5-0 At Half Time

Watson Towers

What about the 6-1 gubbing of Hibs in 79? I seem to remember most of the goals in the 1st half.

I'm sure that's a game I turned up late at and on finding out the score was 2-0 to us (or 2-1, don't quite remember), thought "that's me missed all the goals for us" - lets face it under Auld we were good but not free scoring. Was very pleasantly surprised to see us score another four.

The biggest lead at HT I remember was the '71 league cup final. Even the 8-3 vs Motherwell that season was only 2-1

What a game that was. Our six second half goals, or at least five of them as far as I can remember, came in a twenty minute flurry. Pure magic.

That was a classic case of "We're Partick Thistle, we score when we want". It was that day anyway. :happy2:

Edited by Blackpool Jags

What a game that was. Our six second half goals, or at least five of them as far as I can remember, came in a twenty minute flurry. Pure magic.

That was a classic case of "We're Partick Thistle, we score when we want". It was that day anyway. :happy2:

Motherwell equalised just after half-time and then we ran riot. IIRC 2 goals each for Lawrie, Coulston and Bone. Rae and McQuade got the others. The stattos may be able to correct me.

Motherwell equalised just after half-time and then we ran riot. IIRC 2 goals each for Lawrie, Coulston and Bone. Rae and McQuade got the others. The stattos may be able to correct me.

I might be wrong, but I think Denis got two. He certainly provided at least 2 or 3 of the others. A much overused phrase these days, but Denis WAS totally unplayable that day.

I might be wrong, but I think Denis got two. He certainly provided at least 2 or 3 of the others. A much overused phrase these days, but Denis WAS totally unplayable that day.

My first Thistle game was away at Brockville. The Motherwell game was my first home game! You are so right Denis was unplayable and my favourite all time Jags player.

That's perfectly possible. I was wondering whether it was Denis or Bobby who got a double in addition to Jimmy and Frank. Denis had been on top form for a few weeks and had scored a hat-trick (all headers!) against the Arabs when the League Cup was paraded at Firhill.

Thistle 8 Motherwell 3

Line-up: Rough, Hansen, Forsyth, Glavin, Campbell, Strachan, McQuade, Coulston, Bone, A. Rae, Lawrie. Sub: T. Rae

Goalscorers: Coulston (2), Bone (2), McQuade (2), A. Rae, Forsyth

Oh, exactly the League Cup Final team, except with Tommy Rae as sub. I'd not realised that, thanks!

Thistle 8 Motherwell 3

Line-up: Rough, Hansen, Forsyth, Glavin, Campbell, Strachan, McQuade, Coulston, Bone, A. Rae, Lawrie. Sub: T. Rae

Goalscorers: Coulston (2), Bone (2), McQuade (2), A. Rae, Forsyth

I thought that Lawrie got our second goal at the very least. Wrong for over 40 years! :shok:

I thought that Lawrie got our second goal at the very least. Wrong for over 40 years! :shok:

Hope this link works. The Sports Times (scroll along to get to it) from December 11th 1971.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2mus-XyGPC0C&dat=19711211&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

Oh, and a link to the article on the OS from Sunday.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/october_2012/seventh_heaven_for_thistle

Hope this link works. The Sports Times (scroll along to get to it) from December 11th 1971.

http://news.google.c...frontpage&hl=en

Oh, and a link to the article on the OS from Sunday.

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...ven_for_thistle

Thanks for a great find!

What happened to Everton's "astronomical" offer for John Hansen in the column headed "The Patience of Paul Wilson"?