Attendances

Lenziejag2

Update and apology

The running total for the season now stands at 45,760. That is an overall average of 3,050 per game.

For this second half of the season, when attendances traditionally are lower, the total now stand at 15,962, that is an average of 2660 per game.

The sharp-eyed among you will notice that this is at odds with my last given figure despite the fact that yesterday was a higher than average gate for this second half. But looking back my skills in long division were not what they should have been. The Woman Who Spends My Money is a Maths teacher and she has checked my working this time.

Thoroughly enjoyable game this evening! Good to see Doolan get a double! Tonight's SFL1 attendances: Dunfermline v Falkirk - 2879; Cowden v PTFC - 716 (and the net majority were Jags fans!); Dumbarton v Raith Rovers - 483. For comparison, the attendance at Forfar for the Brechin v QoS SFL2 championship-winning match was 627.

Thoroughly enjoyable game this evening! Good to see Doolan get a double! Tonight's SFL1 attendances: Dunfermline v Falkirk - 2879; Cowden v PTFC - 716 (and the net majority were Jags fans!); Dumbarton v Raith Rovers - 483. For comparison, the attendance at Forfar for the Brechin v QoS SFL2 championship-winning match was 627.

The attendance for the QOS game is not actually that bad considering the weather and the fact it's a 3 hour drive each way from Dumfries to Forfar. So 6 hour round trip in terrible weather. mid week.

Well done to those QOS fans who made it!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Whats folks views on the Pars attendance?

Just entered admin (so club "saved" at least for now), home game against big rivals, administrator warning of "brutal job cuts" later today, and something like 2500 home supporters turn out. Good or bad?

I'd say bad given that the money isn't going straight into Masterton's sky rocket.

Fantastic win for the Jags today - now 4 points ahead with a game in hand! Today's SFL1 attendances: Raith Rovers v Morton - 1529; Livi v Dunfermline - 1465; Cowden v PTFC - 1214; Accies v Dumbarton - 943; and Airdrie v Falkirk - 790.

Airdrie v Falkirk ...790 exS PL team not long ago. . .that is a shocker ! Thoughts ?

Fantastic win for the Jags today - now 4 points ahead with a game in hand! Today's SFL1 attendances: Raith Rovers v Morton - 1529; Livi v Dunfermline - 1465; Cowden v PTFC - 1214; Accies v Dumbarton - 943; and Airdrie v Falkirk - 790.

Add the total up and everyone attending could fit in all but two of the Div 1 grounds. Only one of the five games involved two clubs with nothing serious to play for. The fact this is the league that's got the most still to play for and less than 6000 turn up in total says it all about Scottish football. Scary

Add the total up and everyone attending could fit in all but two of the Div 1 grounds. Only one of the five games involved two clubs with nothing serious to play for. The fact this is the league that's got the most still to play for and less than 6000 turn up in total says it all about Scottish football. Scary

Says it all really... Speaking to a few Cowden' fans in the pub before the game and a more decent bunch of guys you couldn't meet and they were bemoaning the state of crowds and how hard it was to keep a club afloat. They even went so far as to say that they'd rather Morton went up just to keep Thistle visiting for cash purposes.

I'm not sure what can be done and probably too little too late, but why isn't the SFL dropping prices to attract fans back? Looking at the Jags in isolation, March has been quite an expensive month. But worth it I guess if you're top of the league and producing high octane exciting football. (Morton trolls take note!)

Edited by Meister Jag

Could it be that the five games had more away contingent than home fans? Certainly three of them had, I´m not sure how many Morton took to Kirkcaldy but Accies v Sons is the most doubtful. I last watched Dumbarton at home in 2010 and they hardly had 800 for a Second Division game.

And how many of the 300-400 Airdrie fans today used to be season tickets when the real Airdrie were playing? That big stadium deserves a better club.

I think the fact that the Easter holidays have just started will have meant that a lot of folk are away. Also looking at the difference between Wednesday night and yesterday suggests to me that if the SFL really have the clubs interests at heart they should be organising the season so that there is no need for midweek football

I think the fact that the Easter holidays have just started will have meant that a lot of folk are away. Also looking at the difference between Wednesday night and yesterday suggests to me that if the SFL really have the clubs interests at heart they should be organising the season so that there is no need for midweek football

Sadly the weather necessitates the need for midweek football

Those figures are not very impressive are they? There were 2026 at the Queen of the South v Brechin City game yesterday.

Those figures are not very impressive are they? There were 2026 at the Queen of the South v Brechin City game yesterday.

No, they're not. But if Thistle, Dunfermline and Morton had been at home then all three would most likely have had crowds considerably bigger than the one at your champions fest (again, congratulations, by the way). What was the crowd at your away match last week? Not very impressive, I bet.

Edited by Jaggernaut

As a result of not having been to this sh*thole since I went to the stock car racing as a lad, I ended up amongst the home support yesterday. I can honestly say there wasn't more than a few hundred hundred of them. Luckily, I was not the only outsider amongst the natives, who it must be said were quite hospitable and relatively complementary towards our team, if quite obsessed with calling Chris Erskine a c*nt for ninety minutes. I would hazard, that at a guess('cos I could only hear but not see the Jags support) that the away support made up at least 900 of the total attendance

As a result of not having been to this sh*thole since I went to the stock car racing as a lad, I ended up amongst the home support yesterday. I can honestly say there wasn't more than a few hundred hundred of them. Luckily, I was not the only outsider amongst the natives, who it must be said were quite hospitable and relatively complementary towards our team, if quite obsessed with calling Chris Erskine a c*nt for ninety minutes. I would hazard, that at a guess('cos I could only hear but not see the Jags support) that the away support made up at least 900 of the total attendance

Why did you not move?

Am just home from Kirkcaldy. Not a good game! Too much hoof and rush, and too many players clearly thinking ahead to Sunday. An away point is creditable, especially when down to 10 men. Brilliant Jags support - as always - and again the net majority of the crowd! Three SFL1 games tonight - the attendances were: Raith Rovers v PTFC - 1761; Livi v Falkirk - 1100; and Hamilton v Dumbarton - 775.

Of course, the really BIG crowd this weekend will be at tomorrow's Ramsdens Cup Final between PTFC and QoS! But today's SFL1 attendances make interesting reading: Dunfermline v Hamilton - 4697; Falkirk v Cowden - 2539; Morton v Airdrie - 1772; and Dumbarton v Livi - 705. There were confident pre-match predictions that the game at East End Park would pull in 8000 punters - it didn't - but the crowd was noticeably better than Friday evening's poor 3744 for the SPL game ICT v St Johnstone. The Falkirk attendance seems to be smaller than their average. I just can't explain why the Morton home attendances have been so poor - perhaps they are saving their pennies for Wednesday? Dumbarton v Livi isn't great, but only the Jags bring a big support to New Boghead!

Of course, the really BIG crowd this weekend will be at tomorrow's Ramsdens Cup Final between PTFC and QoS! But today's SFL1 attendances make interesting reading: Dunfermline v Hamilton - 4697; Falkirk v Cowden - 2539; Morton v Airdrie - 1772; and Dumbarton v Livi - 705. There were confident pre-match predictions that the game at East End Park would pull in 8000 punters - it didn't - but the crowd was noticeably better than Friday evening's poor 3744 for the SPL game ICT v St Johnstone. The Falkirk attendance seems to be smaller than their average. I just can't explain why the Morton home attendances have been so poor - perhaps they are saving their pennies for Wednesday? Dumbarton v Livi isn't great, but only the Jags bring a big support to New Boghead!

Although the Dunfermline crowd is short of what you say was predicted, it's significantly higher than their derby attendance against Falkirk. I suspect they didn't want to run the risk of putting money into Masterton's pocket.

One thing that always irritates me - and I witnessed the very thing passing through Greenock today - are the inevitable convoys of coaches departing for (in this case) Celtic Park (although another cheek of the former Old Firm @rse is also available in altered form). On the way home today I saw the lumpen hoard returning.

Seems a great pity - not just for Morton but also for any number of local non-sectarian teams across Scotland where such pantomimes are acted out every week.

Edited by JeanieD