Just In

davemains

Poor decision making today though O'Donnell was the main culprit and got a lot of stick. Shame Balatoni is off having been recalled by Hearts. Bannigan was well off the pace although I thought Burns looked sharp when he came on. Main problem seems to be the continual passing of the buck when in the final third. We may need big signs with "Shoot" written on them if we keep this up.

Edited by davemains

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conditions were terrible and that for me is what caused a lot of the problems in the first half, for O'Donnell and Bannigan in particular. Thought both done well second half. Thought we adapted to the conditions better than Queen of the South, but they were rank rotten again.

Balatoni had a great game throughout, well done big man hope to see you back sooner rather than later.

Booing the team off at half time, plus the stick given to O'Donnell in the first half, was diabolical btw. Some fans need to take good a look at themselves!

That was brutal, though to be fair the conditions were awful. Balatoni will be a big miss if he goes back to Hearts and we are missing Hutton big time, since he returned to his club. That game last week is turning out to be a right boot in the cream crackers as we would only be 7 points behind County, going up there next week.

Edited by Lindau

The first half was similar to the Rovers game last week (something to be endured) although other than the first 5 minutes we were the better team....just. We came close a couple of times: Cairny's cornrer landing on the bar and big Conrad knocking one just past the post. We were far better in the second and actually played some good football after the early goal settled our nerves getting into some great positions but seemed incapable of making Mick Hucknall in the Queens goal work for his money. But at least we were entertained.

O,Donnell had another nightmare in the first half, his confidence seemingly shot to hell and was incapable of passing the ball to anyone who wasn't in a blue shirt although he seemed to settle down in the second and had a reasonable game. Perhaps what he needs is more braindead ****wits hurling abuse at him from the stands, a course of action guarunteed to help kid whose confidence has taken a knock <_< .

Oh and while we're at it, would all those who made a difficult first half harder to endure with their booing please **** off and support a big rich club, you know, the sort of club that requires no fortitude from its supporters :mad:

Sitting in kids zone never heard much booing at half time.

Thought after a very poor opening five minutes, we took control of the game. Conditions made it very difficult and we were guilty of over hitting our passes. O'Donnell certainly improved second half and I didn't think Bannigan was off the pace, When he got on the ball he looked very good.

Also thought Stewart worked his socks off today and looked very good on the ball. Great run in second half and shot didn't seem too far away.

What is frustrating is number of times we broke , totally out numbering them, but failed to make the killer pass. could and should have made that a lot more comfortable than it was.

Well done to conrad. Was a hate figure on here after Culter away and really hasn't put a foot wrong since. He will be missed and wish him all the best.

FIrst half was chronic, the second was a bit better but walking out at the end I suppose the mental wind explains some of it.

Cairney was the best player on the park by miles.

Thought Cairney was not at his best today but did come more into the game the longer it went. Don't think they got it too wrong today giving Conrad motm.

Had a very enjoyable day in hospitality (athough not as enjoyable as the Murray family - hope you bought lottery tickets on the way home).

The conditons meant that it was never going to be a classic and after last week it was simply a case of getting the win and we did that. Hope that something can be worked out that will see Conrad back in a Thistle jersey as he is geting better all the time and really seems to be enjoying his time as a Thistle player.

The first half was similar to the Rovers game last week (something to be endured) although other than the first 5 minutes we were the better team....just. We came close a couple of times: Cairny's cornrer landing on the bar and big Conrad knocking one just past the post. We were far better in the second and actually played some good football after the early goal settled our nerves getting into some great positions but seemed incapable of making Mick Hucknall in the Queens goal work for his money. But at least we were entertained.

O,Donnell had another nightmare in the first half, his confidence seemingly shot to hell and was incapable of passing the ball to anyone who wasn't in a blue shirt although he seemed to settle down in the second and had a reasonable game. Perhaps what he needs is more braindead ****wits hurling abuse at him from the stands, a course of action guarunteed to help kid whose confidence has taken a knock <_< .

Oh and while we're at it, would all those who made a difficult first half harder to endure with their booing please **** off and support a big rich club, you know, the sort of club that requires no fortitude from its supporters :mad:

Good points. Didn't actually hear the booing but nothing surprises me these days..Getting angry with the abuse O'Donnell is getting. Firstly he's only a teenager but also those that are on his back presumably want him dropped, which of course would lead to Paton being withdrawn from what looks to be his best position. O'Donnell played better in the 2nd half probably because he wasn't directly getting the confidence sapping Paddy Boyle type abuse of the first half..

As one who feels we don't usually play bad conditions well I thought we weren't too silly today. Continually letting the ball run out of play for.throw ins doesn't lead to enjoyable football but it's the correct tactics. And did the ref ever play football? He didn't seem to make any allowance for the conditions at all and by booking their No 8 early on he created a rod for his own back. Apart from all the inconsistencies that were bound to follow he didn't have that bad a game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Dreadful, chust dreadful, first half today. Much improved second half and should have scored a few more - having said that, we've got the second best goal difference in the First Div! I don't know what O'Donnell needs - a rest? Less booing from the stands? What I will say is that the Stephen we saw against Morton on the Friday night game isn't the one we got today....

Thought we had quite a few standouts today - in fact, no real failures. Archie was immense as was Balatoni, who needs to be a Thistle player sooner rather than later. Well impressed by Tommy Stewart who I think is homing in on the player McNamara believes him to be. Cairney quiet, Doolan doing what he does best...

Onwards and very much upwards....

Good points. Didn't actually hear the booing but nothing surprises me these days..Getting angry with the abuse O'Donnell is getting. Firstly he's only a teenager but also those that are on his back presumably want him dropped, which of course would lead to Paton being withdrawn from what looks to be his best position. O'Donnell played better in the 2nd half probably because he wasn't directly getting the confidence sapping

Or cause he took a wee while like a few others to get used to the wind, he's a kid still give him a while, apart from some dodgy timed touches in 1st half I thought he actually read the game pretty well although he couldn't read the wind

Was at the game and thought we did well in the conditions and never looked like losing, never heard any booing, but all in all i think were heading in the right direction and i agree balatoni should be resigned as he just keeps improving every game.... good to see burns and bannigon get a run out today hope we start using them more giving them much needed xperience..................

In hospitality today and the thing I found frightening (for me anyway) after the game was how young our team is in the flesh when they turned up after the game, I'm only mid 30's and I felt like a pensioner round them. I think we're going in the right direction with a young team that (weather permitting) try's to play some football

Dreadful, chust dreadful, first half today. Much improved second half and should have scored a few more - having said that, we've got the second best goal difference in the First Div! I don't know what O'Donnell needs - a rest? Less booing from the stands? What I will say is that the Stephen we saw against Morton on the Friday night game isn't the one we got today....

Thought we had quite a few standouts today - in fact, no real failures. Archie was immense as was Balatoni, who needs to be a Thistle player sooner rather than later. Well impressed by Tommy Stewart who I think is homing in on the player McNamara believes him to be. Cairney quiet, Doolan doing what he does best...

Onwards and very much upwards....

Archie was utter utter gash today, one a couple of headers but that doesn't make up for his fluffed clearances, inability to control the ball and hapless punts to no one.

In hospitality today and the thing I found frightening (for me anyway) after the game was how young our team is in the flesh when they turned up after the game, I'm only mid 30's and I felt like a pensioner round them. I think we're going in the right direction with a young team that (weather permitting) try's to play some football

If you were in hospitality and you never heard any booing at halftime then perhaps your hearing needs tested...make you feel more like a pensioner ;)

If you were in hospitality and you never heard any booing at halftime then perhaps your hearing needs tested...make you feel more like a pensioner ;)

A few on here never heard it or a few I was at the game with a lot of people frustrated with the game, but I don't look out or listen out for the "bad boo boys" at the game

A few on here never heard it or a few I was at the game with a lot of people frustrated with the game, but I don't look out or listen out for the "bad boo boys" at the game

dont think we can afford to many more fans ****ing off with the crowds we get

Stupid booing men actually.

At half time you didnt need to listen out for it, I was to the left of hospitality and the booing was clear to hear. Of those on here who never heard it, how many were in the first two sections?

Stupid booing men actually.

At half time you didnt need to listen out for it, I was to the left of hospitality and the booing was clear to hear. Of those on here who never heard it, how many were in the first two sections?

Honestly never heard it, the 1st half was pish as a football game and the JH sounded very quiet, well till 48 mins

Todays game was largly dictated by the weather. There's not been one game in December I would like to have swapped places with anyone on the pitch - some of the weather has been horrendous recently and its affected our play. The wind today was awful.

Fair play to them though - they stuck in and we got our goal and three points.

Nobody in our league scored more than one goal today, so it shows you both how the pish weather affected everything today and also how tight this league really is.