Ramsden's Cup Draw

Will take anywhere with a proper pitch, we're just not used to playing on plastic.

I would take a home tie against Rangers, but it would be better to get them in the final. With the international matches the game would probably be moved to midweek if Rangers were going to be missing anyone, which would hurt the crowd.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the final will be played at Hampden. Last years final was at Livingston.

If Hamilton had still been in I would have put money on us drawing them again. As it is, I have to be pessimistic about something with The Jags, so the least attractive tie left would be Raith away, so I'll bet that is what we get. For a laugh, see how close I am -

Queen of the South v Sevco 5088

Stenhousemuir v Cowdenbeith

Arbroath v East Stirlingshire

Raith Rovers v PartickThistle

thinking about they probably wont be, unless levein picks alexander,clubfoot,wallace,black. andy little might be away thats probably it. I did see the brechin and p'head games and they were crap but I still think they're first team is as good as anything in the first, if not the prem division, alexander,bocanegra,black,kyle,mccullochsandaza,shiels etc would

JOT,

Don't want to take it off topic, but you've basically listed players who would be at best, described as "middle of the road" SPL players.

Not getting carried away, but of all the names you've given

Alexander, Wallace, Bocanegra and Sandaza are the only stand outs that i would add to our squad, even then, Wallace would struggle to get a game.

clubfoot is getting found out.

black everytime he has come up against Shug has been bossed out the game.

kyle is a journey man and on a par with our second string strikers, i'd rather have them.

mcculloch is a thug without an ounce of class or footballing ability.

shiels has maybe had one good season maybe 2. don't know enough about him.

i would love to get them in ANY round, home or away or neutral venue, i'm confident we would beat them. save them for the final. play it at hampden and show them up infront of 40000 of their fans and live TV.

out of curiosity, why Ochilview? I hate that ground

Because I don't get excited for home games in this tournament, because apparently we lose money for home games in this tournament, because it has terracing, because with the game being on a Sunday it is an away game that can still easily be done by train, because we won't be playing either of them 4+ times this season, because we will win.

Because I don't get excited for home games in this tournament, because apparently we lose money for home games in this tournament, because it has terracing, because with the game being on a Sunday it is an away game that can still easily be done by train, because we won't be playing either of them 4+ times this season, because we will win.

Fair enough abt terracing, but its crap behind the goal, a 2 sided ground with a poor atmosphere

I don't think the final will be played at Hampden. Last years final was at Livingston.

If Hamilton had still been in I would have put money on us drawing them again. As it is, I have to be pessimistic about something with The Jags, so the least attractive tie left would be Raith away, so I'll bet that is what we get. For a laugh, see how close I am -

Queen of the South v Sevco 5088

Stenhousemuir v Cowdenbeith

Arbroath v East Stirlingshire

Raith Rovers v PartickThistle

Raith at home!

Full list:

http://www.scottishf...-round-draw-38/

• Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers
  • East Stirlingshire v Cowdenbeath
  • Rangers v Queen of the South
  • Arbroath v Stenhousemuir

So close!!!

I have a question about the Ramsden's Cup.

This Cup is open to 32 clubs (SFL 30 clubs, and Highland League 2 clubs).

Why is the Highland League special?

As far as I understand, there are 3 regional leagues (Highland Football League, East of Scotland Football League, and South of Scotland Football League) below the SFL. Why are the latter 2 ignored?

As far as I understand, there are 3 regional leagues (Highland Football League, East of Scotland Football League, and South of Scotland Football League) below the SFL. Why are the latter 2 ignored?

there's also the womens league, glasgow city ladies should be allowed to enter aswell IMO.

My Sunday league team want entry too!

Definitely a winnable tie. If we beat them then it's one more div 1 team out the way.

Taking the positives from this to be honest. A nice wee sunday session in the star as well.

Nothing is a "definite" win. Only time will tell how the next few weeks go and how we do and how they do.

Raith have played 5 and won 5, only thing that give us an ever so slight advantage is the fact it is at home.

The positives - well Sundays in the pub are decent and I have the Monday of!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Nothing is a "definite" win. Only time will tell how the next few weeks go and how we do and how they do.

Raith have played 5 and won 5, only thing that give us an ever so slight advantage is the fact it is at home.

The positives - well Sundays in the pub are decent and I have the Monday of!

Definitely winnable is very different to a definite win.

By the way, what is the origin of their club name "Queen of the South"?

The town of Dumfries got its name Queen of the South from David Dunbar a local poet who back in 1857 stood for the General Election. In one of his addresses he called Dumfries "Queen of the South" and it became synonymous with the town. The local team Wanderers took up the name but they went defunct around 1900. The present Queens were formed in 1919 and after a vote Queen of the South was picked from amongst others:-

Dumfries United, Southern Wanderers, Vale of Nith

The title "Queen of the South" is also mentioned in the bible, referring to the Queen of Sheba.

And I should add: Google (and Bing, Yahoo, etc.) is your friend. :happy2:

Edited by Mr Bunny

Raith away would have been horrible on a Sunday for public transport so happy with a home tie.

Is the semi not played as a home fixture for one team?

Not that i want to get ahead of myself.

The train service to Kirkcaldy is okay on a Sunday. It would have been better to get someone outside our division, e.g. Arbroath which is a good day out if the weather is good.