Ptfc Accounts For Year Ended 31/05/12

Fawlty Towers

The latest set of accounts have been filed and to my, untrained, eye they look quite positive.

Creditors falling due within one year - £851,020 (was £862,752).

Cash at bank - £18,163 (was £1,534).

Creditors falling due after more than one year - £214,798 (was £260,000).

Creditors include an amount of £565,353 (2011 - £617,870) for which security has been given. They also include the following debts falling due in more than five years:

2012 - £54,798 2011 - £100,000

Debt coming down and more cash in the bank seem to indicate that the controls and plans in place are paying off.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Quite positive, especially given our failure to make any money from any cup competition last year.

And with crowds so far up on last year's, things are starting to look up.

I imagine unless attendances rise significantly, or there's some further untapped income stream discovered, we'll have a problem holding on to many of our players. Given that most are maturing and in my mind don't lack the pace or skill to go on to play at a higher level has that one downside. I don't know the answer as I'm strongly in favour of the Club playing within its means but at the same time I'd rather see us lose players to a fee like Harkins/Twaddle than see players walk away like Cairney/Tuffey.

Regardless of how the team performs for the rest of the season I think we can all agree that we've a good few talented individuals in our squad. It would be a tremendous piece of business if somehow we could extend their contracts without reversing our current financial trend.

I imagine unless attendances rise significantly, or there's some further untapped income stream discovered, we'll have a problem holding on to many of our players. Given that most are maturing and in my mind don't lack the pace or skill to go on to play at a higher level has that one downside. I don't know the answer as I'm strongly in favour of the Club playing within its means but at the same time I'd rather see us lose players to a fee like Harkins/Twaddle than see players walk away like Cairney/Tuffey.

Regardless of how the team performs for the rest of the season I think we can all agree that we've a good few talented individuals in our squad. It would be a tremendous piece of business if somehow we could extend their contracts without reversing our current financial trend.

The only way to do that is to win the league, although a few of our more talented players are on two year deals. Doolan and erskine need their deals extended ASAP tho.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The latest set of accounts have been filed and to my, untrained, eye they look quite positive.

Creditors falling due within one year - £851,020 (was £862,752).

Cash at bank - £18,163 (was £1,534).

Creditors falling due after more than one year - £214,798 (was £260,000).

Creditors include an amount of £565,353 (2011 - £617,870) for which security has been given. They also include the following debts falling due in more than five years:

2012 - £54,798 2011 - £100,000

Debt coming down and more cash in the bank seem to indicate that the controls and plans in place are paying off.

I don't like that analysis. A set of accounts is essentially a mixing pot, swirled around every so often and no doubt carefully managed.

Why the excitement to see a profit and loss? Presumably it will be abbreviated accounts at companies house. No obligation to file and no need to disclose. The reserves movement will tell you what profit we made, I don't think we need to see the split between cost of sales and admin do we?

I don't like that analysis. A set of accounts is essentially a mixing pot, swirled around every so often and no doubt carefully managed.

Why the excitement to see a profit and loss? Presumably it will be abbreviated accounts at companies house. No obligation to file and no need to disclose. The reserves movement will tell you what profit we made, I don't think we need to see the split between cost of sales and admin do we?

I am just interested to see the published accounts inc Balance Sheet and Profit and loss account. What is wrong with that?

Might be interesting to see if income side breaks down how much we received from SRU.

Still tough times at the club, no doubt about it.

We have stopped haemorrhaging money, most importantly.

However, repairing the damage done by the likes of Tom Hughes and Brown McMaster will probably take decades to sort out, whether we get promoted this season or not.

Still tough times at the club, no doubt about it.

We have stopped haemorrhaging money, most importantly.

However, repairing the damage done by the likes of Tom Hughes and Brown McMaster will probably take decades to sort out, whether we get promoted this season or not.

Bit of a shame that a couple of chances to get a game against the defunct h u n s have already disappeared for this season.

Bit of a shame that a couple of chances to get a game against the defunct h u n s have already disappeared for this season.

Out of our control though, and we would have been daft to bank on a game with them anyway.

From a football point of view, I'm sure we ALL wanted a shot at them, I think we could have given them a real doing. but they would have had to get past lesser teams and earn the right to play against us, they couldn't do that.

Fred cutting to the chase Trading Profit circa £12K up from £8K last year so we are trading in the black (just) clearer ?

Out of our control though, and we would have been daft to bank on a game with them anyway.

From a football point of view, I'm sure we ALL wanted a shot at them, I think we could have given them a real doing. but they would have had to get past lesser teams and earn the right to play against us, they couldn't do that.

Yes, that definitely softens the blow!