Ramsden's Cup Draw

After watching the Brechin v Rangers game yesterday, I don't think Falkirk have anything to worry about. We, on the other hand, need to take each game as it comes. I've been following the Jags too long to start talking of cup finals based on who has gone out of, or who is left in competitions we're still involved in. On a good day we can match the best in our game but we all know what happens when we have a bad one.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how despite Rangers being in the north-east section, they got the most south-westerly team they could have drawn.

You could also argue that they got the highest finishing league team still in the competition who have won the Challenge Cup more often than any other team. The tie also clashes with international friendlies so they may have to play without their internationalists, assuming they haven't buggered off by then.

You could also argue that they got the highest finishing league team still in the competition who have won the Challenge Cup more often than any other team. The tie also clashes with international friendlies so they may have to play without their internationalists, assuming they haven't buggered off by then.

Some good points. It's a diddy cup anyway though isn't it.

• 4 weeks later...

Rangers would be a decent draw if the next round is on an international weekend as half of their players would be away. I know they are rotten but I'd still fancy them to beat us with their full team.

Half their players will be away on international duty?

so if "half" their players were away, would they (as someone pointed out in another thread), not just ask for this to be moved to mid-week?

Half their players will be away on international duty?

thinking about they probably wont be, unless levein picks alexander,clubfoot,wallace,black. andy little might be away thats probably it. I did see the brechin and p'head games and they were crap but I still think they're first team is as good as anything in the first, if not the prem division, alexander,bocanegra,black,kyle,mccullochsandaza,shiels etc would