Why Don`t We Launch Our New Strips Earlier ?

macca

As a regular buyer of the new home strips over the years for myself and the 3 kids it always annoys me why we leave launching them so late.We would be far better launching it at the end of June just as the schools finish up so that kids can have the new strips for their summer holidays.Lots of families jet off as soon as school stops and i feel we are definately missing out on potential sales.The new Scotland strip was launched last week,the new Rangers strip is launch tommorrow and i believe this is no coincidence as they try to maximise sales during the holiday period

Edited by macca

Good question.

I'd love to hear the clubs reasoning for that one.

From my point of view, at least they are having the decency to launch the strip the day before I go on holiday although I wonder if I'll get away with a sneaky wee trip throuhgh to Glasgow...

Good question.

From my point of view, at least they are having the decency to launch the strip the day before I go on holiday although I wonder if I'll get away with a sneaky wee trip throuhgh to Glasgow...

Maybe they are hoping to have a new signing wearing the strip. Therefore the board may actually allow a new signing by July 10th <_<

Good question.

Because it would make sense.

Thistle and strip launches aren't exactly yer match made in heaven, though the Puma deal strikes me as a good one. Just a shame the players didn't show up at the Morton game a couple of years ago.

The availability of kit is most likely down to the manufacturer which, if I'm not mistaken, has gone from being a bit of a Jags exclusive to making kit for every Tom, Dick and Harriet in the SFL this year. I very much doubt the club cuts off its nose to spite its face and miss the holiday rush.

What, waiting until the holidays are in full swing. They should be looking to launch it earlier as people (i.e. me) like to buy the new strip to fly the flag abroad.

No, my wording may have caused the confusion. It would make sense for the club to release the strips as soon as possible, but the reason the don't is because it would make sense. PTFC don't do sensible.

• Administrators

Thank you. Take the rest of the day off, put your feet up and watch the footie. :)

Haha, cheers. Was watching the Greece v Argentina match tonight.

Looking forward to the Portugal v Brazil game on Friday.

Cheers

Interesting article about Puma, I often get the impression that football shirt designers are taking the piss, just to see if fans will buy the bizzare creations. The Thistle camouflage top is dreadful and the Scotland sttempt is a good example of some smart ares having too much time on hi/her hands! As somebody famous once said Keep It Simple Stupid!