Guarantees, Sky & The "new" Team From Govan - A Cynic's View

CCjag

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick to death with this whole fiasco. This is the first time in a number of years that I, and many others, have felt quite optimistic about our chances of pushing for promotion and now our chairman is welcoming these cheats into our league with open arms where they will continue to make a mockery of competition. The whole of Scottish football is absolutely, utterly rotten to the core.

There seems to be this notion that Scottish football doesn't want Rangers which isn't true. What I, and most others want, is fair punishment, the same penalties that would be dished out to us if we had committed similar offences.

I don't care what financial benefits we could gain from having Rangers in the First Division - I value sporting integrity higher than commercial and financial opportunism, something that appears lost on our chairman.

Edited by Armand2

I'm sick to death with this whole fiasco. This is the first time in a number of years that I, and many others, have felt quite optimistic about our chances of pushing for promotion and now our chairman is welcoming these cheats into our league with open arms where they will continue to make a mockery of competition. The whole of Scottish football is absolutely, utterly rotten to the core.

There seems to be this notion that Scottish football doesn't want Rangers which isn't true. What I, and most others want, is fair punishment, the same penalties that would be dished out to us if we had committed similar offences.

I don't care what financial benefits we could gain from having Rangers in the First Division - I value sporting integrity higher than commercial and financial opportunism, something that appears lost on our chairman.

If it had been us or any other team outwith NEWCO and Smeltik we would know our Div 3 fixtures by now!!

I emailed our chairman yesterday and also sent a message to the clubs Facebook just to give them a little heads up that this WILL undo all the good work being done at the club if they dont speak out NOW, as yet no reply and if our chairman supports this idea me +1 will never return to Scottish football.

Spoke to a friend this morning in work who is a massive Rangers fan and regularly in Ibrox meeting people. According to him it's a done deal that they will be in the 1st division next season and they are taking Dunfermlines place and fixtures. :thumbdown: He also said that they had reached an agreement that they will have their own TV deal as well (didnt elaborate on how and who with). I was too busy ranting about how any new club should have to apply to rejoin the league and start from Div 3 to really debate any of his points. :yellow_card: He finished the conversation with "I'll see you at Ibrox on the 18th August".

Obviously this is all hearsay and I'm only telling you what he told me so dont shoot me down or throw abuse in my direction. :frantic: Have to say though he has always been spot on with Rangers stuff in the past.

I wish I had a pound for every supposed "done deal" during this saga. "I can't believe it's not Rangers" are in no possition to make or accept "done deals", their fate is outwith their own hands. What is fast becoming apparent to the football authorities is that they have to listen to the fans, and the fans are unanimous in their desire to see Rangers treated like any other team. Even the media are starting to catch on that the real story will come out through the internet and their propoganda is seen for exactly what it is.

I think that most supporters would be willing to accept Rangers back in SFL3, but only if it was via a fair application against other ambitions junior clubs (eg Spartans). Anything else and Scottish Football will loose fans permanently and the cost of that may well be more than the cost of loosing Rangers for good.

I emailed our chairman yesterday and also sent a message to the clubs Facebook just to give them a little heads up that this WILL undo all the good work being done at the club if they dont speak out NOW, as yet no reply and if our chairman supports this idea me +1 will never return to Scottish football.

Looks like we need an urgent response if this quote from Longmuir is right. Is this the same guy who said a couple of days ago that there was NO mechanism to parachute a NEWCO straight into Div 1!!!

David Longmuir, the SFL chief executive, sent a circular to all 30 of his clubs yesterday, effectively asking them to be ready to be called to a meeting at short notice to discuss the Rangers scenario. "We will be doing nothing without their involvement because that comes first," Longmuir told Herald Sport. "Their involvement could be needed at fairly short notice, but we have it in our rules that we can call a meeting quite quickly. We have to do the right thing for the game here as well as protecting the interests of the SPL. All we're looking to do is see if there is a solution that the SFL can accommodate. If so it will be done in the best interests of the SFL and the game."

I

Many of us have already bought season tickets for next season, believing that we can put in a genuine challenge for promotion. If the whole competition is changed at the last minute to accommodate the defunct h u n s, I for one will be asking for a refund. And if I don't get it, then I will never buy another season ticket.

I'm in the same position as you - I've asked for my money to be refunded. Any future purchase will depend entirely on the outcome of this affair.

They may not want to refund money - in which case I'm more than happy to pursue via both Paypal and my credit card company which can also result in considerably more problems for the club than a refusal to refund.

But the line that what we are buying is changed irrevocably by any decision to include Rangers is a good one.

I missed a number of games last year for varying reasons and the world didn't stop spinning on its' axis. Times are such that not going to Firhill isn't such a leap as it used to be. Beattie needs to think about what will happen in future once (and if) Rangers get back up to the top division.

I wish I had a pound for every supposed "done deal" during this saga. "I can't believe it's not Rangers" are in no possition to make or accept "done deals", their fate is outwith their own hands. What is fast becoming apparent to the football authorities is that they have to listen to the fans, and the fans are unanimous in their desire to see Rangers treated like any other team. Even the media are starting to catch on that the real story will come out through the internet and their propoganda is seen for exactly what it is.

We always used to see the media as a bit of a joke but what the last year has shown that they are not just sycophantic pseudo journalists but actually (with 1 or 2 honourable exceptions) totally incompetent and very much just propaganda churners who might as well as been in the pay of the Old Firm (especially Rangers). Though why pay them of course when they do it for nothing?

Similarly for the bodies that supposedly run Scottish football. They've dithered and procrastinated, afraid to take any action and hoping it would sort itself out and in the end have had to be almost forced (by circumstances and fan pressure) to take action. Even now some of them will be hoping to find a way out that keeps the newco in SPL or Div 1 at worst.

The irony is that had there been any integrity in the media or the SFA/SPL Rangers although damaged and punished, might not have taken the hit they have (Liquidation and humiliation) or aroused such anger. They might have gone into administration a year or more earlier, been hurt and punished but still been a viable and fairly strong SPL team**. Now they've been ripped apart and to some extent the ignorance, laziness, incompetence and blind monkey attitude of the media and football authorities have contributed to that.

** Assuming they were able to do a deal with HMRC

Leaving the e-mails to Beattie to the side for a moment, is anyone else worried that there could be a scenario where , in a sense it is out of the hands of First Division chairmen?

They say no to a newco but some way or another the SPL or whoever somehow manage to push it through in some way or the other. Or am I just being paranoid?

Leaving the e-mails to Beattie to the side for a moment, is anyone else worried that there could be a scenario where , in a sense it is out of the hands of First Division chairmen?

They say no to a newco but some way or another the SPL or whoever somehow manage to push it through in some way or the other. Or am I just being paranoid?

I think you are probably correct, which is why, in my opinion, we should have kept a low profile on the matter.

i don't see how that could happen mate... the sfl is not the same as the spl, it has different rules and a different governing body.

a vote of members must be taken.

the only reasonable option is for newco to apply to the 3rd.

even if they get their points total removed and rangers are relegated to the first and dunfy allowed to stay up. the newco should not be allowed to take the place of relegated rangers in the first.

Was thinking this too- or similarly if Thistle come out and say we're definitely voting no, but get outvoted and the zombies end up playing us next season. Our own conscience would be clear but I'm still not sure I could go and watch an effectively rigged competition.

The only way I can see that happening is if New Govan do an Airdrie Utd and buy a 1st division side.

The club need to speak out NOW.

Funny - I don't agree. I'd rather they kept their powder dry until something definitive happens.

At the moment there are all sorts of hypothetical situations being described, and it would be all too easy for something to be taken wildly out of context. Deal with the facts.

There can be no doubt they'll have got the message about the (virtually) unanimous rejection of a deal to parachute New Govan into the top tier of the current SFL structure.

They could get Rangers into Division 1 without involving the SFL quite simply by allowing the Newco to rejoin the SPL with an immediate sanction of relegation.

I don't think that's possible, for all sorts of reasons. Rangers don't exist as a going concern (the club in liquidation still has a share but isn't going to be involved in football/ business any more). The only thing they could do with the New Govan club would be to expel them, or not accept the transfer of the share. The last option, given the public statements of the last few days, is a virtual certainty.

Funny - I don't agree. I'd rather they kept their powder dry until something definitive happens.

It's a pity that DB decided that that wasn't a good option, and came out with some shoit in the paper yesterday, isn't it...

he's made statements in the press... he now needs to clarify if they were out of context etc... otherwise, you could see a freeze on season ticket purchases... when they are the lifeblood of our survival right now, sitting silent is not an option for Beattie.

It's a pity that DB decided that that wasn't a good option, and came out with some shoit in the paper yesterday, isn't it...

he's made statements in the press... he now needs to clarify if they were out of context etc... otherwise, you could see a freeze on season ticket purchases... when they are the lifeblood of our survival right now, sitting silent is not an option for Beattie.

He doesn't appear to have changed his opinion overnight...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/from-jags-to-riches-partick-thistle-chief-admits-rangers-trade-off.17951391