Worst Pubs On Away Days

Chicofan

Can add The Bank in Alloa to the list...

A deafening soundtrack of hard rock and Euro dance.

Mind you, it was cheap - pint of Guinness and pint of Magner's only a fiver!

When you realise the gents at the jukebox are choosing their selections from the 'Kevin & Perry Go Large' soundtrack it's time to drink up.

• 6 months later...

the leith arms. i went up to the bar sed 'two pints of strongbow plz'. the guy standin beside me stuck the heid on us n sed 'wit u drinkin strongbow for ya jambo *******.' brilliant. i was with my wife but this ****** didnt care. i salute u pal! it's well good gettin heidered over a shirt sponsorship lol

I like going to duff pubs on match days when I get the chance (eg The Alamo at Love St). The worst pub isn't a pub.... it's Falkirk... they don't have a pub at all. Even the stadium bar was shut last time I went.

Before the game earlier in the season my masterplan involved the crafty use of my bus pass. Parked the car as usual down at the industrial estate and hopped a bus up to the town centre. For some reason I'm not sure of I decide against visiting any of the town centre hostelries and wandered down to the Mill Inn, which I believe to be the closest to the ground. Big mistake, the place was crawling with wee burberry clad neds (15-19 year olds mostly). Didn't feel threatened but it appeared the few other locals did, as well as the bar staff. Lousy atmosphere and poor pub into the bargain.

A pub worth avoiding if there's just a few of you.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Before the game earlier in the season my masterplan involved the crafty use of my bus pass. Parked the car as usual down at the industrial estate and hopped a bus up to the town centre. For some reason I'm not sure of I decide against visiting any of the town centre hostelries and wandered down to the Mill Inn, which I believe to be the closest to the ground. Big mistake, the place was crawling with wee burberry clad neds (15-19 year olds mostly). Didn't feel threatened but it appeared the few other locals did, as well as the bar staff. Lousy atmosphere and poor pub into the bargain.

A pub worth avoiding if there's just a few of you.

That'll have been the Falkirk FC youth squad.

grrr cowdenbeath is a utopian metropolis when compared to the likes of cliftonville. Mind we played a pre-season tournament there and because i had a skin head and glasgow accent i was being accused by some catholics of being a british soldier! Guy phoned us a taxi and told us to leave because the twats who were talkin to us were 'heavy' but one look like mick hucknall and the other was a fat paris hilton look alike. if thats what passes for a hardman in northern ireland then bring it on!

If you were in NI then what passes for a hardman probably has a Kalashnikov hidden round the back. He can afford to be fat and pasty.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Laurieston is a great pub - really nice staff, great beer - very friendly too. The Glaswegian was a sectarian shoithole that no one in their right mind would spend time or money in.

Glaswegian is now called The Waterfront but from what I've seen the clientele is still very much the same.

i was in the norsemen quite early before a game so it was quite quiet and the guy next to me was telling his pal how he robbed some 'student poof' on the top deck of the bus the night before. said he threatened the boy with a bottle and the guy gave him his i pod, phone and wallet without arguin. The guy said he then proceeded to bottle the guy for not puttin up a fight. Shows you the measure of the scum down there. Actually made me reallly angry. i turned round and glared at him but he just looked away. I hate all the pubs in greenock. It's well dodgy