Top Four

proudjag

Morton are now starting to look like they'll be safe in the 1st for another year. Unlike some others, apart from the fact that I don't remember us winning very often at Starks Park, I have nothing against Raith Rovers. But if it comes down to wanting them, Ayr or QoS to survive in this division, then it's cheerio, Rovers, ken?!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK it'sjust wishful thinking but Livingston's remaining matches are quite interesting

they play

Falkirk (A)

Us (A)

County (H)

Raith (A)

Ayr (H)

Q o S (A)

Morton (H)

If County Falkirk & us beat them or they only pick up a point then they'll have three six pointers in a row. They are young side perhaps not up for the win at all cost stuff. As I say, probably just wishful thinking.

OK it'sjust wishful thinking but Livingston's remaining matches are quite interesting

they play

Falkirk (A)

Us (A)

County (H)

Raith (A)

Ayr (H)

Q o S (A)

Morton (H)

If County Falkirk & us beat them or they only pick up a point then they'll have three six pointers in a row. They are young side perhaps not up for the win at all cost stuff. As I say, probably just wishful thinking.

That's like one of those dreams you don't want to wake up from, I'd love it if they went down and were followed by Raith.

Oh come on lets kiss and make up....this constant fighting must be getting really boring for every one else. :love:

Naff off sonny.

You asked if anyone has heard if he gets angry with the players. I thought i'd advise I have heard he does and that people connected have told me so. Can't really offer any further comments other than that.

Complete opposite from how I've been told he is as a manager and when he was a player both on the park and of it, from someone who played against him and in same side and has played against us under his management, but that's not every managers style

Just to add to that there are always 2 styles of management either on the shop floor or football the noisy angry aggressive ones who can terrify you when your under performing Or the pally nice ones who encourage your performance both work but only if the team/squad/workforce has a respect for them.

Being a youngster at the time I can't honestly remember, but I can't remember Davie McParland kicking water bottles (well, they would have been glass back then), or throwing his bunnet, or shouting and screaming like a banshee on the sidelines.

But then, we were winning most matches back then......

Complete opposite from how I've been told he is as a manager and when he was a player both on the park and of it, from someone who played against him and in same side and has played against us under his management, but that's not every managers style

Along similar lines an SPL assistant manager knowing I was a Jags fan asked me how Jackie was doing. It was just a couple of days after the last Livingston match. Anyway I told him a lot of fans were in varying degrees a bit concerned about his relatively laid back touchline attitude. He said that's just Jackie's style and it shouldn't be a concern.

In general I feel you can usually tell what sort of manager someone is from the way they played football. I don't remember McNamara being a loud and/or demonstrative type player so for good or bad it's probably unreasonable to expect Jackie to be the jumpy about type.

I've never seen them, anyone else?

Still waiting on Mr Murray elaborating on his assertion that McNamara isn't too 'nicey nicey' with the players. Or why for that matter new players would solve the mentality problem at Thistle?

The mentality of the players and the team is dictated by the manager, or is it just coincidence that the whole team bottled it away from home in virtually every meaningful away game this season, that the whole team bottled it in the cup games against garbage opposition and that the whole team spent most of the season looking disinterested and clueless. Imagine thinking any of that stems from the manager, I must be off my head.

Imagine not thinking it could stem from negativity like we have witnesed this week from the same people. What came first, the shite mentality of the Club, the shite mentality of the players, or the shite mentality of some of the usual bloody moaners on here. And you Mr Teebs have become the loudest of them all, oh how times have changed.

Hardly on here much these days, for reasons best known to myself, but on a wee nightshift at work wi heehaw to do, so thought 'I'll catch up on the forum, surely it'll be a positive place this week after winning 5-0!'. Silly me! Oh and in case the doomsday disciples haven't noticed, we are 4th in a league where we were fearing a relegation battle before the start of the season. How many times we been in the top 4 since returning to the first division? Twice? If we finish 4th or better I'd say it's a job well done(ish) and, wait for it...a good basis on which to build for next season ;)

Imagine not thinking it could stem from negativity like we have witnesed this week from the same people. What came first, the shite mentality of the Club, the shite mentality of the players, or the shite mentality of some of the usual bloody moaners on here. And you Mr Teebs have become the loudest of them all, oh how times have changed.

Hardly on here much these days, for reasons best known to myself, but on a wee nightshift at work wi heehaw to do, so thought 'I'll catch up on the forum, surely it'll be a positive place this week after winning 5-0!'. Silly me! Oh and in case the doomsday disciples haven't noticed, we are 4th in a league where we were fearing a relegation battle before the start of the season. How many times we been in the top 4 since returning to the first division? Twice? If we finish 4th or better I'd say it's a job well done(ish) and, wait for it...a good basis on which to build for next season ;)

With the exception of batshit mental foreign teams who go nuts for 90 minutes no matter what is going on and who normally go nuts for 3 hours before the match when the players haven’t even arrived at the ground the attitude of all supporters is influenced by what happens on the pitch. You can’t possibly be suggesting the 20-50 guys at the back left of the JH who have largely stopped singing this season have caused any of the problems on the park can you? The players chucked it, the fans stuck with it for a while then chucked it as well, and not just in a singing sense, a lot of regulars are no longer regulars.

As for finishing fourth, the league position doesn’t tell the story of this season, far from it. I don’t think I need to bother typing why again.

I'm not saying he is one for screaming and shouting. Just tried to point out that he is not as nicey nicey as some think he might be. Certainly after Livi away I was told he was none to pleased or laid back after the performance.To be honest it's a mute point. Those that don't either like or want Jackie as manager are not going to believe anything someone says that might challenge their views. Same goes for those of us that do. All that happens is the same old arguments , fall outs, put downs etc. I'm not in the mood for that anymore.

I'm not saying he is one for screaming and shouting. Just tried to point out that he is not as nicey nicey as some think he might be. Certainly after Livi away I was told he was none to pleased or laid back after the performance.To be honest it's a mute point. Those that don't either like or want Jackie as manager are not going to believe anything someone says that might challenge their views. Same goes for those of us that do. All that happens is the same old arguments , fall outs, put downs etc. I'm not in the mood for that anymore.

Lenny read my next post too, shouting and screaming like a mad man is not his style, hes an encourager, if that works we'll see, both styles can work both can fail