Paul Paton Red Card

northernsoul

There have been 2 stupid red cards in the last month but overall we are one of the best disciplined teams in the division. Only Hamilton have fewer red cards (just the one) and we actually have the fewest yellow cards (29).

Discipline isn't just about yellow and red cards though. It's about training properly, eating properly, positional awareness, staying onside, all aspects of the game. 2 stupid red cards in the last month is extremely alarming as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to selectively quote, as you've made some good points, but do we know this is true? I read a comment somewhere recently that thistle players were seen walking to training at 11.10 and leaving at 12.30, but how do we know they weren't on their break at 11.00 and hadn't actually started at 9am? Still not full time in my eyes, but how do you know this?

Twinny, a few different people at the club have told me this. They don't train nearly as much as they did under McCall and it certainly does show. We are basically part-time already, it's happened without us even realising.

Maybe sports science theory and rest periods would work better if they weren't spent in Nandos. What's that rule again? 10,000 hours to become an expert at anything. Well, at one hour a day, it'd take 27 years of one hour training sessions for JMcMs team to achieve this status. One year down - cannot ******* wait for 2038...

it's a theory, some would say cod psychology in its origins. even so, it's not axiomatic that if you complete 10,000 hours of something you become an expert at anything.

The point still stands that if you want to compete in professional sports you need to put the work in. Of course talent can be in built, however it isn't a case of nature vs nurture as both are necessary to become an expert/talented.

Okay can you name the 9 players for me?

GK - Will Snowdon

RB - Archbishop Desmond Tutu CB - Anna-Nicole Smith CB - Juan Ramon Escalas LB - Brandy Norwood

RM - Assunta Kerr CM - Pablo Escobar CM - Francis Hoenselaar LM - Jim Courier

CF - Kris Doolan CF - Kai Naismith

Oh and it's not just the team you don't know...............

Manager - Trevor from Eastenders

Stadium - The set from 'Waterworld' featuring Kevin Costner

Owner - Nick Knowles

Sponsor - Little Chef

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Top notch Ross, Alan sometimes I really worry about your selections.

You also recently mentioned the Jackie Husband stand...the JH. Its actually the John Hillcoat stand.

GK - Will Snowdon

RB - Archbishop Desmond Tutu CB - Anna-Nicole Smith CB - Juan Ramon Escalas LB - Brandy Norwood

RM - Assunta Kerr CM - Pablo Escobar CM - Francis Hoenselaar LM - Jim Courier

CF - Kris Doolan CF - Kai Naismith

Oh and it's not just the team you don't know...............

Manager - Trevor from Eastenders

Owner - Nick Knowles

Sponsor - Little Chef

:thumbsup:

love nonsense threads

I can thoroughly recommend the Waterworld Show at Universal Studios, L.A. Really quite a strange correlation of a rather spectacular theme park attraction and an attempted blockbuster that failed spectacularly. I sense the absence of Mr Costner from the former may go someway to explain this.

Tonight I'm mostly thinking Paul Paton and Splash Zone,

And throw in A Day in the Park with Propco

Not sure whether Graham attempted to swing a punch at Paul or to grab him, but Paton's headbutt is certainly unambiguous. I'd get shot of either him or O'Donnell at the end of the season, providing we have a choice, and bring in McGowan from Ayr.

Erskine's miss is criminal. You can see John Baird clasping his head as he thinks it's a certain goal.

http://www.raithrove...id=1069&type=11

What an utter embarassment. Nice one Paul. Really clever thing to do.

Your bark has always been loud but your bite isn't vicious.

I don't want to see you at Firhill next year.

Am I right in thinking this is Patons first red card? Bagging him for a moment of overreaction when he wasn't the instigator seems, well, a ridiculous overreaction.

Am I right in thinking this is Patons first red card? Bagging him for a moment of overreaction when he wasn't the instigator seems, well, a ridiculous overreaction.

2nd this season. In both matches it's likely he's cost us the game. Also been critical of the petty yellow cards he picks up tho' not so bad these days as a couple of seasons ago.