Stewarding

potty trained

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to echo the sentiments from the posters above. It was important this didn't drag on and on, so I'm glad it has been put to bed quickly and the Club has rightly apologised to Ruchillnomore and Smeatojag. Happy memories of that banner last season at the Stirling cup game. :thumbsup2:

I hope the moron steward who blatantly lied to these two guys never sets foot in Firhill again.

what did they offer you as an apology? a game upfront on saturday? :crazy:

They were offered castle greyskull...but that was deemed an infringement on the guys human rights

but seriously...good to see they saw sense and apologised to you both

Justice for the Firhill Two!!!! Great news.

Well done lads for following up on the complaint.

And well done PTFC for sorting this out in front of so many of us on the forum and doing it quickly.

Last thing we all want is bad feeling towards our own club at a time when it really need us.

• Members

Yep good to hear this has been resolved and quickly too.

As an aside I hear a couple of our regular stewards (females) who have been at the Club for years were verbally abused at the weekend. Some of our fans are far from angels when it comes to how they treat our staff.

Will, maybe the abuse was a direct result of the treatment of 2 of our own supporters?

Great way to draw a line under the incident Will.

It's a fair point tho Ian, 2 wrongs and all that. I know what the club have offered by way of recompense, and I'd say it was a very good gesture. I'd also say the club dealt with this matter quickly and effectively so should be praised not seen as doing something 'in the end'. Hope Brian, or whoever runs the stewarding now, see to it that the steward involved in this case never works in Firhill again.

BUT, if we are to be critical (rightly in this case) we also need to look at ourselves. Verbally abusing one of our own stewards, especially a female steward (I presume they were not involved in this incident?), cannot be justified in the way you try to Ian. Just my opinion, but there are better ways to respond than to verbally abuse someone...infact, the 2 guys involved in this incident seem to have shown that. Well done, RNM and SJ.

Edited by Steven H

It's a fair point tho Ian, 2 wrongs and all that. I know what the club have offered by way of recompense, and I'd say it was a very good gesture. I'd also say the club dealt with this matter quickly and effectively so should be praised not seen as doing something 'in the end'. Hope Brian, or whoever runs the stewarding now, see to it that the steward involved in this case never works in Firhill again.

BUT, if we are to be critical (rightly in this case) we also need to look at ourselves. Verbally abusing one of our own stewards, especially a female steward (I presume they were not involved in this incident?), cannot be justified in the way you try to Ian. Just my opinion, but there are better ways to respond than to verbally abuse someone...infact, the 2 guys involved in this incident seem to have shown that. Well done, RNM and SJ....hope Cairney stays tho :P

Not saying anyone was right to abuse a female steward. Where is the evidence that it even happened? Will didn't hear it himself, so where is this coming from?

It was the conduct of a female steward which ignited the whole incident in the first place, I'm assuming is her that was apparently abused. The same steward who many people are saying should never set foot inside Firhill again.

I really don't see why Will had to start making accusations against jags fans, when the club have already admitted that THEY were in the wrong.

I didn't see any accusations of stewards being abused in the statement on the club website.

Everyone else seemed happy to draw a line under it.

• Members

Will, maybe the abuse was a direct result of the treatment of 2 of our own supporters?

Great way to draw a line under the incident Will.

No idea if it was Ian. But threatening to give a women a doing under any circumstances is pretty low in my view.

No idea if it was Ian. But threatening to give a women a doing under any circumstances is pretty low in my view.

Very serious accusations there Will, especially when the club has publicly tried to draw a line under the whole thing, do you not think?

When you consider that your information is second hand (IE, you didn't hear or see this for yourself) I am astounded that you have posted this.

You may argue that some of my postings on this topic are controversial, but everything I have said is based on incidents that I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears.

You are at risk of making this situation a lot worse, for the club, and the stewards in question.

Ian, as you were there and saw and heard everything with your own eyes and ears you'll be able to confirm whether or not abuse was directed at the female steward...

I never heard anything like that. No one threatened anyone with "a doing" as far I'm aware. If these allegations are substantial they shouldn't be leaking out of the club via 3rd parties. The fact that they are suggests that whoever is behind the allegations isn't putting their name to it.

There was of course disgust and astonishment at the way the incident was handled. I myself spoke with a couple of the regular stewards who I recognised as being there for years. They were visibly embarrassed at the conduct of some of their colleagues.

I didn't hear any abuse of this sort from where I was, during the incident involving the two guys with the tickets. I can confidently claim that there was no violent abuse hurled at the stewards. The anger, not abuse was directed at the male steward who was responsible for chucking out the two fans.

However, the incident with the bottle earlier on I can't account for. That incident did involve the female steward and it dragged on for a good five minutes between herself, the head steward, the Police and the young guy with the bottle.

• Members

Ian, as you were there and saw and heard everything with your own eyes and ears you'll be able to confirm whether or not abuse was directed at the female steward...

Did I give the impression it was during this incident? Apologies if I did.

That incident did involve the female steward and it dragged on for a good five minutes between herself, the head steward, the Police and the young guy with the bottle.

This is the one that gets me. As I said earlier, I'm assuming this incident occured before the paper throwing palaver and was the reason the police were keeping an eye on that particular section of the ground. Throwing paper is one thing, bringing a bottle into the ground is another. Anyway, seeing as the bottle incident didn't involve the abuse of a steward - as stated on this forum - that I'm confused as to why extra attention was paid to that area.

This is the one that gets me. As I said earlier, I'm assuming this incident occured before the paper throwing palaver and was the reason the police were keeping an eye on that particular section of the ground. Throwing paper is one thing, bringing a bottle into the ground is another. Anyway, seeing as the bottle incident didn't involve the abuse of a steward - as stated on this forum - that I'm confused as to why extra attention was paid to that area.

Also worth pointing out that the guy with the bottle returned to his seat after being spoken to by the police.

• Members

I didn't hear any abuse of this sort from where I was, during the incident involving the two guys with the tickets. I can confidently claim that there was no violent abuse hurled at the stewards. The anger, not abuse was directed at the male steward who was responsible for chucking out the two fans.

However, the incident with the bottle earlier on I can't account for. That incident did involve the female steward and it dragged on for a good five minutes between herself, the head steward, the Police and the young guy with the bottle.

Precisely why I posted................. p.s. Don't read more into the post than what I'm saying.

This issue has just hit the airwaves radio Scotland’s Off The Ball has made it thier headline item.

Heard the show yesterday. Cowan & Cosgrove were absolutely loving it, they could barely stop themselves from bursting into hysterics.

Complete and utter embarrassment for the club.