New Packages Launched For The Kids

potty trained

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/august_2012/new_packages_for_our_younger_supporters

Great to see more positive work in this area, improving the packages and making it even more attractive for the folk of Glasgow to introduce their weans to The Jags.

Great news, Dave. You & Ian Mac are doing some really good stuff through OneThistle.

Keep it up big fella.

It's great that it is not just focussed on young kids but includes the teenagers as well.

Having had a son who defected to Celtic for a period , I know how hard it is to keep the older kids away from the

2 ugly mobs when they are getting peer pressure etc.

Things like this help make us different.

You know with all the bullshit that has been spouted in the last few months about armageddon and footballs biggest cheaters from the South Side of Hell, just why doesnt this get a full page article in our tabloids. Wonderful stuff from the club. Not sure whether they still do this but when my boys were at primary school, all the boys in the football teams got to share 6-8 jags season tickets and I know for a fact that 4 of the kids are now regulars at Firhill. Do we still go out to schools and try and recruit?. Would certainly make the ground a lot fuller if we could get 500-1000 kids coming along!

You know with all the bullshit that has been spouted in the last few months about armageddon and footballs biggest cheaters from the South Side of Hell, just why doesnt this get a full page article in our tabloids. Wonderful stuff from the club. Not sure whether they still do this but when my boys were at primary school, all the boys in the football teams got to share 6-8 jags season tickets and I know for a fact that 4 of the kids are now regulars at Firhill. Do we still go out to schools and try and recruit?. Would certainly make the ground a lot fuller if we could get 500-1000 kids coming along!

That will be fitting into the OneThistle Bracket, Lindau,

I completely agree, we should be hitting every primary and high school in Glasgow, no matter the geography, North South East West.

What we as a Club offer, not just the fact that entry is free, but the ethos of the Club really should be shouted about.

That will be fitting into the OneThistle Bracket, Lindau,

I completely agree, we should be hitting every primary and high school in Glasgow, no matter the geography, North South East West.

What we as a Club offer, not just the fact that entry is free, but the ethos of the Club really should be shouted about.

Couldnt agree more PT!

I know, i tend to agree... however, i'm not 16 and to be honest, at that age, it's probably really cool and hip, to have such an identity...

Your not 16 so you can't really comment.

I think kids get bullied enough without going to school and saying "I am a Partick Thistle Ultra" You would just look like a total and utter twat.

If that is the best name we could think of I dread to think of what other options there was.

I am not btw saying this is a terrible idea, it's a good idea, it just annoys me that we go and on about our club needing money but we can't even ask people with kids to pay for their kids membership to the kids club when they get everything else free.

Your not 16 so you can't really comment.

I think kids get bullied enough without going to school and saying "I am a Partick Thistle Ultra" You would just look like a total and utter twat.

If that is the best name we could think of I dread to think of what other options there was.

I am not btw saying this is a terrible idea, it's a good idea, it just annoys me that we go and on about our club needing money but we can't even ask people with kids to pay for their kids membership to the kids club when they get everything else free.

The name came from the fact that when we had a Colours with Pride Day a Group of teenage Thistle Fans made up a banner saying Thistle Ultras so we decided to run with it.As for getting bullied at School sorry complete nonsense - if we grow the young support into a critical mass then they are no longer isolated - being part of the Green Brigade is not cringeworthy - reality is it started with a handful of Celtic Fans ,its now turned the whole Matchday Experierce at Celtic Park on its own.

As for cost of joining the Young Supporters Groups it adds another barrier to building a better relationship with our Young Fans - Large Supermarkets have loss leaders - this is ours with support that is getting older we need to start looking to replace them or we have no Club and no future revenue streams - we need a large number of young people at Firhill ,this is a core part of future strategy - get used to it.

The name came from the fact that when we had a Colours with Pride Day a Group of teenage Thistle Fans made up a banner saying Thistle Ultras so we decided to run with it.As for getting bullied at School sorry complete nonsense - if we grow the young support into a critical mass then they are no longer isolated - being part of the Green Brigade is not cringeworthy - reality is it started with a handful of Celtic Fans ,its now turned the whole Matchday Experierce at Celtic Park on its own.

As for cost of joining the Young Supporters Groups it adds another barrier to building a better relationship with our Young Fans - Large Supermarkets have loss leaders - this is ours with support that is getting older we need to start looking to replace them or we have no Club and no future revenue streams - we need a large number of young people at Firhill ,this is a core part of future strategy - get used to it.

Sorry, the name is still a bit cringeworthy. Far too manufactured and fabricated. The essential idea is fine and should be encouraged, but the idea that we have teenage 'ultras' is just a bit silly.

Also wondering how you can type the bit in bold with any significant authority. Without being disrespectful, you don't have an official position at the club, as far as I know. Therefore one fan (who is simply involved in helping out the club with a project) telling another fan to "get used to it" strikes me as a little rude, to be frank.

Edited by 1971

Sorry, the name is still a bit cringeworthy. Far too manufactured and fabricated. The essential idea is fine and should be encouraged, but the idea that we have teenage 'ultras' is just a bit silly.

Also wondering how you can type the bit in bold with any significant authority. Without being disrespectful, you don't have an official position at the club, as far as I know. Therefore one fan (who is simply involved in helping out the club with a project) telling another fan to "get used to it" strikes me as a little rude, to be frank.

The people who will decide on the success or otherwise of the Young Supporters Packages are in essence our young supporters you have an opinion on the name other posters dont have an issue with it so only time will tell.

The onethistle group have the Young Supporters Packages as part of there remit ,its a core part of our strategy to rebuild the fan base and young people are key to this

absolutely brilliant idea tbh. I'll be signing my 2 up as soon as Andrew Byron gets back telling me how. In regards to Thistles attitude towards Youngsters its a breath of fresh air

I found myself teamless after my previous team decided to out themselves as crooks and die. I weighed up the local options with my primary consideration being that my son was starting to show an interest in the beautiful game and was wanting to start attending matches. Thistle wins hands down and anyone I spoke to could not speak highly enough of their welcoming attitude towards kids.

Even as a Dirty Sooside fan I've been made most welcome preseason and the attitude of club staff and supporters towards my boy at both Firhill and our away trips this preseason have been fantastic.

Its because of this Thistle has quickly earned a place in my heart and My boy is infatuated.

This weekend i'll be in attendance with 2 kids a Wife and a Father in law. So thanks to The attitude shown by the club and the supporters Thistle is gaining 3x adult ticket and copious amounts of Juice and Hotdog sales this weekend.

Although I should admit the wife was only swayed to coming along after I told her that her teenage crush Simon Donnelly will be in attendance. (Note to the club I accept no responsibility for members of the Coaching staff or management team being groped this weekend)

My only criticism is this should've been done two or so seasons ago. I applaud the kids go free initiative but felt it was such a great selling point it was worth more extensive marketing some time back.

That's my only criticism and these packages look excellent. Well done to those concerned.

Btw another avenue worth promoting to home and away fans (especially the latter) is the parent plus two/three/four kids still only £17 compared to, well any other ground where it'll cost £x more on average. I'm guessing there's loads of other clubs fans who can't afford to travel to away games due to having to double/treble up costs bringing kids along. Firhill would be a relatively cheap day out.

Well done to the OneThistle team. So the name may be cringey to some, personally I'm not keen on it but the intentions are that impressive that I couldn't really careless to be honest.

As long as there is no adoption of an Ultras movement in the North Stand with a drum or flags with PTFC ultras on it.

absolutely brilliant idea tbh. I'll be signing my 2 up as soon as Andrew Byron gets back telling me how. In regards to Thistles attitude towards Youngsters its a breath of fresh air

I found myself teamless after my previous team decided to out themselves as crooks and die. I weighed up the local options with my primary consideration being that my son was starting to show an interest in the beautiful game and was wanting to start attending matches. Thistle wins hands down and anyone I spoke to could not speak highly enough of their welcoming attitude towards kids.

Even as a Dirty Sooside fan I've been made most welcome preseason and the attitude of club staff and supporters towards my boy at both Firhill and our away trips this preseason have been fantastic.

Its because of this Thistle has quickly earned a place in my heart and My boy is infatuated.

This weekend i'll be in attendance with 2 kids a Wife and a Father in law. So thanks to The attitude shown by the club and the supporters Thistle is gaining 3x adult ticket and copious amounts of Juice and Hotdog sales this weekend.

Although I should admit the wife was only swayed to coming along after I told her that her teenage crush Simon Donnelly will be in attendance. (Note to the club I accept no responsibility for members of the Coaching staff or management team being groped this weekend)

All the emails I received today will be replied to tomorrow, apologises for not managing to reply to them all today, had a lot of work to do.

This is to anyone looking to sign their kids up for one of the packages:

Send me an email ([email protected]) with the name of your child/children, date of birth & home address. I will then fill out a form for you & make up a season book, the book will be available for collection before the match on Saturday from myself at the entrance to the Aitken Suite (just up from the club shop in the Main Stand) from around 1pm to 2:45pm.

All the emails I received today will be replied to tomorrow, apologises for not managing to reply to them all today, had a lot of work to do.

Send me an email ([email protected]) with the name of your child/children, date of birth & home address. I will then fill out a form for you & make up a season book, the book will be available for collection before the match on Saturday from myself at the entrance to the Aitken Suite (just up from the club shop in the Main Stand) from around 1pm to 2:45pm.

Can I add to that the School they attend also :thumbsup2:

sent you a mail this morning asking what details you needed :) so got that now, just stuck a mail off to you with the kids details.

cheers

Rob