If You Were A Thistle Casual.........

Tom Stronach

What would you call the firm? I think we'll all agree that the NGE is a gash name.

I would go for something like - "All under 16's go free, pints in the Aitken Suite Soccer Casuals".

Suggestions welcome.

*I in no way condone or promote football violence.

Soccer? :shok: , Apart from that it's fine, Good suggestion

YHB Young Hard Boys? hmmm think might sound a bit dodgy

Edited by Tinyman

What would you call the firm? I think we'll all agree that the NGE is a gash name.

I would go for something like - "All under 16's go free, pints in the Aitken Suite Soccer Casuals".

Suggestions welcome.

The WEE: West End Espresso; or simply G12 but maybe thatr's a bit boy band'ish - like E17 but with connections to a real firm (gangstas like the Krays or even daddy's law firm). Or just a good school like Glasgow Academy or even St Asdas.

In truth, I never really got the NGE tag as most came from other parts of the country; or so I'm told ;)

Suggestions welcome.

Always thought it was a great name..inspired..majestic even

Always thought it was a great name . Used to love it getting chanted from the back of the old shed when things got a bit rowdy . Nnnnnnnnggggeeeeee!

Me too. There was always a better atmosphere when the troops were at the game.

NNNNNNNGGGGGEEEEEEE!

NNNNNNNGGGGGEEEEEEE!

NNNNNNNGGGGGGEEEEEE!!

When I were a lad back in the 60's the big scooter club was the Maryhill Road Runners, but the NGE could have been an off-shoot or even another club. I remember my uncle was right into the scene and went on one-way club runs. He often ended up too blootered to make the return journey!

This could be quite a good thread for the other forum - scooter clubs and Glasgow gangs e.g. the SYVDOH, that is the Sandyhills Young Venny Disciples of Hate; or nearer to Firhill we have the HHH or Hillhead Honks (WTF that means). But my favourite was always the YCCT (Young Cadder Car Thieves - at least you knew what they were about; so time to put one of those bright yellow bits of metal over your steering wheel. Oh, you've got an alarm!).

Gangs coming into games were pretty common, often a local Maryhill gang would wander in when the gates got opened during midweek games, usually there was about 10 or so and they always carried a ball and usually came in with a dug! I remember also a big fight at Shawfield with the Bridgeton derry and the Thistle fans at the end of the game one midweek game.

• 4 weeks later...