Death Threats To Stewart Reagan

crazy davie

I absolutely and completely agree that anyone who makes death threats does not deserve to be walking free on the streets.

However, this hasn't been proven yet and should not detract from the fact that this man has completely failed in his position and profession over the last few months.

Whatever your feelings about a particular person it is simply unacceptable to engage in any threatening behaviour, end of. That said, the behaviour and comments of Green and McCoist in recent weeks have been despicable and unacceptable. The former might have the excuse that he's a Yorkshireman and ignorant(about the result of his deeds) however Sally has shown himself to be nothing more or less as a cheerleader for the sectarian and bigoted hordes that flock to fill Castle Greyskull with their hate and bile. In all likelihood as usual they'll get off with it. As will the mindless morons who spend their Saturday afternoons abusing Catholics, the Pope and anyone else who happens not to be one of "ra peeple". I am sick and tired of their malign presence in our game and even more of their doleful influence. I have made up my mind to complain to the SFL and the SFA whenever tsectarian chanting is heard. I'm assuming that will be pretty soon, in case anyone thinks otherwhise I would do the same viz. Celtic but am unlikely to hear a similar amount of ant-Protestant filth from that direction, indeed if any at all.

I have made up my mind to complain to the SFL and the SFA whenever sectarian chanting is heard. I'm assuming that will be pretty soon, in case anyone thinks otherwhise I would do the same viz. Celtic but am unlikely to hear a similar amount of ant-Protestant filth from that direction, indeed if any at all.

Aye but to the mindless and sadly those that should know better if you only complain about one lot then it's the complainer that's seen as the bigot.in their eyes. Just as BBC/ITV won't have a Celtic story without balancing it with a Rangers story, even if there isn't anything, and vice versa, you've got to gig the dirt about both lots. And so it goes on and on and on.

Whatever your feelings about a particular person it is simply unacceptable to engage in any threatening behaviour, end of. That said, the behaviour and comments of Green and McCoist in recent weeks have been despicable and unacceptable. The former might have the excuse that he's a Yorkshireman and ignorant(about the result of his deeds) however Sally has shown himself to be nothing more or less as a cheerleader for the sectarian and bigoted hordes that flock to fill Castle Greyskull with their hate and bile. In all likelihood as usual they'll get off with it. As will the mindless morons who spend their Saturday afternoons abusing Catholics, the Pope and anyone else who happens not to be one of "ra peeple". I am sick and tired of their malign presence in our game and even more of their doleful influence. I have made up my mind to complain to the SFL and the SFA whenever tsectarian chanting is heard. I'm assuming that will be pretty soon, in case anyone thinks otherwhise I would do the same viz. Celtic but am unlikely to hear a similar amount of ant-Protestant filth from that direction, indeed if any at all.

What makes you think that? Have you never heard them sing "Soon there will be no Protestants at all" etc, etc.

but it`s ok to sing songs about the murders of british citizens, songs with "**** the Queen, their "Blood Stained Poppy`s banner", IRA/Provo songs, anti british soldiers, ect ect ect.

If you are going to give an opinion about old firm bigots, give it about both sides, because after reading the above you really come across as a mojor bigot.

but it`s ok to sing songs about the murders of british citizens, songs with "**** the Queen, their "Blood Stained Poppy`s banner", IRA/Provo songs, anti british soldiers, ect ect ect.

If you are going to give an opinion about old firm bigots, give it about both sides, because after reading the above you really come across as a mojor bigot.

(Ahem!)

I absolutely and completely agree that anyone who makes death threats does not deserve to be walking free on the streets. However, this hasn't been proven yet and should not detract from the fact that this man has completely failed in his position and profession over the last few months.
Ian, for fukksake, wake up. The police Counter-Terrorism Unit (!!!!!) have visited Reagan and they don't do that for no reason. Plus, the h*ns have a history of issueing death threats, sending bullets and bombs to people, violence, intimidation, abuse, etc etc etc. They're not nice people.

Ian, for fukksake, wake up. The police Counter-Terrorism Unit (!!!!!) have visited Reagan and they don't do that for no reason. Plus, the h*ns have a history of issueing death threats, sending bullets and bombs to people, violence, intimidation, abuse, etc etc etc. They're not nice people.

Davie I have lived in Glasgow all my life and am quite aware of what Rangers fans are like, thank you, don't need you to tell me. :thumbsup2:

I am not defending them for one minute. All I am saying is that this should not take away from what a complete failure Regan has been since he joined the SFA.

He should still be resigning.

Yes, that just about sums him up nicely.

Not sure if I believe this to be honest. Would not surprise me if this is just an attempt to draw in some sympathy for a man who is now universally disliked by everyone, not just Rangers fans.

If you are right; what does that say about him?

If you are wrong; what does that say about you?

I think we all agree that Regan should go. As far as the bigotry and evil intent between both sides of the Old Firm is concerned, this has its roots in the end of the Nineteenth century when Celtic's Irish Catholic identity was countered by Rangers' Protestant, Orange support. Partick Thistle have always provided an alternative to that; let's keep it that way and keep out of their petty, hateful arguments.

Surely a relevant point in all this is the fact that the current owner of the blue buttock has accused everyone who disapproves of financial corruption as being, in some way, bigots. As far as I am aware no director or owner of the green buttock has ever stooped to such depths.

I could not give a tinker's curse about either of these pariahs but to be honest I find it slightly offensive that anyone associated with either of these vile organisations can ever criticise any other Scottish football club.

Surely a relevant point in all this is the fact that the current owner of the blue buttock has accused everyone who disapproves of financial corruption as being, in some way, bigots. As far as I am aware no director or owner of the green buttock has ever stooped to such depths.

I could not give a tinker's curse about either of these pariahs but to be honest I find it slightly offensive that anyone associated with either of these vile organisations can ever criticise any other Scottish football club.

This. Let's not forget Thistle weren't always above bigotry back in the day ;)

Not a shred of humility from Reagan on his behaviour over the defunct h u n s. And from reading this article, I think he's still trying to get them into a non-expanded SPL.

Anyone who advocates this, should be chased.

No death threats, violence or intimidatory behaviour should occur, but they should be shown up to be the useless idiots that they are, and if they are in positions of authority and power like Regan is, they should never be allowed to see any gerrymandering succeeed, and be removed from their posts immediately.

• Members

Listening to the radio today and death threats seem to be part and parcel of the game in Scotland. Pat Nevin was saying he had threats when he was with Chelsea because he spoke out against racism in football and more recently when he backed anti sectarianism. He seemed to hint that the threats were from Celtic fans which surprised me.