Crank Up The Pressure

Not sure that this is the media's fault twinny. Full blame lies with the SPHell, it appears to be them issueing the ultimatum. What we need here is all the SFL clubs knocking this back and then SPHell 2 will consist of NEWCO and COWDENBEATH

I wasn't laying blame with the media per se, more that the media appear to support Sevco's entry at a high level, and are pushing the idea it is likely to happen. I'd love to see a piece comparing Rangers demise with that of other clubs that have gone bust, and Airdrieonians in particular where a potential buyer wanted to set up a newco but couldn't transfer league membership as it would set a HORRENDOUS precedent. I'd also like to see a story summarising the actual rules (i.e. no transfer of league membership, application to rejoin at bottom of SFL, necessary accounts that must be in place) rather than pushing the "SCOTTISH FOOTBALL NEEDS RANGERS IN SPL SFL1" stories.

We have to come out with a statement saying we refuse to accept these proposals.

What would be even better if the statement was signed by loads of clubs at once instead of invdividual clubs making their own statement , say us Falikrk Raith and Morton put out a statement sayign we wont deal with an organisation that resorting to bribery corruption and bullying to get its way it would have a lot more effect IMO.

Cmon Thistle do the right thing and you will get every one of us backing you 100% no matter what happens eventually but we have to take a stand now.

Totally agree Junior the club need to come out and say no and I'd back them 100%

At the moment I'm wishing I hadn't been so quick in renewing my season ticket and taking out my player sponsorship. I'd been looking forward to the start of the season but with all this crap going on I'm rapidly thinking what's the point in going - the games corrupt , fans are just treated like shit and contempt

Tell the SPL to shove their proposal - in two years time when they are going bust they might realise you don't piss off the fans

I'm likely to get shot down in flames here but....

The way I see it, there will never be a better opportunity to negotiate a radical transformation of Scottish football in the favour of the non-SPL clubs. The SFL have Rangers, the SPL, and the SFA, by the bollox. This will NEVER happen again.

Let me be clear, I'm utterly disgusted by the idea that Rangers could be parachuted into Div 1. However, out of adversity comes opportunity, and there is a real opportunity for the SFL clubs to negotiate a good deal for themselves and the fans. There will always be a Rangers in some form. And, unfortunately, they will always be at the top of the tree in Scotland. The decision comes down to "what can we do in the interests of changing the game?" vs "how painfully can we punish Rangers?" I believe the pain for Rangers will be similar whether they go to Div 1 or Div 3. But the benefits to Thistle could come from the carrot of Div 1.

I fear that if the SFL voted in favour of demoting Rangers to Div 3 then the chance would be lost.

I'm likely to get shot down in flames here but....

The way I see it, there will never be a better opportunity to negotiate a radical transformation of Scottish football in the favour of the non-SPL clubs. The SFL have Rangers, the SPL, and the SFA, by the bollox. This will NEVER happen again.

Let me be clear, I'm utterly disgusted by the idea that Rangers could be parachuted into Div 1. However, out of adversity comes opportunity, and there is a real opportunity for the SFL clubs to negotiate a good deal for themselves and the fans. There will always be a Rangers in some form. And, unfortunately, they will always be at the top of the tree in Scotland. The decision comes down to "what can we do in the interests of changing the game?" vs "how painfully can we punish Rangers?" I believe the pain for Rangers will be similar whether they go to Div 1 or Div 3. But the benefits to Thistle could come from the carrot of Div 1.

I fear that if the SFL voted in favour of demoting Rangers to Div 3 then the chance would be lost.

What concerns me is that we will get the fairer revenue split and the additional play off place and whatever else they offer us at the minute when it suits them, give it a couple of years when Sevco are back in the SPL and we will have another restructure and take it all back off us!

We can't trust the SPL to do what's best for the game!

If this apparent proposal is approved it will be just for a couple of seasons. Once newco got into Spl then OF/Spl would quickly reinstate voting structure / league structure with similar sort of blackmail / bribery being offered to SFL today ...... Back to square one but SFL clubs would have been used / shafted to get newco into Spl in one season..... With one major difference, lots of fans would have been lost to the game.

If this apparent proposal is approved it will be just for a couple of seasons. Once newco got into Spl then OF/Spl would quickly reinstate voting structure / league structure with similar sort of blackmail / bribery being offered to SFL today ...... Back to square one but SFL clubs would have been used / shafted to get newco into Spl in one season..... With one major difference, lots of fans would have been lost to the game.

Couldn't agree more, come on Thistle say no to Newco.

Edited by stillresigned

People saying they will not buy season tickets and stop supporting the club is all a bit over the top. At the very least Rangers as a football club will continue in some shape or form and unfortunately due to their history and size they along with Celtic do have a unique and powerful presence in the game. If they drop to Div1 and we manage to get better money, structure out of it then we may have to play the political game and go down the path. Rangers are going to be weakened with all their players leaving, I have my doubts on Ally McCoist as a manager and we would get good cash from the games so who knows they would get promoted. In England Leeds, Middlesborough, Leicester were bust but kept going on. They should be punished yes but we need to keep a bit of decorum, pride and calm as our thirst for revenge and pain needs to be kept in check.

People saying they will not buy season tickets and stop supporting the club is all a bit over the top. At the very least Rangers as a football club will continue in some shape or form and unfortunately due to their history and size they along with Celtic do have a unique and powerful presence in the game. If they drop to Div1 and we manage to get better money, structure out of it then we may have to play the political game and go down the path. Rangers are going to be weakened with all their players leaving, I have my doubts on Ally McCoist as a manager and we would get good cash from the games so who knows they would get promoted. In England Leeds, Middlesborough, Leicester were bust but kept going on. They should be punished yes but we need to keep a bit of decorum, pride and calm as our thirst for revenge and pain needs to be kept in check.

We don't need to be that cheap. Change will come slowly but it will come.

We have survived without Rangers and we don't need the new Sevco - it will only gives a cash injection for a season so why does it matter?.

Sevco for division 3 - simple as that! No to newco!

Many fains have said the will continue to support thistle but miss out any team that vote yes, how many other fans are looking at us and saying the same thing. Just say no and i am 100% with thistle no matter the outcome.

Just made that point elsewhere.

It would be heartbreaking to think of the club we love being thought of as the Yuill and Dodds of the 1st Division.

Yup and it will be made up with the teams that vote yes. Anyone voting no will be consigned to the backwaters of Scottish football. Well thats my reading anyway TBBH I would rather the club joined Clydebank in the junior leagues than have any part in this huge cover up!!

Jesus wept. Can it get any worse than six or seven seasons of playing QoS and Livingston five and six times a year? :frantic:

One of the big reasons we're in this mess is because fans people are happy to leave their morals behind for a short term financial gain. Also, the likes of Middlesbrough and Leicester changed their name in the age before governing bodies started dishing out punishments and financial mis-management wasn't so prevalent. Leeds United suffered two relegations and two points deductions because of their financial mis-management, I don't remember the FL, FA or the PL changing the goal posts to get them back into the top league just because of their reputation.

...we need to keep a bit of decorum, pride and calm as our thirst for revenge and pain needs to be kept in check.

Sorry, I don't think this is about 'revenge'. Revenge for what? Because we dislike them? I dislike most other football teams, doesn't mean I want to destroy them. Rangers destroyed themselves, through secret deals and trying to hide from HMRC. You dip the till and get caught - it's not revenge to get sacked. I think there's a vast difference between revenge and justice - and then becoming a whore is a different thing entirely.

One of the big reasons we're in this mess is because fans people are happy to leave their morals behind for a short term financial gain. Also, the likes of Middlesbrough and Leicester changed their name in the age before governing bodies started dishing out punishments and financial mis-management wasn't so prevalent. Leeds United suffered two relegations and two points deductions because of their financial mis-management, I don't remember the FL, FA or the PL changing the goal posts to get them back into the top league just because of their reputation.

Thanks for this, had several Zombie Rangers fans ask me about this and Ive never been quite clear on what to say as I didnt know too much about the Leeds and Middlesbrough situations.

It can indeed.....you want to play East Stirling etc 5/6 times a season???

if that happens, so be it. But we must vote NO.

Have already bought our season tickets (2) wont be going to any games involving the cheats.

Feel really sick about all this. (and very very angry) :angry2:

Guess it'll be Scotland rugby that get's my support now.

Very hard to walk away from Jags,but why oh why so quite from Firhill???? :angry3:

its not about revenge its about making sure the sme rules are applied to Zombie Rangers that would be applied to us if we were in the same situation.

The blatant lies and bribery from the SPL show that the fans have them fighting for theri survival, the more pressure we put on our clubs the better the outcome for all clubs IMO.

Where you reading that DD ? Ive heard from a few people that this will be kicked striaght out and passed off as ramblings of a madman and blamed on Longmuir.

All of them (longmuir, Regan and Dongcaster) need to be told to GTFO and give the reigns of Scottish football to Jim Spence , Stuart Cosgrove and Turnbull Hutton from Raith. They are some of the few people who managed to grasp what fans want to happen and spoken vociferously about it.

All of them (longmuir, Regan and Dongcaster) need to be told to GTFO and give the reigns of Scottish football to Jim Spence , Stuart Cosgrove and Turnbull Hutton from Raith. They are some of the few people who managed to grasp what fans want to happen and spoken vociferously about it.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Where you reading that DD ? Ive heard from a few people that this will be kicked striaght out and passed off as ramblings of a madman and blamed on Longmuir.

Sorry. A Typo in my anger which has been corrected. It is the SFA and SFL have distanced themselves. Longmuir has publicly said that no agreement has been reached. Milne has publicly said that NewCo should apply to SFL like any other club and acording to other forums, Regan has said that they were no party to the document that was sent to clubs.

Doncaster must go. He has no clue about the feelings of his members or their supporters

Ogilvy must go as he is complicit in the EBT scheme

Longmuir is close to joining them. Wearing the RFFF badge is close to unforgivable, but he has made some statements that stand upto the SPL

Regan may be able to save himself. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he is in a very difficult political game and still has a chance to get the decision right