Attendances

Lenziejag2

Chortle.

WTF are you chortling at?? Give us how many you think were in the main before you have a dig. I said around 600-700, but its only an estimated guess. Someone else said 800-900, didnt see you chortling at that!!, Some say 300-400. Frankly dont give a toss. Maybe the club will clarify!.

Edited by Lindau

Charlie Endell, on 25 April 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Dunfermline took 200 to Morton. If 500+ turn up at Firhill I'll eat Dick Campbell's bunnet!

If reports are correct, just over 500 Pars fans.. Phone call to Forfar to get hold of Dickies bunnet?????

Edited by Lindau

I don't think the JHS has a capacity of 6,300 now, after the changes a few seasons ago to cater for the Hospitality/Directors box and the Ambassadors group. I would think that if the 8,900 at the Morton game was accurate then it is quite easy to think that there were 3000 fewer today. 2,000 less Dunfermline Supporters and 1,000 less in the North Stand.

5,663 is well above what the club would have budgeted for at the start of the season.

Well duh, it was obviously going to be better than your run of the mill game, but when comparing it to the crowd we got last time we got the trophy, and other champions of a so called comparable size the last 10 years (St. Mirren, St. Johnstone, Dunfermline) its low.

http://espnfc.com/st...-premier-league

theres the stats of 2012/13 so far in the spl for average attendances. Wonder if being one of only 2 glasgow teams in the spl might boost our average attendances up a bit from away fans, particularly celtic?

From that site our average attendance in 2003/2004 (our last in the SPL) was 4,710 and given how we started under Collins I am surprised that it was actually that high. The previous season it was around 5,600 but things have changed quite a lot since then in Scottish football (as well as financially for most people) so I would imagine the Board would be looking at something like 4,000 as a figure to work with.

A couple of other stats for you! Yesterday the attendance at Firhill was 5663, whilst the whole of the rest of SFL1 was 4256. QoS v East Fife in SFL2 attracted 2568, which underlines just how miserable 2368 was for Tractor Boys v Caley in the SPL! One of our 'challenges' for next season will be the paltry travelling support of Ross County, ICT and - especially - St Johnstone.

A couple of other stats for you! Yesterday the attendance at Firhill was 5663, whilst the whole of the rest of SFL1 was 4256. QoS v East Fife in SFL2 attracted 2568, which underlines just how miserable 2368 was for Tractor Boys v Caley in the SPL! One of our 'challenges' for next season will be the paltry travelling support of Ross County, ICT and - especially - St Johnstone.

Hope we don't end up playing ICT/Ross County/St. Johnstone at home for the 1st game of the season, no away support at all. A home game against Killie/St.Mirren/Dundee Utd/Aberdeen/Celtic would be an excellent way to start the season, should be a smashing atmosphere.