Steak Bridies Next Season

Norman

Over 15k at tonight's game.

and that was with the game being live on the telly as well. I know there was a cup final ticket incentive in going last night but you very rarely get 15,000 at Easter Road when the Infirm go visiting there which is another boot in the Georgie Daws for all those pundits that say the game would die if Rankgers were sent packing. By any reckoning teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Und would be regularly getting crowds of 10,000 and above if they were challenging for Europe every season

Edited by Lindau

and that was with the game being live on the telly as well. I know there was a cup final ticket incentive in going last night but you very rarely get 15,000 at Easter Road when the Infirm go visiting there which is another boot in the Georgie Daws for all those pundits that say the game would die if Rankgers were sent packing. By any reckoning teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Und would be regularly getting crowds of 10,000 and above if they were challenging for Europe every season

It also shows that there is a real problem with the product beeing offered to the football fan in Scotland. Compare Edinburgh to Sheffield, a city of a similar size (population) and hosting 2 senior clubs. Wednesday's average attendance was 21,336 this year while United averaged 18,702. And that was with both clubs in the 3rd tier ! Looking further down, Luton managed to average of 6,111 in the Blue Square premier. That would put them 7th in the SPL attendance table, above Motherwell and Kilmarnock who would benefit from "the massive OF travelling support". We desparately need a radical shakeup of the product on offer or supporters will continue to drift away and if ever there was a chance to grab the bull by the horns, this is it.

"Football is a game before being a product, a sport before being a market, a show before being a business."

Shamelessly lifted this from Twitter but for me it speaks volumes about how our game has got into the state that it has. Away from this mindset, go we must (with apologies to Yoda Jag).

And people complain about Livi...

Fife is the bowels of Scotland.

Despite being no fan of any of the fife away days they are all still better than Livingstone.

Dunfermline gets pretty lively if you stick around for a few hours after the game and get the last train back.

It also shows that there is a real problem with the product beeing offered to the football fan in Scotland. Compare Edinburgh to Sheffield, a city of a similar size (population) and hosting 2 senior clubs. Wednesday's average attendance was 21,336 this year while United averaged 18,702. And that was with both clubs in the 3rd tier ! Looking further down, Luton managed to average of 6,111 in the Blue Square premier. That would put them 7th in the SPL attendance table, above Motherwell and Kilmarnock who would benefit from "the massive OF travelling support". We desparately need a radical shakeup of the product on offer or supporters will continue to drift away and if ever there was a chance to grab the bull by the horns, this is it.

:innocent2: a glasgow team would be quite a good addition to the product down south. one without the baggage of the old firm...

England has a much bigger population, over 200,000 people live in Luton, only three places in Scotland have a bigger population. Comparing the English and Scottish Leagues makes no sense barring them being our neighbours.

And people complain about Livi...

Fife is the bowels of Scotland.

Hmm East Neuk or Livingston, East Neuk or Livingston, hmm. I think I'll take the East Neuk mate. St.Andrews, Elie, Pittenweem, St.Monan's, Kinghorn, Anstruther even Bunrtisland, all light years ahead of the pish that is served up in Livingston.

• 2 months later...

The bridies were fine before the game, but by half time they were often burnt and dried out. Just like Thistle's pies in fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best pies were at Alloa, and where are we this saturday? I bet they'll be pish now.

The bridies were fine before the game, but by half time they were often burnt and dried out. Just like Thistle's pies in fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best pies were at Alloa, and where are we this saturday? I bet they'll be pish now.

Were you at the friendly with Alloa, Alan? Just I usually have a pie and I mind getting a sausage & bacon roll instead. That was good value at £1.50 and also the lentil soup was no bad.