Stewarding

potty trained

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the female steward who was 'abused' was the one with the terrible attitude who is always confrontational and pretty much conforms to every stereotype of a 'jobsworth football steward at the football'?

I wasn't there, but wouldn't be surprised if it's the one who spent ages giving me grief for smoking an electronic cigarette towards the end of a game a few weeks ago and threatening me with all sorts for doing so and refusing to go and actually confirm what I was telling her about them being fine to 'smoke' was true. The highlight was "you can't use it cause it looks like you're smoking". And for the avoidance of doubt I was 'unconfrontational' and hadn't touched a drop of ale before anyone goes down that road.

I wonder if the female steward who was 'abused' was the one with the terrible attitude who is always confrontational and pretty much conforms to every stereotype of a 'jobsworth football steward at the football'?

I wasn't there, but wouldn't be surprised if it's the one who spent ages giving me grief for smoking an electronic cigarette towards the end of a game a few weeks ago and threatening me with all sorts for doing so and refusing to go and actually confirm what I was telling her about them being fine to 'smoke' was true. The highlight was "you can't use it cause it looks like you're smoking". And for the avoidance of doubt I was 'unconfrontational' and hadn't touched a drop of ale before anyone goes down that road.

Interesting problem presented by leccy ciggies, though. If they look like the real thing, then I can understand why a steward would want to check them out. It certainly means more difficulty for stewards. Not trying to justify any attitude problems on the part of stewards, of course!

Interesting problem presented by leccy ciggies, though. If they look like the real thing, then I can understand why a steward would want to check them out. It certainly means more difficulty for stewards. Not trying to justify any attitude problems on the part of stewards, of course!

I expect a steward to come up and see what is going on if they see someone 'smoking' but they must be aware of the existence of these things and the rules surrounding them (given part of their remit is to ensure compliance with public smoking regs) but I'd also expect them to listen to what the person using it has to say or seek clarification from someone who does know before 'going aff their nut'.

I expect a steward to come up and see what is going on if they see someone 'smoking' but they must be aware of the existence of these things and the rules surrounding them (given part of their remit is to ensure compliance with public smoking regs) but I'd also expect them to listen to what the person using it has to say or seek clarification from someone who does know before 'going aff their nut'.

have to say i wasn't aware of them. clearly you have had an issue with the steward in question and that should not have happened. Just a thought but would it not have been an idea to have approached a steward and informed them of what you had so that there was no misunderstanding from the outset? It may have helped with their understanding of the situation.

have to say i wasn't aware of them. clearly you have had an issue with the steward in question and that should not have happened. Just a thought but would it not have been an idea to have approached a steward and informed them of what you had so that there was no misunderstanding from the outset? It may have helped with their understanding of the situation.

Do you inform a steward before you participate in a legal activity in the ground?

"Excuse me love I'm just about to breathe, hope you don't mind".

Do you inform a steward before you participate in a legal activity in the ground?

This is exactly the sort of thing we need to stamp out at our stadium -just think of the possibilty that if everyone took your wreckless attitude we could run out of air

Uberteeb, as long as smoking is not permitted in football grounds, if you insist in indulging in what to any reasonable individual at a distance might look like smoking, then you can only expect to be requested to clarify the situation. Breathing is not a forbidden activity. Whether a steward could tell you that you can't engage in "electrical smoking" (is there a term for that) is another matter.

Uberteeb, as long as smoking is not permitted in football grounds, if you insist in indulging in what to any reasonable individual at a distance might look like smoking, then you can only expect to be requested to clarify the situation. .

This reads the problem to me if correct, the steward in question according to Uberteed was not enquiring, but was confrontational, and threatening. There is no need for that to paying customers.

This reads the problem to me if correct, the steward in question according to Uberteed was not enquiring, but was confrontational, and threatening. There is no need for that to paying customers.

If that's what happened, then agreed. If there is no rule against these electrical devices, then as soon as the steward has established the nature of the thing then the matter should be closed.

If that's what happened, then agreed. If there is no rule against these electrical devices, then as soon as the steward has established the nature of the thing then the matter should be closed.

Agree and it should be done in a civilized manner, if you talk to people like sh*t expect to get it back, a wee smile and abit of politeness goes along way especially to your regulars (the home support)

:shok: :shok: :shok:

Uberteeb, as long as smoking is not permitted in football grounds, if you insist in indulging in what to any reasonable individual at a distance might look like smoking, then you can only expect to be requested to clarify the situation. Breathing is not a forbidden activity. Whether a steward could tell you that you can't engage in "electrical smoking" (is there a term for that) is another matter.

Of course I expected to be questioned, it was even me who got her attention on one of those beautifully choreographed walks up and down the stairs. I wasn't "asked to clarify" anything, I was told a load of incorrect information in a not very polite manner by someone who refused to listen to what I was saying,

It's hardly the end of the earth but lets just say had I been spoken to like that by a waitor, barman or bouncer I wouldn't be going back to that restaurant, pub or club.

The staff on the pitch might be awful, the staff in the dugout might be clueless but the staff who work with the 'customers' could at least be polite.

There are much worse grounds for stewarding but short of some morbid fetish establishment on the Reeperbahn I can't think of too many other environments where people pay money to be treated like shit by jumped up rent-a-cop wannabes.