If The Worst Happens...

What then? Even if Thistle vote against it, it could still happen.

I think that the clubs that oppose it could make a very strong point...

Let's face it, the only reason that they would be in Div 1 is because the SPL want them back ASAP and expect them to win the league. Let's give them that.

Immediately after KO against Newco is every game, the opposition should just walk off. 3-0 Newco - everybody is happy. It would highlight the farcical sense of 'competition'.

Only problem with this is the fans who turned up would be out of pocket (I mean Div 1 fans - don't care about Newco fans).

The other thing, is for ALL Div 1 fans to walk out at some point (maybe with 12 mins to go - Club 12 and all that) - I honestly think that with the current level of anger around that this would result in total walkout - again, would highlight the nonsense.

I don't want to damage Thistle but we need to show the ridiculous nature of these measures - if they want our game to be a farce, let's give them one.

At this moment in time I get the impression it'll be us that'll be subject to a fans boycott.

As an aside, if I don't give up entirely, I've long been a critic of the way Morton treat away fans but I'm willing to waive my objections and squeeze my way into the Wendy Stand in support of their action. Likewise I'll keep my gob shut about soullessness of visiting the Falkirk Stadium and btw Kirkcaldy's a lovely town. Half hoping tho' that Livingston vote in favour of newco :)

At this moment in time I get the impression it'll be us that'll be subject to a fans boycott.

As an aside, if I don't give up entirely, I've long been a critic of the way Morton treat away fans but I'm willing to waive my objections and squeeze my way into the Wendy Stand in support of their action. Likewise I'll keep my gob shut about soullessness of visiting the Falkirk Stadium and btw Kirkcaldy's a lovely town. Half hoping tho' that Livingston vote in favour of newco :)

You know what, a carrot could be better than a stick. What would we do if the best happens ? Could we all get to more home games ? Could we all get to more away games to teams that say No ?

You know what, a carrot could be better than a stick. What would we do if the best happens ? Could we all get to more home games ? Could we all get to more away games to teams that say No ?

Totally agree. I've bought 2 new season tickets & took out a larger advert in the programme as I was so optimistic about the season ahead - even though I know I won't be able to go all that often.

If Newco hit the 3rd Div or even disappear, I think there will be a significant increase in gates in the 1st Div next season. Hopefully Thistle will do well - even if we don't win it, a chance coming into the last few weeks of the season would do me!

As I said, I don't want to hurt Thistle, just highlight the nonsense IF it happens.

Walk outs mean nothing. Once you've paid your cash the money don't give a ****. I couldn't think of a more ineffective way of making a point. I do feel some degree of sympathy for you given what it seems you have spent on the club over the summer, more than the vast majority of fans will have. I'd personally be kicking up fcuk for a refund if they bend over for newco.

Walk outs mean nothing. Once you've paid your cash the money don't give a ****. I couldn't think of a more ineffective way of making a point. I do feel some degree of sympathy for you given what it seems you have spent on the club over the summer, more than the vast majority of fans will have. I'd personally be kicking up fcuk for a refund if they bend over for newco.

I think it could be very effective IF (note the big IF) everybody does it.

I'm happy to spend the £ as I want Thistle to succeed and to be fair, the fans have supported the bars since day 1.

Anyway, I honestly think that we will say NO. Just a hunch...