New Sponsor

jagscast

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT - Any new sponsorship deal will be just that -- a new deal, negotiated on fresh terms. There is little chance of a 3rd party agreeing to step in and take an assignment of the old macb deal or the liabilities under it. That will simply rest as an unsecured claim on the administration for loss incurred due to breach of contract. At best, a few pennies in the pound, less whatever a replacement sponsor pays to mitigate the loss.

In any event, I doubt very much it will be Dougie, who, as you rightly point out, already does more than his fair share for the club.

Incidentally, if the new sponsor proves to be unconnected to the big 2 on our Board (and I expect it will be), then hats off to whoever pulled them in. Attracting any kind of sponsorship in this climate is extremely difficult, so to find someone to step in at short notice mid-season is no mean achievement.

David, that is an excellent point. The people at the club who had to find the new sponsor have done their job, lets hope that the support respond by turning out in good numbers for the remainder of the season as it all makes a difference to the finances.

Also makes you wonder what sort of mascot would be appropriate if as rumoured our new sponsors are from the legal trade.

Personally I rather like the idea of a giant Finch named Atticus.

Could of course be a Legal Eagle or a duck named Ally McTeal?

Rumpole of the Nollee?, Dick the Advocate? Fraser the Ambulance Chaser?

Much work to be done methinks.

Adam Strachan in a clown outfit. He'll have more legal nous that Gerry Britton these days.

David, that is an excellent point. The people at the club who had to find the new sponsor have done their job, lets hope that the support respond by turning out in good numbers for the remainder of the season as it all makes a difference to the finances.

Let's hope the team turns up for the remainder of the season - the one thing that will get bums (back) on seats.

Who is the new sponsor? Nothing on official page with the exception of

Partick Thistle FC is set to unveil the new front of shirt sponsor at Firhill Stadium on 6/2/2012.

Manager Jackie McNamara, Club Captain Alan Archibald and the MD of the new sponsor will be available for interview and photos (with a very quirky twist).

Not really that bothered about the logo but is much as I expected as it is the correct size and shape to be put over the macb logo on the shirts. At the end of the day as long as the Jags get the money I don't really care what the logo looks like. Well done to the club for getting another sponsor in so quickly. This would never have happened under the previous regime IMO.