Clyde To Groundshare With Us Next Season?

Thistle_1876

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could never work out why. They're insignificant to us. :unknw:

used to love my trips over to shawfield back in the day to noise up the gyppos - remember one quality day out when we battled with the local rats at john street borstal secondary in a cup tie and beat them followed by an afternoon game at shawfield where the jags pumped 'em - these modern shitey stadia are just bolox

passed by shawfield the other day and its still open - mibbe the dugs people will let the tinkers share with them or maybe they could share with rutherglen glencairn up the road

would much rather have QP - arguably the richest club in scotland and well able to pay their dues if sharing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirmed. Can stay on their current campsite for the next 5 years, and artificial surface.

http://www.eveningti...ay-put.17763249

Ah well, best of luck to them and the artificial surface. Our club gave up on that based on the cost of getting rid of it should we be promoted to the SPL, but Clyde are at no risk of getting close to the SPL any time soon.

There is no relegation from the SFL 3rd Division. This is a big problem. The spirit of association football is open system, unlike American sports. If there is no relegation from the SFL, Scottish football is inferior to English football. The SFA must act to re-organise Scottish senior football.

I want to get an East Stirlingshire shirt before they go bust. (I could not get a Gretna shirt.) However East Stirlingshire do not reply my email despite they said to me that they will prepare one with the SFL sleeve badges for me.

We will welcome Cove Rangers, Spartans, Edinburgh City to Scottish senior football.

• 1 month later...

Guy in work says Celtic have confirmed that their Youth (under 20's) team will play at Firhill next season,

Not sure what financial benefit this will bring but will be better than nothing while not completely destroying the pitch.

Possible benefits re loan players. I don't think Celtic would want their youngsters playing on a midden so perhaps help with the groundkeeping?

Possible benefits re loan players. I don't think Celtic would want their youngsters playing on a midden so perhaps help with the groundkeeping?

Or they may say "We're paying you for use of your pitch, it is your responsibility to make sure it is up to scratch."

Guy in work says Celtic have confirmed that their Youth (under 20's) team will play at Firhill next season,

Not sure what financial benefit this will bring but will be better than nothing while not completely destroying the pitch.

Must be some financial benefit I would have thought mate no way we could afford to let them there for free. This club needs every penny it can get.

• Members

So with Sevco and Clyde in the same division next season, if Clyde (famously short of cash these days) play Rangers at home early in the season before their new pitch is installed (not sure where they are with this yet?) I wonder if they will still be happy to play at Alloa with their 3100 capacity?

So with Sevco and Clyde in the same division next season, if Clyde (famously short of cash these days) play Rangers at home early in the season before their new pitch is installed (not sure where they are with this yet?) I wonder if they will still be happy to play at Alloa with their 3100 capacity?

Good point.

It will be interesting to see whether Division 3 clubs will try to move the Govan Greens (as I call them) matches to a bigger stadium. For example, Peterhead may wish to switch their game to Pittodrie.

Good point.

It will be interesting to see whether Division 3 clubs will try to move the Govan Greens (as I call them) matches to a bigger stadium. For example, Peterhead may wish to switch their game to Pittodrie.

Polis will probably have a say as well. A lot of these grounds aren't really set up for segregation, which will make their capacities even lower. Anyway not our problem :)

• 1 month later...

I tweeted the same earlier, but I'd love it if Clyde moved back to Rutherglen and managed to rebuild a decent base of support. A strong Clyde would really benefit Thistle - it would be great to have a meaningful derby again. That's one thing that we miss that I am hugely jealous of other clubs over - see the upcoming Fife derby as a case in point...

I tweeted the same earlier, but I'd love it if Clyde moved back to Rutherglen and managed to rebuild a decent base of support. A strong Clyde would really benefit Thistle - it would be great to have a meaningful derby again. That's one thing that we miss that I am hugely jealous of other clubs over - see the upcoming Fife derby as a case in point...

Agree totally.

Shawfield is still there let's not forget.