Clyde To Groundshare With Us Next Season?

Thistle_1876

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would happily welcome them back to Firhill...

Football is in a small part based on rivalry, we have no rivals.

Christ if it benefited both clubs, i would even suggest a permanent ground share, especially if it allowed them to get themselves back on a sure footing and didn't impinge on us.

Why not?

As long as we get a pledge from them that they'll deal with their 9 year olds marauding around Firhill on bikes with fags hanging out their mouths, swearing at locals and passers by. Also, the nolly bank behind the JS is not there for the purpose of horse trading; can they please go to Appleby Fair for that sort of thing?!?!

Christ if it benefited both clubs, i would even suggest a permanent ground share, especially if it allowed them to get themselves back on a sure footing and didn't impinge on us.

Why not?

Im not having a go, just feel Partick Thistle itself needs to concentrate on getting back on a sure footing before worrying about Clyde. Whatever decision is made by the board it clearly needs to be done with the best interests of Partick Thistle rather than anyone else.

Though I get the impression that any groundshare would only be for a short time since Clyde are quite keen to go to East Kilbride

An esthetically pleasing banking of white heather would be my preference.

Unless the endgame is a reprise of the less than aesthetically pleasing Dale Farm scenario that captured News headlines not so long ago. That's why it would have to be rent up front. Also worth checking if they could put a real curse on us if we had them booted out.

• Members

Why not?

Yep I'd agree with that PT.

All senior clubs I would imagine.

Just out of curiosity, is there any SFL rule that says you can't ground-share with a Junior club? Lochburn would be more than adequate for them.

From what i here one of the clubs they are in talks with is Petershill Juniors and that is the preferred option of some Clyde supporters as they would rather not have anything to do with us,However the stumbling block is the fact that Petershill already share with an amateur club and couldn`t guarantee Clyde getting the use of the pitch on a Saturday.They are looking in to giving the amateur club a sweetner to step aside for a season.If they can strike a deal, that would be the preferred option due to the ground being more than adequate for their support and the fact that they could also train there and it would most likely be the cheapest option

From what i here one of the clubs they are in talks with is Petershill Juniors and that is the preferred option of some Clyde supporters as they would rather not have anything to do with us,However the stumbling block is the fact that Petershill already share with an amateur club and couldn`t guarantee Clyde getting the use of the pitch on a Saturday.They are looking in to giving the amateur club a sweetner to step aside for a season.If they can strike a deal, that would be the preferred option due to the ground being more than adequate for their support and the fact that they could also train there and it would most likely be the cheapest option

The team that share are actually a Junior club Rossvale who are in the lowest division of Central league/west set up.

On the subject of groundshare I see Ross Co are making overtures to share with ICT. Apart from the obvious irony from a Jags point of view I hope County are allowed to play at Inverness. I'd hate when we play them again we go to Dingwall to find Victoria Pk all lego-ised.

Tough on fans of SPL clubs missing out on a trip to Dingwall, I certainly wouldn't relish going four times to whatever ICT call their ground, but for the greater good of Scottish football and all that.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett