More Nonsense In The Daily Record Today

gianlucatoni

Rangers in crisis: SFL insider reveals 20 clubs could go to the

wall if they don't accept newco into their ranks

... so screams the headline in the daily rangers record today with objective quotes from the EBT champion walter 'walk away' smith

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/02/rangers-in-crisis-sfl-insider-reveals-20-clubs-could-go-the-wall-if-they-don-t-accept-newco-into-their-ranks-86908-23903342/

interesting to read that both stenny and alloa sensibly lobbying for the SFL meeting tomorrow cancelled until they see what's happening with the SPL on wednesday.

I actually don't think the article is bad. It starts off with the normal scaremongering and bullying from the defunct h u n s and their supporters, but then states the immorality of letting them into the SFL. A decent enough summary.

No it actually uses the common journo trick of putting the 'honest' stuff down at the bottom so it isn't read or is only read after all the lies have been absorbed first and overwhelm your average reader who goes away with the impression the lies must be the truth because they filled up the main space (or at least the space they bother to read) - and the headline.

So the journo claims he has been 'even-handed' when in fact he ought to have been pointing out that none of the guff Smith and the football authorities have been coming out with are true or at best wildly exaggerated.

EDIT: Actually given that, on re-reading it the bit at the bottom does have some very good points in it - if they'd made that more prominent it would have been a decent article.

Edited by Mr Bunny

No it actually uses the common journo trick of putting the 'honest' stuff very briefly and down at the bottom so it isn't read or is only read after all the lies have been absorbed first and overhwelm your average reader who goes away with the impression the lies must be the truth because they filled up so much space.

Never a truer word spoken :thumbsup2:

actually I think you're talking a load of shite

If you think yesterdays was bad have a look at todays!! Cant find a link to the story but they are reporting that the SPHell clubs might have a change of heart and allow them into SPHell. Scottish football is dead in the water if this happens!!

But no play-offs or additional income for the 1st division. Just confirming what we all knew, they don't give a monkeys about clubs outwith the SPL. It's no surprise, just makes the proposals they are trying to force upon us ridiculous.

If I was the SFL I would be saying Div 3 or nothing , sort out yer own mess.

From the soundbytes from Turnbull Hutton on his way into the meeting it could be a cracker to listen in to , comments about being lied to , corruption and bullying. Just the words that need to be said to that bunch of ******s running the SPL

Scare mongering journalism at it's very best by James Traynor.

I can only imagine the fans of the SPL clubs telling them just now that if they change their mind then their season tickets- purchased only last week for many- will be going back leaving many of them in financial problems.

The scenario is this:

Vote Newco Rangers back into SPL they get their money & lose their fans (like us, probably for good).

Vote no to Newco and they keep the increase in revenue they gained by their initial 'no' & SKY money still being something this season and SPL prize through the sponsors remaining the same.

I can't see the SPL chairman changing their mind. In fact, the longer it goes on I can see a scenario where Newco are not playing anywhere this season, restructuring taking place for the following season with a Newco (& others probably including ourselves) in an SPL2.

The SFL1 plan looks dead in the water with another couple of clubs coming out this morning against it.

I'm lead to believe yesterday's players meeting at Ibrox was to do with certain players, Wallace included, who indicated they would transfer the contract to Newco but only if it was SFL1/SPL or SPL2. If it's in SFL3 then a good few of them are for the off. I would I imagine if there was nowhere to go next season they'd all be off as the club wouldn't have any income so they can't pay their wages!

Now that would be a shame. ;)

Nowhere to go but then cheats never & should never prosper.

Are you listening PTFC BoD?

Edited by Trotter

Fact or fiction? Probably the later, another attempt by the DR to drive their agenda. But if the SPL did perform a u turn of gigantic proportions then I hope their fans desert them and the likes of Killie, MWell etc go bust but unlike newco they have to start again in div3. Poetic.

Although my money is on fan power winning and newco in div3. Otherwise football is dead in this country.

So if it's every club just doing what's best for itself should PTFC not be in favour of newco to the 3rd Div? We still get the newco revenue two years later and meantime the lower SPL clubs struggle severely bringing them at least down to our financial level.

Putting boycotts aside I've struggled to grasp the true financial benefit these pseudo gangsters are offering. OK if the 96% of us went along with this nonsense we'd maybe be on a stronger financial footing but so would each and every one of our rivals. Clubs in the SPL like Killie. St Mirren etc would still be proportionately stronger than us, indeed the gap would likely be bigger than today. We'd then have to spend more to compete and hey presto we're back to where we are now.

Feel obliged to add that above should have absolutely no bearing on outcome and today's meeting shouldn't even be taking place. There is nothing to discuss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/3251514.stm

Chic Young back in 2002, oh how times change:

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

Stole that from P&B. Someone should pin it at the top of the forum.

The promise of Newco if accepted into the SPL.

● Back SPL voting reform which would destroy the Old Firm’s voting power.

● Rangers must approve and support a more equitable SPL income distribution which would cut payments to the Old Firm.

● Rangers must accept a points deduction.

● They also have to agree to pay all UK and European football debts.

● The transfer embargo they had overturned in the Court of Session must remain.

● A public apology must be made and Rangers must also accept responsibility for past misdemeanours.

Now, given the beyond skeletal squad they have, how the hell are they gona compete at the top level of Scottish football? Their current squad needs to be supplemented by kids and there will be a points deduction...so are they just gona scrap relegation and promotion next season then?

Edited by Steven H

If I was the SFL I would be saying Div 3 or nothing , sort out yer own mess.

From the soundbytes from Turnbull Hutton on his way into the meeting it could be a cracker to listen in to , comments about being lied to , corruption and bullying. Just the words that need to be said to that bunch of ******s running the SPL

That's the worst of it, isn't it? Suddenly it's every other team's mess. That's one reason I'm really p*ssed off at the SFA.

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/3251514.stm

Chic Young back in 2002, oh how times change:

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

Stole that from P&B. Someone should pin it at the top of the forum.

I think a line of t shirts would be more appropriate - and a billboard poster campaign along the M8.