Latest Proposals

scotty

So the latest document sent to SFL clubs is giving us play-offs this coming season and a 14 team top league the following.

Who else thinks that this is only being offered to see where sevco finish at the end of the season? Does anyone believe that if the spl get their cash cow back we'll get anything?

The last line of the BBC report is telling.

"Regan was also an advocate of a 10-team SPL."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time an offer like this has come up I've said unless time is taken to have proper negotiations and make sure a carefully thought out system is in place with cast-iron contracts - all of which would need months so forget letting them in - otherwise you're liable to end up being conned. (Well not my exact words but the sentiments).

Of course the problem for all these guys is that if they don't get in this year there won't be a place for them next year - unless another massive fix is made allowing the SPL to play a team short.

I'm getting to the stage of putting Newco nowhere and sending Regan and the rest a copy of the message from Pressdram in Arkell vs Pressdram. The annoying thing is they are trying to foist on us something that could be a real disaster (unless HMRC, BDO liquidators and a judge are in on the fix as well).

Edited by Mr Bunny

I can see the play-offs now. One up, one down and then 10 and 11 in the spl play sevco live on TV at Ibrox with sevco going up and the other two relegated. (no matter who wins)

Or something 'fishy' being uncovered in other teams accounts, thus letting the 7th placed Sevco to be promoted.

Wouldn't surprise me.

The Blueprint

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11476

A committee will be formed to decide on a way forward by 30th November. The details are minimal.

We're right back to square one, the Henry McLeish report of 2010 all over. Farcical. Only a year ago too, Doncaster and Regan wanted a 10 team top league, how times change. :rolleyes:

The Blueprint

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11476

A committee will be formed to decide on a way forward by 30th November. The details are minimal.

We're right back to square one, the Henry McLeish report of 2010 all over. Farcical. Only a year ago too, Doncaster and Regan wanted a 10 team top league, how times change. :rolleyes:

So in effect vote Newco into SFL1 & they'll set up a 'working party'.

The words 'Leap of Faith' come to mind.

How well has that served us previously?

I await with interest our BoDs reaction. Surely here will be a statement forthcoming to their customers/potential customers.

Still a large pile of nothing no matter how much the try to dress it up. Some vague "promises".

Reads to me that no matter what way the SFL clubs vote this year the SFA will do its own thing next year and really **** everyone over to get ZombieRangers back into the top flight.

Edit:

Gives every team an "out" for this year by allowing them to vote ZombieRangers into SFL3. SFA then do a reorg next summer and place the teams wherever they want them.

Quite clever actually but really really cynical, or is that just me thats thought of that ?

Edited by Junior

If I thought for one minute these proposals were devised for the good of the game I might have supported them. However, given that the very people i.e. Doncaster and Reagan who derided similar proposals last year in favour of a ten team SPL; I am minded to consider this the latest in a line of ill thought out concepts whose prime attribute is to have Rangers back in their accustomed place ASAP. Cynicism and wrong-headed pragmatism at its worst!

The BBC is reporting this as a little more concrete. The working party is mentioned, but as a mechanism to work out how best to put in place the playoffs this season, then the 14 team SPL, then the 16 team SPL. I share the concerns voiced above that the SPL might renege, but if I was convinced that a 16 team SPl was firmly agreed and would definitely happen, I would be in favour of this as an outcome. The disreputable, embarrassing newco can squat in SFL1 if it means that the game is given the league structure that it obviously needs (i.e. a bigger top tier). Roses grow from cow shit, after all.

That's just my opinion, of course, and I expect that most folk here will stick to the SFL3 and no exceptions view!

Press Statement

Joint statement on behalf of the Scottish FA, Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League

The Scottish FA, the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League have, for the past two years, been involved in a series of discussions at Board level with the objective of securing radical and co-ordinated reconstruction of the game in this country.

During this time we have done nothing as teams outside the SPL were seen as meaningless... however

Today, we are asking clubs to consider a package of reforms which have the potential to rejuvenate Scottish football at senior level and safeguard its future at a time when uncertainty and fear prevail.

As you are aware the SPL decided to expel the club previously known as Rangers however we want them back as soon as possible, so today we are acting. Once they are back where they belong - and we will get them back - we will then change the rules again. We thank you for assisting us to look after ourselves and are sure the non SPL clubs will understand that a radical overhaul will be required next season to ensure the continued strength of Scottish football.

Please choose one of the following to vote: YES / YES

In an ideal world there is no connection between where to stick the Gers and league reconstruction, but as the "elite" (and I use that term very loosely!!) have flat refused to expand the SPL in the past in order to continue as a cartel, the fact is that now is the only time SFL clubs will have the leverage to push this through. The leverage comes from newco in Div1 - if they go to Div3 then there's nothing in it for SPL as they won't be getting their cash cow back anytime soon.

Newco being parachuted into Div1 is a nasty prospect but other unsporting things have happened in the recent past - Airdrie eating up Clydebank and teams not getting promoted because of the size of their stadium, for example. This is no worse. My own view (and I am well aware I am in a minority here) is that we, the so-called smaller teams, should be making a solid, unrenegable deal which benefits us and the Scottish league game long term (fairer money share, expanding top league by 4 teams) while we have the chance. I doubt the chance will ever come again, and I for one would be happy if the Rangers/newco cheating had a silver lining.

Last year, SPL clubs considered and eventually rejected plans to reduce the amount of clubs in top league to 10, with chairman Ralph Topping and chief executive Neil Doncaster claiming a 16-team division was not financially viable.

Regan was also an advocate of a 10-team SPL.

Too mind numbing to comment.

If these proposals are for the betterment of the game then they will be offered unconditionally.

If these proposals are offered conditional to Sevco getting a SFL1 place then they will not be for the betterment of the game.

It really is that simple.

Yep

.............My own view (and I am well aware I am in a minority here) is that we, the so-called smaller teams, should be making a solid, unrenegable deal which benefits us and the Scottish league game long term (fairer money share, expanding top league by 4 teams) while we have the chance........

"unrenegable"....? How can you trust anyone on this? They are getting ready to dump their own rules and parachute newco into div 1.... Anything agreed (in concrete or in blood) can / will be binned as soon as newco get back to SPL. It will be business as usual, top 12 or top 10, voting structure back in place to suit OF/SPL and screw the SFL clubs. We will have been used as a vehicle to get the closed shop of SPL back in business. Doncaster and Reagan will be happy and we will have been screwed along with every other club.

It is not even a case of "trusting" these untrustworthy scums, it is plain to see what they want because they have already stated their case until oldco went bust. They want a 10 team SPL. We are going to be USED to facilitate newco into SPL and then our services will no longer be required. Or is it just me?

Just a thought but the statement has been issued jointly by th three governing bodies of Scottish Football.

The SFL clubs take a vote & say 'yes' they'll take the 'leap of faith'.

It has to be added, I genuinely hope they don't as this should be offered unconditionally as Clydebank Jag has said.

However, what happens after that if it is 'yes'?

The committee/working party or whatever it is called isn't set up immediately though Sevco Rovers are admitted to SFL1 immediately.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but is it not possible the SPL clubs with their 11-1 voting system or whatever they may change it to, could say 'no' we don't want a 16 team league. What then?

Remember these clubs want the potential (split dependent) of having 2 home games against the infirm to get their TV income supplemented.

Is protecting theirTV income not the whole idea why they want to shoehorn Sevco Rovers into SFL1?

Why would they be willing to give an extra 4 clubs some of their much needed, according to Doncastet/Regan, income whilst at the same time potentially losing gate income?

Doesn't make sense to me. Still had to be a 'no' vote for me.