Ramsdens Vs. Cowdenbeath

Mediocre Pundit

Maybe we should put a 'gate' on the bar & if anybody wants to donate their gate £ (or however much they want!) we'll pass it on to the club?

Obviously I want a busy pub, but I don't want the club to lose out in any way.

Get in touch with Cowdenbeath and you could maybe sell some programmes too! Probably not worth the hassle though. Wish I could be there (the pub or the game).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should put a 'gate' on the bar & if anybody wants to donate their gate £ (or however much they want!) we'll pass it on to the club?

Obviously I want a busy pub, but I don't want the club to lose out in any way.

That's a smashing idea. In fact, if you suggested a donation of half the gate money (i.e. Cowdenbeath charge £14, you suggest £7 in the tin) you'd end up handing more to Thistle than they'd actually get from the gate once whatever expenses are deducted.

I just wish I could get along.

That's a smashing idea. In fact, if you suggested a donation of half the gate money (i.e. Cowdenbeath charge £14, you suggest £7 in the tin) you'd end up handing more to Thistle than they'd actually get from the gate once whatever expenses are deducted.

I just wish I could get along.

Not really for me to stick my oar in, but it would be great if Jags fans frequenting the Brass Monkey for this and any other forthcoming games could eventually manage a collection that would allow a player to be sponsored.

The "proper toilet" in Cowdenbeath doesn't have any lights does it? It's dark in there during the day. The rest of the bogs are portaloos. I think I'll just go in my pants.

An unfortunate downside to partaking in pre match 3 course “all you can eat” Blue Brasilian Buffet * at the Shimla Palace, perhaps?.

Not really for me to stick my oar in, but it would be great if Jags fans frequenting the Brass Monkey for this and any other forthcoming games could eventually manage a collection that would allow a player to be sponsored.

How much is that?

We've got a programme ad & 2 season tickets, but if we can raise enough, why not?

Genuine thought - if it was announced that all money donated in the pub would go to the club (to sponsor a shirt or just as a publicised donation) then I'm sure people would chip in a bit. Indeed, it could be quite easy for people to donate the change from all the rounds that they buy.

I know The Brass Monkey is a business GPT, but there may be the potential for TBM matching some funds raised, donating the total to the club and getting a story/pictures on the official site and some good press/future business for yourselves?

Genuine thought - if it was announced that all money donated in the pub would go to the club (to sponsor a shirt or just as a publicised donation) then I'm sure people would chip in a bit. Indeed, it could be quite easy for people to donate the change from all the rounds that they buy.

I know The Brass Monkey is a business GPT, but there may be the potential for TBM matching some funds raised, donating the total to the club and getting a story/pictures on the official site and some good press/future business for yourselves?

A nice idea, but we'd have to limit it! We'd happily donate something, but I'm sure you'll appreciate we couldn't match it all - could cost us a bleedin' fortune, but in principle, we'll do something like that.

Lets remember although its a jags pub it's also a business, they have already bought a couple of season tickets and programme sponsorship, by all means ask to use the bar as a channel or venue for fund raising but to match it seems a bit much

Lets remember although its a jags pub it's also a business, they have already bought a couple of season tickets and programme sponsorship, by all means ask to use the bar as a channel or venue for fund raising but to match it seems a bit much

We definitely can't match it, but we should do something if we get a good turnout. Even if we put up some prizes if folk donate to the club via the 'gate' (bucket on the bar) - then do a raffle or something? We'll donate some prizes, maybe the club will if I ask nicely too and so on.

Last thing I want is club to lose out if folk come to the pub, but having spoken to a few fans, many would rather come to the pub, so I figure if we do something it's better than nothing.

I just hope the telly works... ;-)

Thinking Brass Monkey could be my best option on Sunday. Been to Rovers and Morton so forking out another £25-30 just to see the team could be swung by drinking quality lager and scoffing free pies.

Will weekend prices be in effect GPT? Or is there a jaggy discount ;)

I've never been to the Brass Monkey and was thinking it might be nice to watch the game there on Sunday, in the company of fellow Jags fans. But, judging by the posts on this thread, it's going to be so busy, I might need to take a crowbar to lever my way in the door!

I'm still going to go, though.

Thinking Brass Monkey could be my best option on Sunday. Been to Rovers and Morton so forking out another £25-30 just to see the team could be swung by drinking quality lager and scoffing free pies.

Will weekend prices be in effect GPT? Or is there a jaggy discount ;)

I'm not sure what we're going to do yet, but we will have some promos on I'm sure.

Should be fun!

I've never been to the Brass Monkey and was thinking it might be nice to watch the game there on Sunday, in the company of fellow Jags fans. But, judging by the posts on this thread, it's going to be so busy, I might need to take a crowbar to lever my way in the door!

I'm still going to go, though.

Hopefully it'll be a nice busy day. The best part about the last time was the bemusement on non-Jaggy regulars' face as they strolled in for a quiet pint on international break Sunday...