Rumour Mill

stuart_adam

Sorry, the BBC does not constitute "a very good source" when it comes to Scottish football outside the old-firm. <_<

Actually heard this about a week after the new boss took over. Before his rant in the press this week I know he was raging with the attitude of players who were being paid premier wages and had no desire or hunger to win as he saw it.

Pat Clarke is likely to be released from Dundee due to only a limited number of games this season, might be worth a shot? :)

He has still 2 years to run on a 3 year contract does he not? In which case Dundee may wish to release him but if Clarke doesn't want to go, and what other full-time contract outwith the SPL is going to match what he gets at Dundee, he'll be going nowhere.

He has still 2 years to run on a 3 year contract does he not? In which case Dundee may wish to release him but if Clarke doesn't want to go, and what other full-time contract outwith the SPL is going to match what he gets at Dundee, he'll be going nowhere.

But then again, if he plays 5 competitive matches over the next two years, he's unlikely to get an offer from anyone better than Berwick Rangers. He'll want to get more games and I would imagine accept a drop in pay in order to play at a higher level in his future career.

OT: checked wiki for his age, and saw something Third Lanark will be pleased by:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Clarke

Patrick "Pat" Clarke (born 18 May 1985 in Edinburgh) is a Scottish football forward currently playing for Dundeeit is widely believed in scottish game he is homosexual .
Edited by Ronaldinho

But then again, if he plays 5 competitive matches over the next two years, he's unlikely to get an offer from anyone better than Berwick Rangers. He'll want to get more games and I would imagine accept a drop in pay in order to play at a higher level in his future career.

OT: checked wiki for his age, and saw something Third Lanark will be pleased by:

Eh as I am happily engaged and getting married to Clare, then I am not interested in that in the slightest thanks

Im perfectly happy being a heterosexual thanks.

As a player though would be happy to have him in the Jags team, easily could do a job for us. As someone else mentioned we need to stop looking at Juniors and sign someone who can score his share of goals and Calrke can easily do that in this divison.

Who was the boy we were looking at from the Junior a while back from Kilbirnie I think. If were having cash problems is it worth looking at him again?

Was it someone called Longworth?

PLEASE no more juniors.

As someone else mentioned we need to stop looking at Juniors

I'd disagree re not signing more Juniors but I'd see it more as a stop gap . At the moment we've bloodied three youngsters (McGeough, Burns and MacBeth)and there's a fair chance Campbell or Bannigan could get a run out maybe in a friendly or Challenge Cup game. But the youth side of things is still in its infancy and if we're not getting the throughput of youngsters we should maybe supplement that with a player or two from the Junior ranks. I'd rather that than throw a youngster in before he's ready.

If we can provide all the fringe players we need from the under 19s that's fine but failing that a junior or two would be OK. That way we can perhaps find a way to compete in the market for key first team players and still remain within the budget.

Im perfectly happy being a heterosexual thanks.

As a player though would be happy to have him in the Jags team, easily could do a job for us. As someone else mentioned we need to stop looking at Juniors and sign someone who can score his share of goals and Calrke can easily do that in this divison.

Seem to have got a bit of a reaction there, sorry if I offended :love:

Back to the football, I agree completely, I think Clarke's the kind of player we've been looking for for a while. ...and he isn't an over the hill diddy like we signed last year.

Don't know what everybody thinks about a Buchanan/Clarke partnership. By all accounts it worked well before but I'm not so sure Clarke can play the target role we so desperately need. I'm assuming that Liam will be with us next season as I doubt he's that saleable at the moment and I'm also assuming that Grehan, who looks the target type centre, will need longer to come good. Hope I'm doing him a disservice.

So the question is.... Given that we could sign another forward would Clarke, if he's available, be a good signing? :unsure:

Seem to have got a bit of a reaction there, sorry if I offended :love:

Back to the football, I agree completely, I think Clarke's the kind of player we've been looking for for a while. ...and he isn't an over the hill diddy like we signed last year.

No you didnt offend no worries mate B)

But you aint getting a hug, you can ask Pat Clarke for one though :D;)

Was it someone called Longworth?

I'd disagree re not signing more Juniors but I'd see it more as a stop gap . At the moment we've bloodied three youngsters (McGeough, Burns and MacBeth)and there's a fair chance Campbell or Bannigan could get a run out maybe in a friendly or Challenge Cup game. But the youth side of things is still in its infancy and if we're not getting the throughput of youngsters we should maybe supplement that with a player or two from the Junior ranks. I'd rather that than throw a youngster in before he's ready.

If we can provide all the fringe players we need from the under 19s that's fine but failing that a junior or two would be OK. That way we can perhaps find a way to compete in the market for key first team players and still remain within the budget.

Juniors = cheap.

Look at the goal return from Doolan & Erskine for evidence.

Erskine is a big diddy with zero end product and I'd be quite happy to see him punted.

We'll be lucky if we're in the position to bring in Juniors.

Unless you've got a couple of million burning a hole in your pocket that you're happy to shift?

We should be in a position to bring in players after the £1M PropCo money was paid to the bank.

Oh hang on....

We should be in a position to bring in players after the £1M PropCo money was paid to the bank.

Oh hang on....

You seem to be forgetting that we're still about £1million in debt, likely to make a loss despite selling Harkins and Twaddle this year, we've got falling attendances and what is likely to be a noticeable reduction in the playing budget.

As I say, we'll be LUCKY if we can afford to bring in Juniors.

You seem to be forgetting that we're still about £1million in debt, likely to make a loss despite selling Harkins and Twaddle this year, we've got falling attendances and what is likely to be a noticeable reduction in the playing budget.

As I say, we'll be LUCKY if we can afford to bring in Juniors.

£700000 surely.

If that's the case, then we all should chuck it. Seriously.

If I see a bunch of juniors coming in, I'll be lucky to make 10 games next season.

£700000 surely.

If that's the case, then we all should chuck it. Seriously.

If I see a bunch of juniors coming in, I'll be lucky to make 10 games next season.

You mean you will be goinjg to more games then :P

I agree, if the debt has not been reduced to a figure of around £720k something isnt right but juniors are not the end of the world if we get the right ones, Doolan and Erskine cannot be labelled failures yet but they do need to prove themselves next season (although I can see Doolan being allowed to leave if he can find a team).

Guest Argus

Oh hang on....

Don't worry our manager will go out and find some 40 year old players at the fag end of their careers and give them one last pay day, before making them coaches.