Rumour Mill

stuart_adam

Juniors = cheap.

Look at the goal return from Doolan & Erskine for evidence.

Erskine is a big diddy with zero end product and I'd be quite happy to see him punted.

So are you saying there's no juniors that we could sign that couldn't cover as fringe players in our squad?

Tbh I'm not really sure why you quoted me.

So are you saying there's no juniors that we could sign that couldn't cover as fringe players in our squad?

Tbh I'm not really sure why you quoted me.

I was replying to you as you quoted me when you made your previous post.

On the basis of Erskine and Doolan being the best of the Juniors, then no I wouldn't like to see any more. I'd rather see us signing young players who are hungry, maybe guys that have been released from bigger clubs.

I'm in the minority here but I think Doolan worth keeping. He's shown in the last couple of home games against Dundee and Ayr that he makes some good runs and gets in some good positions. Strikers at every level are a confidence animal. He's more likely to get us 10-15 goals next season than Donnelly- unless Donnelly gets them all before the clocks go back!!

£700000 surely.

If that's the case, then we all should chuck it. Seriously.

If I see a bunch of juniors coming in, I'll be lucky to make 10 games next season.

PropCo didn't take £1million out. It took £900k out and £100k was used as working capital for the PropCo IIRC. In any case, you're forgetting that we'll make losses for the next set of accounts, as attendances are down, we've not had a big cup tie and we had to pay of unpaid HMRC bills with transfer money.

I'm in the minority here but I think Doolan worth keeping. He's shown in the last couple of home games against Dundee and Ayr that he makes some good runs and gets in some good positions. Strikers at every level are a confidence animal. He's more likely to get us 10-15 goals next season than Donnelly- unless Donnelly gets them all before the clocks go back!!

Neither Donnelly or Doolan are going to score enough goals to get us to challenge at the top. However with Donnelly you are getting a coach who by all accounts has been excellent in charge of the under 19's. We do need a couple of new strikers in and if it makes it easier to getting it done by having Doolan off the wage bill then I feel it has to be done.

Heard from a Killie fan that we've got Gavin Skelton on a PCA. Whether or not it's true, I don't know.

I see he's only featured once since the end of January and even that was as a sub. Often players get dropped when they sign a PCA.

Plus side, he's got a bit of dig about him :thumbsup2: . Debit side, he's slow and another left sided dude :thumbdown: .

We really need to get a bit of pace about the side. It's not too bad upfront but the rest of the team crawls along.

Heard from a Killie fan that we've got Gavin Skelton on a PCA. Whether or not it's true, I don't know.

Would be a good bit of business, however he is another guy under 6ft'. In my opinion we need to add a bit of height in that midfield and striking positions. Think Jan Koller would come out of retirement! :thinking:

Doolan's a good striker. He just needs a run of games and a good pre-season.

He needs to learn how to hit the target. He had a run of games at Clyde and couldn't score. I hope you are right but I cant see it happening. If we are running with a small squad, we cannot afford passengers. If we need to get the likes of Doolan out in order to get someone like McMenamin in, then so be it.

As for Erskine, I cant see him ever being more than a sand dancer.

Doolan's a good striker. He just needs a run of games and a good pre-season.

Add me to the list of those who think Doolan is someone who will come good. He's still raw in places, but pacey and never hides, always trying to create or get into some space and with some good coaching and forming an understanding with striking partner and other players with a sustained run of games, think we will see him turn into a handy centre forward.

Add me to the list of those who think Doolan is someone who will come good. He's still raw in places, but pacey and never hides, always trying to create or get into some space and with some good coaching and forming an understanding with striking partner and other players with a sustained run of games, think we will see him turn into a handy centre forward.

And me.

5, but it was a rate of about 1 every 2 games.

Yet Damon Gray has still scored one more goal than Doolan and look how much he was criticised. He can at least still score goals in a lower division even if it is with Berwick, Doolan still hasnt scored any in 2010 with either Clyde or ourselves. If Gray was not good enough then neither is Doolan.

Yet Damon Gray has still scored one more goal than Doolan and look how much he was criticised. He can at least still score goals in a lower division even if it is with Berwick, Doolan still hasnt scored any in 2010 with either Clyde or ourselves. If Gray was not good enough then neither is Doolan.

Doolan has the potential to play out wide if his goal scoring doesn't improve. It might well have been tried already if it wasn't for us having the unusual situation of being blessed :rolleyes: with two left sided players in Corcoran & Erskine.

Doolan has genuine pace and shows signs of not being easy to knock off the ball (his stint at Clyde may well have been of benefit in that regard) and thus could make him in time a versatile asset. Damon Gray lacked versatility, don't think he was that pacy on the ball and to put it bluntly was a bit of a fearty.

I'm not convinced that Doolan will make it but he's certainly worth the time and effort of at least another season.

Doolan has the potential to play out wide if his goal scoring doesn't improve. It might well have been tried already if it wasn't for us having the unusual situation of being blessed :rolleyes: with two left sided players in Corcoran & Erskine.

Doolan has genuine pace and shows signs of not being easy to knock off the ball (his stint at Clyde may well have been of benefit in that regard) and thus could make him in time a versatile asset. Damon Gray lacked versatility, don't think he was that pacy on the ball and to put it bluntly was a bit of a fearty.

I'm not convinced that Doolan will make it but he's certainly worth the time and effort of at least another season.

I’m not that sure he has. I think Corcoran is probably our only quick player but he takes about 30 yards to get going.

Bit O/T on this thread, which has kind of drifted anyway with the Doolan discussion, but I’ve always thought it would be interesting to see the stats at pre-season training –or at various points in the season- in an NFL style e.g. 40 yard sprint, bleep test, standing vertical jump, shuttle runs, bodyfat % (OK, maybe not the 100kg bench press).

Could certainly confirm or confound opinions held about certain players.

I’m not that sure he has. I think Corcoran is probably our only quick player but he takes about 30 yards to get going.

Bit O/T on this thread, which has kind of drifted anyway with the Doolan discussion, but I’ve always thought it would be interesting to see the stats at pre-season training –or at various points in the season- in an NFL style e.g. 40 yard sprint, bleep test, standing vertical jump, shuttle runs, bodyfat % (OK, maybe not the 100kg bench press).

Could certainly confirm or confound opinions held about certain players.

I agree with most of that, but unless they use underwater weighing there is no point in measuring body fat percentage, the errors in the other methods are too high.

The Bridge haters can naff off, he is brilliant and will only get better, we should keep him and bin Corcoran.

As for Doolan, not convinced he will make it, of course what a sensible manager would have done was realise Lovell was not up to it or fit in about a quarter of the time it took McCall and used that time to give Doolan a chance to show what he can do. As it stands now the only chance we have of seeing if he is ever going to make it is to give him another season, when we are so skint thats hardly a prudent use of resources by Sir Ian.