Attendances

Lenziejag2

OK! Here are today's SFL1 attendances - and PTFC are top of the list! Why are Hamilton Accies so poorly supported? PTFC v Airdrie - 3021; Dunfermline v Morton - 2720; Cowden v Raith - 1078; Dumbarton v Falkirk - 997; Hamilton v Livi - 914. I am sure forum members will have views on these figures.

Why are Hamilton Accies so poorly supported?

Partly to do with their board's support of Sevco in the summer and I assume a resultant lower uptake of season tickets this season? OK, maybe only a handful sticking to their guns when they said they wouldn't be back but I'm told there's a lot of supporters disillusioned with the way their club is being run and I suppose they just don't turn up so regularly.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I think we have done really well first of all to break the 2,000 barrier in midweek. Secondly, breaking the 3,000 mark when you consider the pathetic away support yesterday is also a real achievement. Crowds definitely going the right way. Obviously the fact we are challenging for the league is a major factor in that but I'd like to think the positive changes in match day experience have also contributed.

• Like 1

Attendances must be up.... we've been clocking our usual seats from the North Stand recently thinking it's a bit busy over over there. With shorty in attendance this week I had to go in 15 minutes early! My definition of 'early' is hearing Sylvia from a seat rather than when you're walking up the lane.

I try to arrive at 3 on the dot to avoid Max's per-match nonsense. Unfortunately, my timing was off yesterday and arrived five minutes early - WTF was he at announcing the team while strolling across the pitch? He seems to enjoy putting himself centre stage - announcers should be heard and not seen (although in Max's case I'd prefer not to hear him or his painful choice of 'music' either).

• Like 2

I try to arrive at 3 on the dot to avoid Max's per-match nonsense. Unfortunately, my timing was off yesterday and arrived five minutes early - WTF was he at announcing the team while strolling across the pitch? He seems to enjoy putting himself centre stage - announcers should be heard and not seen (although in Max's case I'd prefer not to hear him or his painful choice of 'music' either).

The Clash's London Calling was a welcome addition at half-time though. :music:

OK! Here are today's SFL1 attendances - and PTFC are top of the list! Why are Hamilton Accies so poorly supported? PTFC v Airdrie - 3021; Dunfermline v Morton - 2720; Cowden v Raith - 1078; Dumbarton v Falkirk - 997; Hamilton v Livi - 914. I am sure forum members will have views on these figures.

3021 isn't too bad at all, especially when you consider Airdrie's support has pretty much collapsed of late. Several times this season we have surpassed the 3000 mark, and whatever the ultimate outcome of this season is I hope the team has done enough to entice these 'new' fans back.

Charlie E

Firstly - get your facts right. Michael is not responsible for the music - it's controlled by someone else.

Secondly - having a go at a guy who has given countless years of service to the club is quite frankly very unfair. The fact that you are doing via your keyboard makes you nothing more than a coward.

Charlie E

Firstly - get your facts right. Michael is not responsible for the music - it's controlled by someone else.

Secondly - having a go at a guy who has given countless years of service to the club is quite frankly very unfair. The fact that you are doing via your keyboard makes you nothing more than a coward.

I'm hardly "having a go" at him.

Charlie E

Thanks Michael.

Not a huge fan of music at Firhill.

However this song must stay! Really gets me in a good mood and great for a wee sing song! Laaaddddiiioooo! :)!

That was torture yesterday - that ditty being particularly irritating - never again will I arrive before 3pm.

Unfortunately, there's no way of escaping half-time.

Edited by Charlie Endell