Attendances

Lenziejag2

That was exactly my thought too. We need another stand!

Talking to a St Mirren fan in work who was saying that Feegie Park (or whatever it's called) couldn't hold as many as we had on Wednesday night....

SPL rules, eh? Can't live with them and pass the beer nuts, as a great philosopher once said....

What I haven't seen written anywhere is that Wednesday proved knocking down the old stand and building two almost non-existent stands would be terrible for our club. If we reduced our capacity down to 8000 ish then nights like tonight won't happen. We may not need it every week but its definitely worth keeping for the game every season or two when it is filled.

On a side note.. The one thing about the main stand I dont like is you can't really see the away support. Maybe I was just a bit bleary eyed.

What I haven't seen written anywhere is that Wednesday proved knocking down the old stand and building two almost non-existent stands would be terrible for our club. If we reduced our capacity down to 8000 ish then nights like tonight won't happen. We may not need it every week but its definitely worth keeping for the game every season or two when it is filled.

On a side note.. The one thing about the main stand I dont like is you can't really see the away support. Maybe I was just a bit bleary eyed.

They were from Greenock. It was for the better.

• Like 1

Fantastic last-gasp performance today by the Jags at New Broomfield! All four SFL1 matches today were away wins. Attendances were all very similar: Airdrie v PTFC - 1648 (and BBC Scotland reckons 1400 of those were Jags fans!); Morton v Dunfermline - 1634; Livi v Accies - 1607; and Raith Rovers v Cowden - 1574. C'mon the Jags! A win at home on Tuesday and the party will start for real!

Fantastic last-gasp performance today by the Jags at New Broomfield! All four SFL1 matches today were away wins. Attendances were all very similar: Airdrie v PTFC - 1648 (and BBC Scotland reckons 1400 of those were Jags fans!); Morton v Dunfermline - 1634; Livi v Accies - 1607; and Raith Rovers v Cowden - 1574. C'mon the Jags! A win at home on Tuesday and the party will start for real!

a draw shall dae it..mo'n the mighty Jags! what a season! :thumbsup2:

a draw shall dae it..mo'n the mighty Jags! what a season! :thumbsup2:

No it will not a draw will mean it is still mathematically possible,

If we lose all last 3 games after a draw at home to Raith and Greenock win all 3 games by 5 or 6 goals a game then they will be champions !

I right and pigs will fly lol !! :music:

I suppose Airdire have been pretty dire all season, but that was about the smallest home support of any team that I've ever seen Thistle play against in a league match. There couldn't have been more than 250 spread around.

• Members

Pretty sad to see how crowds at Airdrie have dwindled so badly. Apart from the Section B nonsense, they always brought a big noisy support that created a great rivalry between the Clubs and that has to be missed. Likewise games against Clyde.

• Like 2

The four SFL1 fixtures yesterday grossed an attendance of 6463. It should also be noted that SFL2 champions QoS attracted 1806 to their local derby against Stranraer - a better attendance than any of the SFL1 fixtures! Much more worrying is the fact that the SFL3 fixture at Ibrox pulled in 44453 punters, against a total of 34109 for the Scottish Cup semi-final and all the other SFL1/2/3 games!

The four SFL1 fixtures yesterday grossed an attendance of 6463. It should also be noted that SFL2 champions QoS attracted 1806 to their local derby against Stranraer - a better attendance than any of the SFL1 fixtures! Much more worrying is the fact that the SFL3 fixture at Ibrox pulled in 44453 punters, against a total of 34109 for the Scottish Cup semi-final and all the other SFL1/2/3 games!

But did they really? Rangers state how many tickets were sold for a match, not how many were actually there.

Apparently the 44,453 at the bottom league game was inclusive of season ticket sales - which given the number of empty (vacant?) seats perhaps indicates that self-delusion is fading except in the eyes of those who claim false attendance?

Lenziejag 2, why are you so shocked and worried by Sevco's attendances? They shouldn't really be of concern to us.

1. They are not your typical 3rd division team.

2. There are strong allegations being made about them and Celtic "massaging" attendance figures.

3. I don't really have a third point apart from, who cares?

Sadly, Sevco will always have greater attendances than us. It may not be fair, but it's a fact.

Lenziejag 2, why are you so shocked and worried by Sevco's attendances? They shouldn't really be of concern to us.

1. They are not your typical 3rd division team.

2. There are strong allegations being made about them and Celtic "massaging" attendance figures.

3. I don't really have a third point apart from, who cares?

Sadly, Sevco will always have greater attendances than us. It may not be fair, but it's a fact.

They didn't last Wednesday Iain ;)