Does Anybody Feel Sorry For Newco?

JockinOz

There are many things I could be called but a closet Rangers (who?) fan is not one of them, so you can imagine my surprise if not disgust at beginning to feel a little bit sorry for the once mighty cheating h*ns! I know it could be argued that they won 9 titles by cheating, although I think that is stretching it a bit and the SPL demanding a share of TV rights is incredible! Going bust, demoted to division 3 (possibly), no Europe for a mimimum of 3 years and not allowed to sign players, plus the financial fines, seems to me like a fair punishment.

Now I wouldn't want folk to get the wrong idea, I do find the situation amusing and I am delighted that they are in Division 3(possibly), but the antics of the SPL/SFA have left feeling of something is not right. I don't really think there is any wish to maintain credibility, the guys in charge are looking after their paypackets. Something still stinks!

How come if the signing ban is enforced the "teamformerlyknownasRangers" can sign Kenny Black, Craig Beattie and best of all Robbie "never on a Saturday" Savage"?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The short answer is NO.

The long answer is I will never ever tire of seeing them suffer. The fact that they are trying to sign SPL quality players on £8K a week to play in SFL3 makes me hate them even more than before (and I didn't think that was possible). I wish that they would have the plug pulled and demolition teams moved in to Ibrox. What a glorious sight it would be to see the big wrecking ball being laid into Ibrox.

I'm hoping for a long, slow decline - so much more difficult to reverse. A few more runs-in with HMRC, cash flow shortages, delayed payments to players, etc. would be like a constant drip, drip, drip till the message got home. Of course, giving up Ibrox would be a good milestone on the road to obscurity.

On the other hand, a spectacular forced liquidation in the middle of the first season in Division 3 would also be very satisfying. :thinking:

Nope not at all.

If they had shown some remorse or even issued an apology from someone back when all this shite started then I may (prob about a 0.00001% chance) have had a different view on things but they way they have carried on with the WATP pish and McCoists behaviour towards just about everyone just sums up why everyone in Scottish football hates the ex-club and all it stood for. The new one will be the same but how long will it last before going tits up ?

You are conflating two separate things. Just because the SPL and SFA have been corrupt, incompetent, supine and any number of similar adjectives shouldn't affect what you feel about SevCo.

Sevco are a team wanting to trade on the history of Rangers - well it's a pretty slimy history (proud tradition my backside) so they are welcome to all the feelings that everyone who's not a bear has about them. They are also owned (or part owned or about to be owned or who knows what) by a guy who doesn't give a damn about them either.

The time wasting we're seeing going on is as much down to him (for his own reasons) as much as the SFA/SPL. So, no sympathy.

The short answer is of course, it's perfectly OK to despise SevCo ("The Rangers FC") AND the SFA AND the SPL guys. In fact it's your duty.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Nope, not a chance. Quite the opposite in fact, they are still receiving preferential treatment. Currently they do not qualify for a football registration, but 2 days before they are scheduled to play (how this happened i'll never understand), the are negotiating for the licence. This should be the shortest negotiation in history.

"can we have a licence?"

"nope you don't meet the criteria"

The nonsense of SPL / SFL vote is a smokescreen to allowing them to play at all. We are all being conned if they take the pitch on Sunday.

No.

It's almost certain they'll be granted SFA licence but here's the thing...

If it is found they have cheated, full judgement not been announced yet remember, then Newco should be told these things are a pre-requisite to them getting their membership:

Titles stripped in years where dual contracts/ EBTs were used.

All footballing debts paid off in full.

Signing ban upheld.

No.

It's almost certain they'll be granted SFA licence but here's the thing...

If it is found they have cheated, full judgement not been announced yet remember, then Newco should be told these things are a pre-requisite to them getting their membership:

Titles stripped in years where dual contracts/ EBTs were used.

All footballing debts paid off in full.

Signing ban upheld.

This. The fact they are trying to bargain their way into not losing any titles confuses me. What is giving them leverage in this situation? Are they threatening that if they're stripped of titles then they don't want membership? They might think it's a great way to blackmail the SFA into granting them membership, but really this should just be another reason not to grant them membership.

There are many things I could be called but a closet Rangers (who?) fan is not one of them, so you can imagine my surprise if not disgust at beginning to feel a little bit sorry for the once mighty cheating h*ns! I know it could be argued that they won 9 titles by cheating, although I think that is stretching it a bit and the SPL demanding a share of TV rights is incredible! Going bust, demoted to division 3 (possibly), no Europe for a mimimum of 3 years and not allowed to sign players, plus the financial fines, seems to me like a fair punishment.

Now I wouldn't want folk to get the wrong idea, I do find the situation amusing and I am delighted that they are in Division 3(possibly), but the antics of the SPL/SFA have left feeling of something is not right. I don't really think there is any wish to maintain credibility, the guys in charge are looking after their paypackets. Something still stinks!

How come if the signing ban is enforced the "teamformerlyknownasRangers" can sign Kenny Black, Craig Beattie and best of all Robbie "never on a Saturday" Savage"?

Punishments? Outiwith a £160,000 fine which they haven't paid none of those are punishments.

Those are the result of being a new club.

Absolutely not, if it were possible I think I dislike them even more than I used to.All this crap about what Rangers mean to Scottish footbal,l when the truth is given half a chance they'd be off to England: if only English football was naive enough or desperate enough to take them.

The answer being in the negative on both points, we're stuck with them until we develop enough backbone to shut them down for good.

Now they're saying they'll issue temporary membership for Sunday's game!

What's a temporary membership when it's at home? Spartans ready to go, meet all the criteria & certainly wouldn't be negotiating their membership entry requirements!

What a farce.

Turns out Duff & Phelps haven't even transferred Rangers' share in SPL over to Dundee.

Tell them to get to...

Nope, not a chance. Quite the opposite in fact, they are still receiving preferential treatment. Currently they do not qualify for a football registration, but 2 days before they are scheduled to play (how this happened i'll never understand), the are negotiating for the licence. This should be the shortest negotiation in history.

"can we have a licence?"

"nope you don't meet the criteria"

The nonsense of SPL / SFL vote is a smokescreen to allowing them to play at all. We are all being conned if they take the pitch on Sunday.

This is the real point: if they can show they can survive the season then give them the license. If they can't then don't. If they want to argue the point the tell them GTF. IT's a disgrace that Brechin are being F*cked around like this.

But we're not being conned. We all know the truth, they know we know it too but they don't give a damn.