball - and then he used it really well. Also very impressed with the way he talked everyone else through the game.

He is really enjoying that back-of-the-midfield role, but I really like him at full-back too.

Can we clone another one?

Cairney and Hutton were very tidy, too, although drifted out the game as it went on. Archie had a good one, although again big shout to PP there - those two seemed to click, covering well for each other, with the latter always showing short for Arch every time AA had the ball.

Worked out on the way home that I've been to Crappilow about 25 times - and that is only the third time I've seen us win down there!

WELL DONE JAGS!

Paul Paton's newfound form in midfield is credit to McNamara. He seems to have more coaching awareness than any other manager we've had for a while. I think he's made up for the Culter performance. He has addressed one of the problems from that game well by putting the player with the most fight and agression (bar maybe Cairney) in the team at the centre of it all. I'm optimistic that we might become a pretty solid side the way things are shaping up. McNamara is always looking to improve and is quick to identify problems.

Hopefully a win next week (won't be there either), and then a win on boxing day and we'll be looking pretty good.

Paul Pato Paton, the Mascherano of Div 1 B)

What a goal by Rowser(on you tube already. Three goals from corners in the last two games. Two were peaches and one was legendary, thanks Doc :lol:

Very pleased with result, would maybe have settled for draw on the day. Doolaninho stopped all those negative thoughts :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWvh0jKGGN4

What a goal by Rowser(on you tube already. Three goals from corners in the last two games. Two were peaches and one was legendary, thanks Doc :lol:

Very pleased with result, would maybe have settled for draw on the day. Doolaninho stopped all those negative thoughts :)

Three technically the BALATONI goal came from 1 too :)

Looks like there was an earthquake when the ball hit the net!

A great performance to cap a brilliant day for me personally. We were in hospitality for the game sitting in front of Beattie and Maxi who were both spot on.

Paton was outstanding it must be said. Cairney once again simply superb, can we hold on to him if he keeps this up?

Hutton is clearly capable of playing at a higher level but I don't think he had his best game yesterday. His clearance for the goal was poor.

A great performance to cap a brilliant day for me personally. We were in hospitality for the game sitting in front of Beattie and Maxi who were both spot on.

Paton was outstanding it must be said. Cairney once again simply superb, can we hold on to him if he keeps this up?

Hutton is clearly capable of playing at a higher level but I don't think he had his best game yesterday. His clearance for the goal was poor.

I really hope JM is working to get him signed beyond the end of his current contract.

I really hope JM is working to get him signed beyond the end of his current contract.

what joy I felt when I saw Dools had scored that goal. The joy that is was a last minute winner, the joy that it was against Morton, then the joy that I knew it would result in us not reading post after post after post, of you telling us how long it had been since our strikers scored !! LOL.

Are we a happy man today Jagger ?

Regards the above, yeah i hope he is looking at extending Paul's contract.....and a few others as well. Paton's and O'Donnell's come to mind.

what joy I felt when I saw Dools had scored that goal. The joy that is was a last minute winner, the joy that it was against Morton, then the joy that I knew it would result in us not reading post after post after post, of you telling us how long it had been since our strikers scored !! LOL.

Are we a happy man today Jagger ?

Regards the above, yeah i hope he is looking at extending Paul's contract.....and a few others as well. Paton's and O'Donnell's come to mind.

"Happy " is a woefully inadequate word to describe my current emotional state. Only a truly gifted poet would be able to come close to putting into words just how...err....happy I feel today.

Never doubted Dools for a minute. He should start next Saturday, and then if he shoots blanks bring on Elliott, and so forth. I'm assuming that Dargo will start.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Paul Paton's newfound form in midfield is credit to McNamara. He seems to have more coaching awareness than any other manager we've had for a while. I think he's made up for the Culter performance. He has addressed one of the problems from that game well by putting the player with the most fight and agression (bar maybe Cairney) in the team at the centre of it all. I'm optimistic that we might become a pretty solid side the way things are shaping up. McNamara is always looking to improve and is quick to identify problems. Hopefully a win next week (won't be there either), and then a win on boxing day and we'll be looking pretty good.

McNamara is obviously learning on the job, but the way he has transformed some players and been willing to try them in different positions negates anything else that might happen this season for me. He is obviously talented and I hope the players coming to the end of their contracts appreciate it. They might be able to go and chase the money, but will they be better players for it? They could go elsewhere and sit on the bench week in, week out. Which is another thing I like about McNamara - he doesn't seem to have any favourites that are untouchable in terms of team selection - everyone is playing for their place.

McNamara is obviously learning on the job, but the way he has transformed some players and been willing to try them in different positions negates anything else that might happen this season for me. He is obviously talented and I hope the players coming to the end of their contracts appreciate it. They might be able to go and chase the money, but will they be better players for it? They could go elsewhere and sit on the bench week in, week out. Which is another thing I like about McNamara - he doesn't seem to have any favourites that are untouchable in terms of team selection - everyone is playing for their place.

Agree with this, and likewise hope that McNamara may be a positive factor that would encourage signings/resignings where we maybe can't quite compete on salary.

Last night I was thinking about Paddy Boyle and Liam Buchanan. While we might have been able to use Liam's poaching abilities during our current strikers' lean spell, he himself wasn't exactly banging them in regularly for us by the time he left. And Boyle hasn't been missed at all, in my opinion. Add Tuffey, Twaddle, and Harkins, then I reckon that Harkins is the only one who could be looked upon as bettering his career after leaving Thistle, though they might all have a bit more cash in their pocket.

Oh, and is playing for Kilmarnock really an improvement on anything?