Just In...

Watson Towers

decent work-out. Considering it was just a pre-season, there was a good pace about the game, especially in the first half.

Stuart Bannigan played a great game, first half at LB then at left mid. Nobody else really shown, although Paton was good and Archie very commanding.

Crowd maybe 300, perhaps 2/3 Jags.

Thought I saw Rowser limping off right at the end though - is that a worry?

Finally, for what it's worth, Cairney was there. I was a total wee guy and wished him all the best for next year.

Edited by Watson Towers

Should have won by more. Lawless looks like a decent player. Sean Welsh was good running at the opposition. I think i encountered the loudest speakers in scottish football in alloa's main stand. My ears are still recovering. Some of their fouling was awful. Saw the ref told the alloa player to be subbed becuase he would have sent him off in a compeitive game.

I enjoyed that! What a blinder by the Alloa goalie in the second half. I thought Thistle looked well drilled throughout; busy on the attack and solid in defence. I agree with the OP - Stuart shone. I wasn't sure about the fracas or why the referee 'advised' an Alloa player to leave the field. Does anyone have a take on that?

Boycott off :P

Only kidding. I was working, otherwise I'd have gone myself. Bad memories of that ground, sorry good memories. Last game that Sandra was in charge :lol:

Any protestations? Team meetings?

Edited by jagfox

I enjoyed that! What a blinder by the Alloa goalie in the second half. I thought Thistle looked well drilled throughout; busy on the attack and solid in defence. I agree with the OP - Stuart shone. I wasn't sure about the fracas or why the referee 'advised' an Alloa player to leave the field. Does anyone have a take on that?

I think he was verbally abusing the ref and would have been red carded. Ref tried very hard to get the guy subbed and save the embarrassment. Hartley seemed awfy slow on the uptake but eventually coottoned on

Score and scorers please?

Lawless & Sinclair and Munn(?)

2-1 Thistle (Lawless and Sinclair) (and a wee, toaty, 12 year old looking kid for Alloa)

Could have been 5 or 6, if Thistle hadn't missed a few sitters.

That wee wain nearly broke Sinclair's leg. Their goalie was excellent and I liked their No 9 (some engine) despite his wrestling exhibition with Bannigan.

Promising start for a pre-season friendly. In control throughout and generally knocked the ball about well barring a spell midway through the second half where it became a bit scrappy.

Murray may have only played the first 45, though left me with the impression he will be a key player for us this season.

It was good to see Cairney at the game, he will be missed this season particularly for the goals he gave us from midfield. At the same time I think we will be a stronger side this season with the younger players having that extra years experience together with the new arrivals.

The one area of concern is up front as we started off where we left off last season passing up on some great chances... if 'wearethistle' are sponsoring a player or two this season, suggest we skip on the strips and concentrate on buying shooting boots instead.